5.11 Beta Available (latest version 5.12 RC)

Listing issues addressed in beta version 5.11
famadeus
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:04 pm

Re: 5.11 Beta Available (latest version 5.11.9)

Post by famadeus » Tue May 31, 2016 10:19 pm

Version 5.11.8 onwards seems to have introduced a number of issues for me on Windows 7 x64. None of these issues are present in 5.11.7, everything is working perfectly in that release. I initially went from 5.11.7 -> 5.11.9 and discovered these problems, I downloaded 5.11.8 to test and had the same issues.

Here's what I've come across so far:

Issue 1: my usb game controller is not working in sandboxed applictions, no response whatsoever.

Issue 2: audio switching between headphones and speakers results in muted volume in sandboxed applications. e.g. when playing a game I use my audio manager to switch all audio from my 2.1 speakers to my headphones, in 5.11.7 this works perfectly but in 5.11.8+ it results in silence, I have to restart the application to get audio back.

Issue 3: No audio when loading a new stream on http://www.twitch.tv until I refresh once in Firefox 46.

Craig@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support
Posts: 3523
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:00 pm
Location: DC Metro Area

Re: 5.11 Beta Available (latest version 5.11.9)

Post by Craig@Invincea » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:54 am

Version 5.11.8 onwards seems to have introduced a number of issues for me on Windows 7 x64. None of these issues are present in 5.11.7, everything is working perfectly in that release. I initially went from 5.11.7 -> 5.11.9 and discovered these problems, I downloaded 5.11.8 to test and had the same issues.
Try beta 5.11.8, remember these are BETAs. The stable version is 5.10.

Here's what I've come across so far:
Issue 1: my usb game controller is not working in sandboxed applictions, no response whatsoever.
Depends on the Game, and if the game understands the SB container. SB simply passes the that on to whatever needs it. However, we do not test game controllers, so it may be the game/application.
Issue 2: audio switching between headphones and speakers results in muted volume in sandboxed applications. e.g. when playing a game I use my audio manager to switch all audio from my 2.1 speakers to my headphones, in 5.11.7 this works perfectly but in 5.11.8+ it results in silence, I have to restart the application to get audio back.
Again, these are BETA versions. Use a new beta and check the Change Log to see if others were reporting the issue? If not, then you should be using the stable version unless you need a beta.
Issue 3: No audio when loading a new stream on http://www.twitch.tv until I refresh once in Firefox 46.
Again, try beta 5.11.9 or stable version. Delete the contents of your SB.

famadeus
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:04 pm

Re: 5.11 Beta Available (latest version 5.11.9)

Post by famadeus » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:41 am

Craig@Invincea wrote:
Version 5.11.8 onwards seems to have introduced a number of issues for me on Windows 7 x64. None of these issues are present in 5.11.7, everything is working perfectly in that release. I initially went from 5.11.7 -> 5.11.9 and discovered these problems, I downloaded 5.11.8 to test and had the same issues.
Try beta 5.11.8, remember these are BETAs. The stable version is 5.10.

Here's what I've come across so far:
Issue 1: my usb game controller is not working in sandboxed applictions, no response whatsoever.
Depends on the Game, and if the game understands the SB container. SB simply passes the that on to whatever needs it. However, we do not test game controllers, so it may be the game/application.
Issue 2: audio switching between headphones and speakers results in muted volume in sandboxed applications. e.g. when playing a game I use my audio manager to switch all audio from my 2.1 speakers to my headphones, in 5.11.7 this works perfectly but in 5.11.8+ it results in silence, I have to restart the application to get audio back.
Again, these are BETA versions. Use a new beta and check the Change Log to see if others were reporting the issue? If not, then you should be using the stable version unless you need a beta.
Issue 3: No audio when loading a new stream on http://www.twitch.tv until I refresh once in Firefox 46.
Again, try beta 5.11.9 or stable version. Delete the contents of your SB.
Hi Craig, thanks for the reply. I'm aware that these are beta versions, I'm just providing feedback as you move towards you next stable release (unless that's not helpful?). As I mentioned in my post I initially experienced these issues when going from 5.11.7 to 5.11.9, I then downloaded 5.11.8 to test and the issues persisted therefore 5.11.8 is the version in which these issues were introduced and they continue to occur in 5.11.9.

I haven't had the chance to test my controller in a freshly created sandbox but I can tell you that it's happening in three seperate sandboxes running different applications with multiple games, everything works perfectly again with all of them when reverting to 5.11.7.

Audio switching between headphones and speakers is broken in 5.11.8 and 5.11.9 but again works perfectly in 5.11.7

The browser audio issue on http://www.twitch.tv occurs in a fresh sandbox on both 5.11.8 and 5.11.9, no issues in 5.11.7 which I'll continue to use for now.

Curt@invincea
Sandboxie Lead Developer
Sandboxie Lead Developer
Posts: 1661
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:21 pm
Contact:

Re: 5.11 Beta Available (latest version 5.11.10)

Post by Curt@invincea » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:08 pm

5.11.10 has been released.

bo.elam
Sandboxie Guru
Sandboxie Guru
Posts: 2868
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:17 pm

Re: 5.11 Beta Available (latest version 5.11.10)

Post by bo.elam » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:26 am

All looking well with 5.11.10, Curt. 8)

Bo

Craig@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support
Posts: 3523
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:00 pm
Location: DC Metro Area

Re: 5.11 Beta Available (latest version 5.11.9)

Post by Craig@Invincea » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:31 am

famadeus wrote:Version 5.11.8 onwards seems to have introduced a number of issues for me on Windows 7 x64. None of these issues are present in 5.11.7, everything is working perfectly in that release. I initially went from 5.11.7 -> 5.11.9 and discovered these problems, I downloaded 5.11.8 to test and had the same issues.

Here's what I've come across so far:

Issue 1: my usb game controller is not working in sandboxed applictions, no response whatsoever.

Issue 2: audio switching between headphones and speakers results in muted volume in sandboxed applications. e.g. when playing a game I use my audio manager to switch all audio from my 2.1 speakers to my headphones, in 5.11.7 this works perfectly but in 5.11.8+ it results in silence, I have to restart the application to get audio back.

Issue 3: No audio when loading a new stream on http://www.twitch.tv until I refresh once in Firefox 46.
Few more questions. What version of DirectX?
What audio program(s)
Audio manager....as in Windows Audio or a 3rd party manager?

henryg
Posts: 552
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:38 am

Re: 5.11 Beta Available (latest version 5.11.9)

Post by henryg » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:25 am

Craig@Invincea wrote:
henryg wrote:If I run a pdf sandboxed (right-click on pdf, run sandboxed), I get error message SBIE2205 Service not implemented: Manifest Length (524288).
usually it's a problem with the program. What PDF viewer are you using? What happens when you open the pdf program first then the PDF document?
Working with latest beta (5.11.10), so good enough for me :D
Henry

Craig@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support
Posts: 3523
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:00 pm
Location: DC Metro Area

Re: 5.11 Beta Available (latest version 5.11.9)

Post by Craig@Invincea » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:42 pm

henryg wrote:
Craig@Invincea wrote:
henryg wrote:If I run a pdf sandboxed (right-click on pdf, run sandboxed), I get error message SBIE2205 Service not implemented: Manifest Length (524288).
usually it's a problem with the program. What PDF viewer are you using? What happens when you open the pdf program first then the PDF document?
Working with latest beta (5.11.10), so good enough for me :D
Glad everything is working for you HenryG!

famadeus
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:04 pm

Re: 5.11 Beta Available (latest version 5.11.9)

Post by famadeus » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:10 pm

Craig@Invincea wrote:
famadeus wrote:Version 5.11.8 onwards seems to have introduced a number of issues for me on Windows 7 x64. None of these issues are present in 5.11.7, everything is working perfectly in that release. I initially went from 5.11.7 -> 5.11.9 and discovered these problems, I downloaded 5.11.8 to test and had the same issues.

Here's what I've come across so far:

Issue 1: my usb game controller is not working in sandboxed applictions, no response whatsoever.

Issue 2: audio switching between headphones and speakers results in muted volume in sandboxed applications. e.g. when playing a game I use my audio manager to switch all audio from my 2.1 speakers to my headphones, in 5.11.7 this works perfectly but in 5.11.8+ it results in silence, I have to restart the application to get audio back.

Issue 3: No audio when loading a new stream on http://www.twitch.tv until I refresh once in Firefox 46.
Few more questions. What version of DirectX?
What audio program(s)
Audio manager....as in Windows Audio or a 3rd party manager?
The latest version of Direct X available on Windows 7 - Direct X 11.1 (KB2670838)

Realtek HD Audio Manager, which comes bundled with audio drivers/codecs. Again the latest version 2.79.

Just fyi I did a quick test with 5.11.10 and also have the issues on that version.

Craig@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support
Posts: 3523
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:00 pm
Location: DC Metro Area

Re: 5.11 Beta Available (latest version 5.11.10)

Post by Craig@Invincea » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:46 pm

The latest version of Direct X available on Windows 7 - Direct X 11.1 (KB2670838)

Realtek HD Audio Manager, which comes bundled with audio drivers/codecs. Again the latest version 2.79.

Just fyi I did a quick test with 5.11.10 and also have the issues on that version.
Direct X 11 is standard. as for that KB, it was addressed long ago..... but there are MS posts about this KB causing sound issues, But then again, it was released in early 2013. We're a long since past that w/ SBIE.
I currently have the standard Windows audio device.High Def Audio device [v6.1.7601.17514]
Twitch works fine in switching, in FF, Cyberfox, etc.
Same applies to Youtube in both.

Maybe totally uninstall SBIE, not not safe the config .ini file, reboot and reinstall?

Could it be Realtek? Unsure. But I'm willing to bet others in our 4 million user base have it installed as well.

Otherwise, no other ideas. I overwrite SBIE many times during the day in testing various browsers/audio players, and with the Standards Direct 11+ and above & Standard Windows High Def Audio Driver, not problems here.

nicknomo
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:15 am

Re: 5.11 Beta Available (latest version 5.11.10)

Post by nicknomo » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:54 pm

Win 10 x64
Sandboxie Beta 5.11.10
Chrome 50.0.2661.102 m
Click to run Office 2013

I have an issue with Outlook freezing in the Sandbox (intermittent), so I occasionally right click the sandboxie icon and disable forced programs. I do this to open Outlook, which is set as a forced program. After the "disable forced programs" time expires (I have mine set to 30 seconds), Outlook will spawn non-sandboxed browser windows. I click on a link in an email, and chrome launches without being sandboxed.

Just curious if anyone else can duplicate this...

Syrinx
Sandboxie Guru
Sandboxie Guru
Posts: 621
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:11 pm

Re: 5.11 Beta Available (latest version 5.11.10)

Post by Syrinx » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:55 pm

nicknomo wrote:Win 10 x64
Sandboxie Beta 5.11.10
Chrome 50.0.2661.102 m
Click to run Office 2013

I have an issue with Outlook freezing in the Sandbox (intermittent), so I occasionally right click the sandboxie icon and disable forced programs. I do this to open Outlook, which is set as a forced program. After the "disable forced programs" time expires (I have mine set to 30 seconds), Outlook will spawn non-sandboxed browser windows. I click on a link in an email, and chrome launches without being sandboxed.

Just curious if anyone else can duplicate this...
Working as designed though I personally feel it's counter intuitive to the way it normally works.
http://forums.sandboxie.com/phpBB3/view ... 17&t=22748
https://www.ntlite.com

nicknomo
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:15 am

Re: 5.11 Beta Available (latest version 5.11.10)

Post by nicknomo » Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:59 am

Syrinx wrote:
nicknomo wrote:Win 10 x64
Sandboxie Beta 5.11.10
Chrome 50.0.2661.102 m
Click to run Office 2013

I have an issue with Outlook freezing in the Sandbox (intermittent), so I occasionally right click the sandboxie icon and disable forced programs. I do this to open Outlook, which is set as a forced program. After the "disable forced programs" time expires (I have mine set to 30 seconds), Outlook will spawn non-sandboxed browser windows. I click on a link in an email, and chrome launches without being sandboxed.

Just curious if anyone else can duplicate this...
Working as designed though I personally feel it's counter intuitive to the way it normally works.
http://forums.sandboxie.com/phpBB3/view ... 17&t=22748
Wow, I'm going to have to throw in my two cents here, and say there needs to be a way to override this behavior.

I guess if anything, I'm better off leaving outlook as not being a forced program, and Sandbox it manually... This way, if I do run it without being Sandboxed, chrome will still be forced into a sandbox.

a3739349drdrbcom
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:07 am

Post by a3739349drdrbcom » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:51 am

[u]Win8.1x64 with all lastest patch & SBIE 5.11.10 x64[/u]

SBIE2224 Sandboxed program has crashed: BraveSetup-x64.exe
SBIE2224 Sandboxed program has crashed: BraveSetup-ia32.exe

Brave Browser all version's EXE installer both 32bit and 64bit ( https://brave.com/downloads.html ) crash since SBIE 5.11.08 and still exist on 5.11.09 & 5.11.10

Although Brave Browser is developer edition and has alternative installers, it would be better to fix this problem. :roll:

Craig@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support
Posts: 3523
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:00 pm
Location: DC Metro Area

Re:

Post by Craig@Invincea » Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:31 pm

a3739349drdrbcom wrote:Win8.1x64 with all lastest patch & SBIE 5.11.10 x64

SBIE2224 Sandboxed program has crashed: BraveSetup-x64.exe
SBIE2224 Sandboxed program has crashed: BraveSetup-ia32.exe

Brave Browser all version's EXE installer both 32bit and 64bit ( https://brave.com/downloads.html ) crash since SBIE 5.11.08 and still exist on 5.11.09 & 5.11.10

Although Brave Browser is developer edition and has alternative installers, it would be better to fix this problem. :roll:
Well, we're not going to use limited resourced on a Dev build on a browser we've never heard of, nor do we support. Please use a browser we support [Below]

And you're using a Beta build of SBIE. The Stable build is 5.10. But there is not guarantee "Brave" will work. As I mentioned above.

It's best to try and install the browser on your HOST and then run it as sandboxed to test, we cannot gurantee forks of the main 4 we support can be directly installed into a SB. Here is a link to ones we've tested installed DIRECTLY into a SB http://forums.sandboxie.com/phpBB3/view ... 11&t=21974

However, we are at the moment compatible with with many many browsers, however we cannot support every single one.

We don't support Tor and others.

We directly only support IE, Chrome, FF and Opera. 32/64 bit...

but we also work with [as of June 2016]

Vivaldi
Cyberfox
Palemoon
SeaMonkey
Slimjet
Chromium
Comodo browser
....YMMV with any these forks...and other forks of Chrome / FF, but again, we directly look at the "big 4" for resources.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest