shortcut to terminate all prog

Please post your problem description here

Moderator: Barb@Invincea

Shiddo

shortcut to terminate all prog

Post by Shiddo » Thu May 17, 2012 12:50 pm

i am running a program sandboxed. when the program 1st starts it sometimes freezes and that freeze messes up my computer and may cause it to crash

when i run the program i can tell when its about to freeze. i have to react fast and terminate all sanboxed programs before the freeze happens

i can terminate all programs using the file menu, but it's slow because i have to go to file menu then terminate

is there some shortcut key i can press that terminates everything? i am using v3.62 32bit

opera

Post by opera » Thu May 17, 2012 1:32 pm

Have you tried just right-clicking on Sandboxie's taskbar icon and selecting 'Terminate All Programs' ?

Perhaps you might to mention what the program is that causes the freeze, your operating system and version build of Sandboxie, then someone may be able to troubleshoot the freeze with you.

Shiddo

Post by Shiddo » Thu May 17, 2012 2:02 pm

i am running a playstation 2 emulator sandboxed. i am running win 7 pro 32 bit. the emulator is crashing sometimes and crash is messing up my pc

i want to quickly terminate the emulator before it messes up my pc

what u said takes time

is there a faster way?

tzuk
Sandboxie Founder
Sandboxie Founder

Post by tzuk » Thu May 17, 2012 3:05 pm

You can create a desktop shortcut with a target that you enter as follows:
"C:\Program Files\Sandboxie\Start.exe" /terminate_all
Then right-click Properties on the new shortcut and set a shortcut key like CTRL+ALT+T.
tzuk

Shiddo

Post by Shiddo » Thu May 17, 2012 5:38 pm

thank you :-)

it worked, but using /terminateall didn't terminate the playstation 2 emulator

i am using pcsx2 and i put it in a separate sandbox. i ran internet explorer sandboxed in default sandbox

when i pressed the shortcut only internet explorer terminated but the emulator continued running

i had to use /box:xyz /terminate to terminate it where xyz is box of the emulator. now shortcut only terminates xyz

tzuk
Sandboxie Founder
Sandboxie Founder

Post by tzuk » Fri May 18, 2012 11:26 am

Just to clarify, it's /terminal_all (with an underscore _ before all) and not /terminateall (without the underscore).
In any case, looks like you found a way to make it work for you, so that's good.
tzuk