Opera 55 downloads -sbie2101 object name not found: , error connectport (C0000022) access=001F0000 initialized=1

Please post your problem description here

Moderator: Barb@Invincea

Sandboxie User

Opera 55 downloads -sbie2101 object name not found: , error connectport (C0000022) access=001F0000 initialized=1

Post by Sandboxie User » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:35 am

Hi,

Sometimes whenever I would try to download media files, this error would come up and my browser would crash resulting me to restarting all and any downloads that were in progress. Is there a fix for this or am I the only one having this issue?

I have already tried loading Opera with the "--no-sandbox" option as mentioned in some of the other threads similar but with different errors(As I was looking into why my flash or html videos weren't loading/streaming at all on most sites, and that fixed that) but that doesn't fix it....

I have attached a screenshot of the error window sandboxie throws to me when it does happen.

This has been going on since I updated Opera to v40 something, so a while back - just that I didn't bother reporting it until now, which is using the latest v55; it's just starting to get on my nerve.......hahahaha :mrgreen: So it wasn't all like this before, used to be smooth sailing.....until either you or and Opera did something that made it unstable whilst attempting to download stuff....

Browser: Opera 55.0.2994.56
Computer/laptop: Gigabyte P35x V3
Sandboxie version: 5.26 (64-bit)

Kind Regards,
Sandboxie User
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (24.52 KiB) Viewed 1399 times

Barb@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support

Re: sbie2101 object name not found: , error connectport (C0000022) access=001F0000 initialized=1

Post by Barb@Invincea » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:41 pm

Hello Sandboxie User ,

Please provide all of the required information so that we can better assist:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=19746
Are you using any addons?
Did you apply the steps listed here? (including testing in a new Sandbox?) :
viewtopic.php?p=134483#p134483

If the issue persists after the above listed, please include your configuration file as well:
Configure --> Edit configuration
Copy/paste the contents, highlight them and click on the "</>" button for format them in your response.

Regards,
Barb.-

Sandboxie User

Re: sbie2101 object name not found: , error connectport (C0000022) access=001F0000 initialized=1

Post by Sandboxie User » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:48 am

Hi Barb, thanks for replying! ๐Ÿ˜Š

The steps to reproduce the crash and error are as follows(and keep in mind this is an intermittent issue as mentioned earlier, for me; therefore you may or may not be able to reproduce the issue successfully each try):

1) Open Opera to any pages with files to download
2) Attempt to download file either by right clicking and then save as or simply clicking a premade download button
3) Crash to desktop should be the result before even before getting to the "file save as" window assuming you have "I will choose where to save downloads myself" or whatever is the exact phrase(since I'm not on my computer typing out this post, but on my phone and only recalling the phrase to the best of my memory) in the options menu in opera checked. Or if it doesn't immediately crash then, it will crash after you name or define the destination for the file to be saved in.

You will feel a sudden lag with the mouse cursor right before it crashes.

The only other bit of info missing is that I am running Kaspersky Internet Security 2018 (KIS2018) as my anti-virus suite. If it helps, I also run, in addition to KIS2018: Malwarebytes AntiMalware, Zemana AntiMalware, SUPERAntiSpyware and (I think) Spybot Search and Destroy (can't remember which version though) or if I'm not running that, then Spyware Blaster is the other one. All with their real time protection enabled except Spyware Blaster because that's passive protection.

I've already cleaned and even reinstalled windows, oh yes that's right - that's the other missing piece of info I failed to tell; it's running windows 7 64-bit Pro, anyways, and the crash to desktop still persists.

Now the only thing I haven't tried that you linked to is create a brand new sand box that doesn't inherit the same settings from the original sandboxed used and use that. I shall try this and see if at all any time I get a crash to desktop with the same error again by downloading files.

I'll let you know next reply if it happens or not, so may take a while since this *is* an intermittent issue for me.... ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜‹

Peace! ๐Ÿ–โ˜ฎ

Barb@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support

Post by Barb@Invincea » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:16 am

Hello Sandboxie User,

Thanks for the update. Can you provide an example of website and files that you are downloading? What do you mean by a "premade download button"? And, are you downloading the files to a recovery location, a network drive, a specific folder? Does the behavior change if you choose to download them to, say, your Desktop? Does it crash while changing directories instead?

Can you confirm that Opera runs correctly outside Sandboxie?
Are there any security addons installed in it?

I will wait for your input regarding testing a new Sandbox. I also have an additional suggestion if the problem persists in your new Sandbox:
viewtopic.php?p=124860#p124860

About the security software installed, there are some we do not support, so we cannot help you unless you remove them (remove them for testing purposes, you can reinstall afterward as desired/needed):

Not Supported:
Kaspersky Internet Security 2018 (KIS2018)
Zemana AntiMalware
[More info here viewtopic.php?f=11&t=21539 and here https://www.sandboxie.com/KnownConflicts#Antivirus].

As a side note, having too many security programs running at the same time can and will trigger problems, as they may have similar functionality trying to work at the same time, thus creating problems.

Regards,
Barb.-

Sandboxie User

Post by Sandboxie User » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:24 am

Hi,
Barb@Invincea wrote: โ†‘
Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:16 am
Thanks for the update. Can you provide an example of website and files that you are downloading?
yeah sure, http://kissanime.ru and an example direct download: https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t42.904 ... e=5BA4AA73

I think all files here are MP4s....though you might see a few 3GPs here and there...
What do you mean by a "premade download button"?
Buttons on the website where it explicitly gives you the option to download something, so using the above example website:
click.PNG
click.PNG (5.17 KiB) Viewed 1281 times
And if there premade download button doesn't exist or doesn't work, I would do: right click anywhere on the page, click "Inspect Element", then go to the network tab and hunt down the media file to download for testing. :wink:
And, are you downloading the files to a recovery location, a network drive, a specific folder? Does the behavior change if you choose to download them to, say, your Desktop? Does it crash while changing directories instead?
A specific folder that I specifically created for downloads from that browser sandboxed.

Actually, yes it does apparently crash when I try to change directories, say one level above the specific folder I use to put all the downloads into.... :? :| :!:
Can you confirm that Opera runs correctly outside Sandboxie?
Yes
Are there any security addons installed in it?
Nope, all stock.
I will wait for your input regarding testing a new Sandbox. I also have an additional suggestion if the problem persists in your new Sandbox:
viewtopic.php?p=124860#p124860
Hmmmm, will need to do some more testing with this....what does this new addition to the COM resource access do anyways?

Also while I'm at this point, I may as well provide you my config file just in case further testing of this change doesn't solve it completely:

Code: Select all

[GlobalSettings]

Template=WindowsRasMan
Template=KeyScrambler
Template=Kaspersky
Template=InternetDownloadManager
Template=OfficeLicensing

[UserSettings_0CFA022C]

SbieCtrl_NextUpdateCheck=1537789985
SbieCtrl_UpdateCheckNotify=n
SbieCtrl_WindowCoords=390,257,1237,632
SbieCtrl_ActiveView=40021
SbieCtrl_UserName=riolu
SbieCtrl_ShowWelcome=n
SbieCtrl_AutoApplySettings=n
SbieCtrl_BoxExpandedView=_Bot_32,_bot_33,Ruse,Singularity,Steambox,Steambox2,Steambox_box_31,WB,WBTest

[WB]

ConfigLevel=7
AutoRecover=y
BlockNetworkFiles=y
Template=AutoRecoverIgnore
Template=Firefox_Phishing_DirectAccess
Template=Chrome_Phishing_DirectAccess
Template=LingerPrograms
Template=BlockPorts
Template=WindowsFontCache
Template=qWave
RecoverFolder=%Desktop%
RecoverFolder=%Favorites%
RecoverFolder=%Personal%
RecoverFolder=%{374DE290-123F-4565-9164-39C4925E467B}%
BorderColor=#00FFFF,ttl
Enabled=y
OpenClsid={53BD6B4E-3780-4693-AFC3-7161C2F3EE9C}

[Ruse]

FileRootPath=E:\Sandbox\Ruse
Enabled=y
ConfigLevel=7
AutoRecover=y
BlockNetworkFiles=y
Template=qWave
Template=BlockPorts
Template=LingerPrograms
RecoverFolder=%Personal%
RecoverFolder=%Desktop%
BorderColor=#00FFFF,ttl

[Singularity]

FileRootPath=E:\Sandbox\Singularity
Enabled=y
ConfigLevel=7
AutoRecover=y
BlockNetworkFiles=y
Template=qWave
Template=BlockPorts
Template=LingerPrograms
RecoverFolder=%Personal%
RecoverFolder=%Desktop%
BorderColor=#00FFFF,ttl

[Steambox]

FileRootPath=E:\Sandbox\Steambox
Enabled=y
ConfigLevel=7
AutoRecover=y
BlockNetworkFiles=y
Template=qWave
Template=BlockPorts
Template=LingerPrograms
RecoverFolder=%Personal%
RecoverFolder=%Desktop%
BorderColor=#00FFFF,ttl

[Steambox_box_31]

FileRootPath=E:\Sandbox\Steambox_box_31
Enabled=y
ConfigLevel=7
AutoRecover=y
BlockNetworkFiles=y
Template=qWave
Template=BlockPorts
Template=LingerPrograms
RecoverFolder=%Personal%
RecoverFolder=%Desktop%
BorderColor=#00FFFF,ttl

[Steambox2]

FileRootPath=E:\Sandbox\Steambox2
Enabled=y
ConfigLevel=7
AutoRecover=y
BlockNetworkFiles=y
Template=qWave
Template=BlockPorts
Template=LingerPrograms
RecoverFolder=%Personal%
RecoverFolder=%Desktop%
BorderColor=#00FFFF,ttl

[Defaultbox]

FileRootPath=E:\Sandbox\1
Enabled=y
ConfigLevel=7
AutoRecover=y
BlockNetworkFiles=y
Template=LingerPrograms
Template=BlockPorts
Template=qWave
RecoverFolder=%Desktop%
RecoverFolder=%Personal%
BorderColor=#00FFFF,ttl
NotifyInternetAccessDenied=y
ClosedFilePath=InternetAccessDevices

[_Bot_32]

FileRootPath=E:\Sandbox\_Bot_32
Enabled=y
ConfigLevel=7
AutoRecover=y
BlockNetworkFiles=y
Template=LingerPrograms
Template=BlockPorts
Template=qWave
RecoverFolder=%Desktop%
RecoverFolder=%Personal%
BorderColor=#00FFFF,ttl
CopyLimitKb=131082

[_bot_33]

FileRootPath=E:\Sandbox\_Bot_33
Enabled=y
ConfigLevel=7
AutoRecover=y
BlockNetworkFiles=y
Template=qWave
Template=BlockPorts
Template=LingerPrograms
RecoverFolder=%Personal%
RecoverFolder=%Desktop%
BorderColor=#00FFFF,ttl
CopyLimitKb=131082

[WBTest]

Enabled=y
ConfigLevel=7
AutoRecover=y
BlockNetworkFiles=y
Template=qWave
Template=BlockPorts
Template=LingerPrograms
RecoverFolder=%Personal%
RecoverFolder=%Desktop%
BorderColor=#00FFFF,ttl
OpenClsid={53BD6B4E-3780-4693-AFC3-7161C2F3EE9C}
About the security software installed, there are some we do not support, so we cannot help you unless you remove them (remove them for testing purposes, you can reinstall afterward as desired/needed):

Not Supported:
Kaspersky Internet Security 2018 (KIS2018)
Zemana AntiMalware
[More info here viewtopic.php?f=11&t=21539 and here https://www.sandboxie.com/KnownConflicts#Antivirus].
Mine is KIS 2018, not KIS2017, or KIS2016 or even KIS2015 as stated on those pages.....
As a side note, having too many security programs running at the same time can and will trigger problems, as they may have similar functionality trying to work at the same time, thus creating problems.
That may be true, but it's better safe than sorry, is it not? Plus I don't trust my own common sense......hahaha.... :lol: :roll: :mrgreen: So it's always good to have a 2nd/3rd/4th/5th opinion or something around telling me "Hey that file you just downloaded smells like a virus, I will go ahead and delete that for you before you actually execute it by accident or intentionally thinking it would do something else that's advertised wherever you downloaded it from"

Oh yeah, I don't have Spybot Search and Destroy installed, so it's just four, five if you include the passive Spyware Blaster program. Oh yeah I got KeyScrambler if that counts for something and ooooh I forgot this one, I have CryptoPrevent if any of these extra two newly mentioned titles mean anything to you....

As a side note, I notice once Opera crashes, using Process Explorer to peek into the running processes, the instance runs out of sandbox (or in sandbox but with no visible window - [strike]I'll have to confirm this later[/strike] Confirmed, it is indeed in sandbox, just without a a visible window.
operag.PNG
operag.PNG (75.09 KiB) Viewed 1281 times
) and pegs my CPU as if I was doing something CPU intensive........but since I'm not, I would take a wild guess this could be the entry point for running Cryptomining in the background "borrowing" your CPU power.....or it could just be Opera trying to sort itself out after a crash but fails miserably resulting in me having to force end process of it via Process Explorer.....actually I don't even have to end the process through Process Explorer, I can just terminate it through Sandboxie Control Panel if it's there....

Kind Regards,
Sandboxie User

Barb@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support

Post by Barb@Invincea » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:00 am

Hello Sandboxie User,

The link you provided has expired "URL signature expired" . I cannot seem to download anything from that site.
But I tested other downloads with no issues (including changing directories), please provide the results of adding the COM class from the previous thread.
Hmmmm, will need to do some more testing with this....what does this new addition to the COM resource access do anyways?
I am not 100% sure, but it helped other users in the past, as listed in the post. Please let me know the outcome. I am assuming that the only Sandbox you use with Opera is "WB" ? (It is the one with the COM open) .
Did you get a chance to test in a new Sandbox with default settings? What was the outcome?

Template=InternetDownloadManager ---> Are you using this when your downloads take place? (I am guessing not since you stated you don't have any addons). Try to remove that template and re-test the downloads after deleting the contents of your Sandbox, let me know the result.
Mine is KIS 2018, not KIS2017, or KIS2016 or even KIS2015 as stated on those pages.....
Still, they are not tested / supported. So please, try without them, then feel free to reinstall them [(only do this step if everything else fails).]
That may be true, but it's better safe than sorry, is it not?
If you have too many applications that conflict with each other, functionality will be affected. But, if you'd like to know more about why, I recommend to do an online search regarding running multiple antivirus at the same time.

Regards,
Barb.-

Sandboxie User

Post by Sandboxie User » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:20 am

Hi Barb,
The link you provided has expired "URL signature expired" . I cannot seem to download anything from that site.
oh....I guess they must have expiring download links.....well try this go onto: http://kissanime.ru/Anime/Bungou-Stray- ... rapidvideo and scroll down to where it says "Click here to download" and download the video file or if you can't or it won't let you, right click, click "Inspect Elements" then go to network tab and hunt for the media file and double click that and then right click on that newly opened tab and then "Save As" and save as whatever you want. Crash should be imminent then, either right after you click save as, and you'll feel a bit of lag with the mouse cursor or it will crash after saving into the designated folder. And it will also crash if you change directories too apparently....

I've crashed a few times trying to test that file, but after sometime, it finally downloads without a problem....so I'm guessing it's probably a bug in Opera or something in combination with Opera.......and as mentioned again earlier, this issue is intermittent, so you may get it right the first time but crash on the 2nd time or it'll keep crashing 10 times in a row......
I am not 100% sure, but it helped other users in the past, as listed in the post. Please let me know the outcome. I am assuming that the only Sandbox you use with Opera is "WB" ? (It is the one with the COM open) .
Did you get a chance to test in a new Sandbox with default settings? What was the outcome?
Well, looks like it still crashes after having that additional COM resource access added in....

Yes, WB = Web Browser and WBTest = Web Browser Test sandbox I created to test your possible solutions....

And yes even on a blank slate with WBTest, it still crashes...
Template=InternetDownloadManager ---> Are you using this when your downloads take place? (I am guessing not since you stated you don't have any addons). Try to remove that template and re-test the downloads after deleting the contents of your Sandbox, let me know the result.
No, I'm not using Internet Download Manager to download my files, it's all done through Opera's web browser downloader.

I will try again with the template removed and see if anything changes.
Still, they are not tested / supported. So please, try without them, then feel free to reinstall them [(only do this step if everything else fails).]
...well then that post should be updated to reflect the new unsupported programs if the old ones were explicitly stated, would make sense for that to also be amended in, ie for consistency, or else there would be confusion...... :) ๐Ÿ˜œ :mrgreen:
If you have too many applications that conflict with each other, functionality will be affected. But, if you'd like to know more about why, I recommend to do an online search regarding running multiple antivirus at the same time.
Yes, but I am only using one anti-virus, the others are anti-malware or specifically designed programs for specific area of malware, in this case Kaspersky takes care of viruses and worms, malwarebytes and zemana should do the general malware cleaning, superantispyware which specializes in the spyware section of malware that malwarebytes and or zemana doesn't touch, keyscrambler guards against keyloggers which I don't think any of the above mentioned programs guard against yet (though I do wanna create a test key logger to actually test this antikeylogger's advertised features....could just be snake oil and a placebo affect for me, for all I know without proper real world testing....) and finally cryptoprevent which mainly focuses on ransomware which I don't think any of the above programs guard against......oh and forgot, spywareblaster to guard the hosts file and web browser url block list so infected sites/addresses are stopped at the front....

So you see, they might actually not all be doing the exact some thing......but if they were, yes I would agree there'd be conflict and one trying to delete a file whilst the other trying to stop the other from deleting the file to then delete it themselves! hahahaha.... :lol: :roll: In the end really, I reckon all anti-virus companies should talk to each other and make it compatitle so if something happens because of one anti-virus program, the other one would go "Oh ok, I see you have already caught on with that, in that case I will go and deal with this issue over here that since you're busy deleting that file." and try to cooperate with each other....then we can have more than one anti-virus programs together! :mrgreen:

I have created an isolated testbed and installed windows 7 x64 pro and attempting this on that, but with zero protectionware, save for the default windows defender and whatever else you get on a stock install of windows 7. This should rule out any of the unsupported anti-virus and or malware programs interfering with sandboxie and opera causing opera to crash when downloading files.

Kind Regards,
Sandboxie User

Barb@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support

Post by Barb@Invincea » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:24 am

Hi Sandboxie User ,

I am unable to get to any kind of download links on that site. There is no download button, If I right-click inspect on the video, it brings me to a new (advertisement) page. If I right-click on the site itself, there is no media files, just gif files (which downloaded without problems. I switched directories as well).

If you use other browsers Sandboxed, do you have any problems at all?
I have created an isolated testbed and installed windows 7 x64 pro and attempting this on that, but with zero protectionware, save for the default windows defender and whatever else you get on a stock install of windows 7. This should rule out any of the unsupported anti-virus and or malware programs interfering with sandboxie and opera causing opera to crash when downloading files.
I am assuming you got the same results?
Are you copying the Sandboxie.ini file, or are you installing Sandboxie from scratch?
Are you copying any data from Opera?
Can you please try something that does not require a special login and let me know the outcome? [Here's an example https://www.thinkbroadband.com/download
Try both clicking on the buttons to initiate the downloads, as well as right-click "Save linked content as... "
Try with and without the COM class in the new Win 7 you set up please. ]

Regarding the antivirus software, feel free to post any updates in the Malware thread [viewtopic.php?f=11&t=21539] with your results and what works for your AV , and we will update the first page.

