Antivirus/Anti-malware|SBIE v5+[working/not][Updated 7/14/17]

Please post your problem description here

Moderator: Barb@Invincea

Barb@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support
Posts: 2673
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:10 pm

Re: Antivirus/Anti-malware|SBIE v5+[working/not][Updated 7/14/17]

Post by Barb@Invincea » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:43 pm

Hello bjm,

Thank you very much for the update. I have not had a chance to test this myself yet, but it is on my to-do list.

Regards,
Barb.-

Barb@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support
Posts: 2673
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:10 pm

Re: Antivirus/Anti-malware|SBIE v5+[working/not][Updated 7/14/17]

Post by Barb@Invincea » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:53 pm

Hello ZNemesisLabs,

Finally, BitDefender updated, but to a different version : 1.0.10.12
I can repro the issue. I've made the devs aware.

Regards,
Barb.-

bjm
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:24 pm

Re: Antivirus/Anti-malware|SBIE v5+[working/not][Updated 7/14/17]

Post by bjm » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:47 pm

Barb@Invincea wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:43 pm
Hello bjm,
Thank you very much for the update. I have not had a chance to test this myself yet, but it is on my to-do list.
Regards,
Barb.-
Well, I was motivated to trial Firefox 58.0 (64-bit) at this time because WebrootSA + Firefox 58.0 (32-bit) has reported issue not related to Sandboxie.
So, your "to-do-list" best wait for WebrootSA dust to settle.
Regards

Edit: and while WebrootSA 9.0.19.36 + Firefox 58.0 (64-bit)(browser.tabs.remote.autostart|true) + Sandboxie 5.23.3 combo may be usable. Combo is not consistently ready for prime-time.
[https://s9.postimg.org/tses0hv67/2399.png]
[https://s9.postimg.org/la5bw9r9b/2400.png]
Sandboxie 5.26 - W10 Home - WebrootSA - Chrome

bjm
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:24 pm

Re: Antivirus/Anti-malware|SBIE v5+[working/not][Updated 7/14/17]

Post by bjm » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:49 am

bjm wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:47 pm
Barb@Invincea wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:43 pm
Hello bjm,
Thank you very much for the update. I have not had a chance to test this myself yet, but it is on my to-do list.
Regards,
Barb.-
Well, I was motivated to trial Firefox 58.0 (64-bit) at this time because WebrootSA + Firefox 58.0 (32-bit) has reported issue not related to Sandboxie.
So, your "to-do-list" best wait for WebrootSA dust to settle.
Regards

Edit: and while WebrootSA 9.0.19.36 + Firefox 58.0 (64-bit)(browser.tabs.remote.autostart|true) + Sandboxie 5.23.3 combo may be usable. Combo is not consistently ready for prime-time.
[https://s9.postimg.org/tses0hv67/2399.png]
[https://s9.postimg.org/la5bw9r9b/2400.png]
The preliminary release notes list one issue as fixed in Firefox 58.0.1.
When using certain non-default security policies on Windows (for example with Windows Defender Exploit Protection or Webroot security products), Firefox 58.0 would fail to load pages (bug 1433065).
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/5 ... easenotes/
WebrootSA 9.0.19.43 + Firefox 58.0.1 (64-bit) + Sandboxie 5.23.3 ... feels better. We'll monitor.
https://www.ghacks.net/2018/01/29/mozil ... n-windows/
Thanks
Sandboxie 5.26 - W10 Home - WebrootSA - Chrome

osbron
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:16 pm

Re: Antivirus/Anti-malware|SBIE v5+[working/not][Updated 7/14/17]

Post by osbron » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:17 pm

Hi Barb, so are there any updates thus far? I've been experiencing the same issue as bmj had described earlier with BitDefender Free 1.0.10.12. Had been using chrome 64 without sandboxing for the past few weeks already.
Barb@Invincea wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:53 pm
Hello ZNemesisLabs,

Finally, BitDefender updated, but to a different version : 1.0.10.12
I can repro the issue. I've made the devs aware.

Regards,
Barb.-

Barb@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support
Posts: 2673
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:10 pm

Re: Antivirus/Anti-malware|SBIE v5+[working/not][Updated 7/14/17]

Post by Barb@Invincea » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:33 am

Hello osbron ,

No updates at the moment.

Regards,
Barb.-

osbron
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:16 pm

Re: Antivirus/Anti-malware|SBIE v5+[working/not][Updated 7/14/17]

Post by osbron » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:26 am

Bitdefender Free Antivirus updated to 1.0.11.7

This time instead of throwing an ERR_NO_RESPONSE, it shows a GUI whereby you are given a choice to allow each individual site without a certificate cache through manually. This behavior resets when sandbox contents are deleted and the browser relaunched.

I think Bitdefender Free Antivirus should be flagged as "incompatible" or "in progress" meanwhile while the devs are looking at this. (I hope they are). I love bitdefender for their low system impact, lack of advertisements (like avast) and their good (best) detection rates. Really hope sandboxie can support this.

Have been using chrome unsandboxed for quite some time already. I miss the sandboxed days.

bjm
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:24 pm

Re: Antivirus/Anti-malware|SBIE v5+[working/not][Updated 7/14/17]

Post by bjm » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:12 pm

WebrootSA 9.0.19.43 + Firefox 59.0 (64-bit) + Sandboxie 5.24 ... feels okay.
Sandboxie 5.26 - W10 Home - WebrootSA - Chrome

flowjah
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:40 pm

Re: Antivirus/Anti-malware|SBIE v5+[working/not][Updated 7/14/17]

Post by flowjah » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:18 pm

I usually download in to the sandbox and then scan the files with my AV before moving them out of the sandbox. Now I can't do it anymore, the option to scan with my AV when I right click on the file is gone. It works outside of the sandbox. Anyone know why and how I can fix it? I use Panda Dome free and sandboxie 5.24 64 bit but this happened already before I updated, in version 5.23.5 as well. The option was just gone and I hadn't done anything, no update, no changes, I thought that the option to scan with the AV might return when I updated to 5.24 but nope. Or when I think of it I actually made some changes, I swtiched browser from Google Chrome to Firefox and bittorent client from Deluge to qBittorent and started using a VPN. But none of this should matter right?

Barb@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support
Posts: 2673
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:10 pm

Re: Antivirus/Anti-malware|SBIE v5+[working/not][Updated 7/14/17]

Post by Barb@Invincea » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:05 pm

Hello flowjah,

Did that functionality ever work for you?

Here are some examples of how to acomplish this:
viewtopic.php?p=48328#p48328
viewtopic.php?p=63588#p63588

Also, have a look at this entry:
https://www.sandboxie.com/FAQ_Virus

Regards,
Barb.-

flowjah
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:40 pm

Re: Antivirus/Anti-malware|SBIE v5+[working/not][Updated 7/14/17]

Post by flowjah » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:42 pm

Barb@Invincea wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:05 pm
Hello flowjah,

Did that functionality ever work for you?

Here are some examples of how to acomplish this:
viewtopic.php?p=48328#p48328
viewtopic.php?p=63588#p63588

Also, have a look at this entry:
https://www.sandboxie.com/FAQ_Virus

Regards,
Barb.-
Hi, yes it used to work for me. Thanks for the links. It works if I go to C drive and in to the sandbox folder but not if I click on the torrent in qbittorent and press "open target folder". If I do that and right click on the file there is no option to scan with the AV but if I manually go to C:\Sandbox\ it works. It's wierd.

osbron
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:16 pm

Re: Antivirus/Anti-malware|SBIE v5+[working/not][Updated 7/14/17]

Post by osbron » Thu May 03, 2018 7:12 am

About Bitdefender Antivirus Free - I think this should be taken off the supported antivirus status, or get this certification problem fixed.

I've been off Sandboxie for a couple of months already ever since BitDefender free starting flagging sites as unsafe, having to click through the error message every site I visit.

This problem does not appear for well known sites which uses a well known certificate. However smaller-sites for example sandboxie, this problem arises.

I hope to see this issue fixed, I'm beginning to get used to not using Sandboxie for my normal browsing experience.

Sandboxie: 5.24
Chrome Latest Version
Windows 10 Home Latest Version
Bitdefender Antivirus Free Latest Version

ZNemesisLabs
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:59 pm

Re: Antivirus/Anti-malware|SBIE v5+[working/not][Updated 7/14/17]

Post by ZNemesisLabs » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:57 am

The problem with Bitdefender has now been resolved for me, I can now visit any HTTPS website without being blocked. I'm not sure which update did it.

Bitdefender Antivirus Free version 1.0.12.30
Sandboxie 5.25.4

bjm
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:24 pm

Re: Antivirus/Anti-malware|SBIE v5+[working/not][Updated 7/14/17]

Post by bjm » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:41 pm

Hello all,
Kaspersky Free Antivirus 2019 working/not?
https://www.neowin.net/news/download-ka ... virus-2019

Thanks
Sandboxie 5.26 - W10 Home - WebrootSA - Chrome

bjm
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:24 pm

Re: Antivirus/Anti-malware|SBIE v5+[working/not][Updated 7/14/17]

Post by bjm » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:49 pm

bjm wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:41 pm
Hello all,
Kaspersky Free Antivirus 2019 working/not?
https://www.neowin.net/news/download-ka ... virus-2019

Thanks
Kaspersky Free 19.0.0.1088(b) appears to work okay, for me (with a few tweaks).
FWIW ~ YMMV
Regards w Respect
Sandboxie 5.26 - W10 Home - WebrootSA - Chrome

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests