Chrome crashes on console open (CTRL+SHIFT+J) in Windows 7

Please post your problem description here

Moderator: Barb@Invincea

cornflake

Chrome crashes on console open (CTRL+SHIFT+J) in Windows 7

Post by cornflake » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:42 pm

I am using Chrome 72.0.3626.119 and Sandboxie 5.26 on Windows 7. In one of the sandboxes whenever I open the console Chrome will crash. I tried this a dozen times and it crashes every time. One of those times I saw this error:

SBIE2101 Object name not found: , error ConnectPort (C0000022) access=001F0000 initialized=1

Other sandboxes on the same computer Chrome does not have that problem so I don't know what it is about this one sandbox but regardless I don't think I should see that.

---------MERGED POST-----------
Adding {53BD6B4E-3780-4693-AFC3-7161C2F3EE9C} to COM resource access does not help.
Last edited by Barb@Invincea on Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double post

Barb@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support

Re: Chrome crashes on console open (CTRL+SHIFT+J) in Windows 7

Post by Barb@Invincea » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:36 am

Hi cornflake,

You probably need to delete the contents of that Sandbox. Also check its configuration and compare it the Sandboxes that do work, for any clues.
Configure --> Edit configuration
You'll see each Sandbox and their settings.

I would also recommend that you upgrade to 5.28 as you are running an old version of Sandboxie.

Regards,
Barb.-

cornflake

Post by cornflake » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:59 pm

I tried moving the files into a sandbox where I know it works and the same thing happened. In other words I had like C:\sandbox\user\sandbox1\<files> and moved those files into c:\sandbox\user\sandbox2 which prior to that I had tested out chrome and had the same thing working and then deleted those files.

So it's definitely something in the sandbox files or registry and not a sandbox settings configuration issue. Still it would be nice if sandboxie could tell me what is happening rather than having to delete the sandbox. The error message is pretty lacking and only appeared once though I was able to reproduce the crash many times.

Barb@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support

Post by Barb@Invincea » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:25 am

Hi cornflake ,

It sounds like your files are corrupted. I don't have any other suggestions other than deleting the contents of your Sandbox.
I'll leave your thread open in case anybody else wants to chime in.

Regards,
Barb.-