Regards,
Barb.-

huldu

Re: Opera 55 downloads -sbie2101 object name not found: , error connectport (C0000022) access=001F0000 initialized=1

Post by huldu » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:52 pm

I've been having a similar issue but with chrome 69.0.3497.100. It refuses to start "SBIE2101 Object name not found: , error ConnectPort (C0000022) access=001F0001 initialized=1". I've made various new sandboxes, with fresh settings, still the same error. Firefox works fine inside the box, everything else works fine. It's *only* chrome causing this issue and it's quite annoying. It has been like this for quite a few weeks.

Barb@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support

Re: Opera 55 downloads -sbie2101 object name not found: , error connectport (C0000022) access=001F0000 initialized=1

Post by Barb@Invincea » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:43 am

Hi huldu,

Please provide all of the info listed here viewtopic.php?p=134618#p134618

Regards,
Barb.-

Sandboxie User

Post by Sandboxie User » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:05 am

Hi Barb,
Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:24 am
I am unable to get to any kind of download links on that site. There is no download button, If I right-click inspect on the video, it brings me to a new (advertisement) page. If I right-click on the site itself, there is no media files, just gif files (which downloaded without problems. I switched directories as well).
oh ok fair enough, must just be me then.... :?
If you use other browsers Sandboxed, do you have any problems at all?
I don't use any other browsers sandboxed, just Opera...
I am assuming you got the same results?
um, only a crash when changing directories(but haven't been able to reproduce said change directory crash again...), but other than that so far no crashes....it's excruciatingly slow though, running a Pentium 4 CPU with 2GB of ram; just barely makes it on that with Opera running...hah
Are you copying the Sandboxie.ini file, or are you installing Sandboxie from scratch?
Installing from scratch.
Are you copying any data from Opera?
Nope, fresh install of Opera.
Can you please try something that does not require a special login and let me know the outcome? [Here's an example https://www.thinkbroadband.com/download
Yeah sure I can try that site. And yep it crashed on directory change, [s]but hasn't crashed on downloading yet[/s].... Nevermind that, it crashed! hahahaa :lol: :roll:
Try both clicking on the buttons to initiate the downloads, as well as right-click "Save linked content as... "
Yep done still crash...
Try with and without the COM class in the new Win 7 you set up please.
It's pretty hard to get consistent results since this issue appears to be intermittent, but if it happens at least once I guess that's confirmation that there is some sort of compatibility issue with Opera and Sandboxie? :?:

Kind Regards,
Sandboxie User

huldu

Post by huldu » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:39 am

"SBIE2101 Object name not found: , error ConnectPort (C0000022) access=001F0001 initialized=1
SBIE2314 Canceling process chrome.exe [10304 / 7]"

Sandboxie version: 5.26
Windows 10 x64: 17134
Chrome: Version 69.0.3497.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)

A completely fresh sandbox using default settings. I've tried making a new sandbox or use existing ones, same problem. I've reinstalled sandboxie as well a few times and deleted all settings. This *only* affects chrome. Firefox and everything else works *fine* in the sandbox. I've tried reinstalling chrome as well. I've not tried downgrading chrome but I would think that it would work but would be quite pointless.

I'm sure it's just something really silly causing the issues and I'll eventually figure it out(or someone else hopefully).

I might also point out that I've reinstalled chrome too. I wouldn't be surprised if the issue is something with chrome.

Barb@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support

Post by Barb@Invincea » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:51 am

Hello huldu ,

This is a post about Opera and downloads crashing for a user. Are you having issues downloading files?
Otherwise, provide the repro steps and we'll create a new thread for you.

Regards,
Barb.-

Sandboxie User

Post by Sandboxie User » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:48 am

...hmmm, it seems to also recently happening on Firefox ESR 52.9......first time trying to upload images to imgur, 2nd time trying to upload images to virustotal and 3rd time uploading to an image file metadata reader site...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............................