5.11 Beta Available (latest version 5.12 RC)

Listing issues addressed in beta version 5.11
Elitethem

Re: 5.11 Beta Available (latest version 5.11.6)

Post by Elitethem » Wed May 04, 2016 10:31 am

Craig@Invincea wrote:With that screen shot, Vivildi is trying to access a resource, or you have a template checked. Look under SBIE Control Applications Misc "Allow Direct Access to qWaveDrive for Google hangouts" and see if that is checked? It should not be unless you need it.
qwave.PNG
With that...
I also see you have a lot of security products running that have a history of intereing with SBIE. Like we ask any poster in the forum per the rules, we ask you list what security products you're running. Disabling those (or removing those) usually help. There is a thread here of what is supported, but this is only from our internal quick tests, YMMV. http://forums.sandboxie.com/phpBB3/view ... 11&t=21539

Yes, we are aware there are lots of browser variations. This is why we only focus on the 3 primary browsers., Without extensions or addons. We focus on browsers that our web traffic and users USE routinely. Vivaldi is one of many that doesn't even rank. It's based on Chromium. Since that's the engine, we focus on that.

We do support others, but the primary focus is Chome, FF, IE..and 32/64 versions thereof. (and Opera to some extent)

We cannot test or support every possible browser or addon / extension configuration or combination. That simply won't happen. We simply have other priorities that affect a vast swath of users.

Do we test Vivaldi? Not directly, nor routinely. This applies to Cyberfox, Waterfox, and others.

However, I did test and like I said, I had no issues. It could an issue local to your machine.

Try the browser only, disable any running extensions.

Are you running Antivirus? Antimalware? Etc. If so, what?
WOW! I ticked that box and the crashes stopped straight away. The website loads every time now:)

Thanks for your help Craig

Edit: BTW I only run Emsisoft Antimalware no other security software installed. I also dont use any browser add-ons. I am greatful of your help - Much appreciated. :) You should test Vivaldi more it's a great browser. :)

Curt@invincea
Sandboxie Lead Developer
Sandboxie Lead Developer

Post by Curt@invincea » Wed May 04, 2016 12:11 pm

Elitethem wrote:Windows 10 x64 - Vivaldi x64 Screenshot http://s32.postimg.org/3qurimr39/Screenshot_1.png

You have to remember theres LOTS! Variations and the browser only crashes on this website.... other wise it works great!

Full memory dump(s) of sandboxie processes when it crashed

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0zja5gvyemnt6 ... l.dmp?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0zja5gvyemnt6 ... l.dmp?dl=0
These are manually created dumps of SbieCtrl.exe just sitting there doing its job. SbieCtrl didn't crash.

Craig@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support

Post by Craig@Invincea » Wed May 04, 2016 12:13 pm

And I haven't had a crash in Vivaldi on that OS with that particular site.

Elitethem

Post by Elitethem » Wed May 04, 2016 8:54 pm

Craig@Invincea
Curt@invincea

Tbh you guys are starting to be extremely rude and unprofessional and having a "dig" and want the last laugh and calling me a liar.

I will be sending the dumps to Emsisoft (Fabian) and Microsoft not that it's there problem. Thanks for your help guys. You solved the problem in the end

Syrinx
Sandboxie Guru
Sandboxie Guru

Post by Syrinx » Wed May 04, 2016 10:33 pm

Elitethem wrote:Craig@Invincea
Curt@invincea

Tbh you guys are starting to be extremely rude and unprofessional and having a "dig" and want the last laugh and calling me a liar.

I will be sending the dumps to Emsisoft (Fabian) and Microsoft not that it's there problem. Thanks for your help guys. You solved the problem in the end
Woah there, sir...Slow down please! I didn't get anything of the sort from what they said. Please try to understand that it can be rather difficult to reproduce the results you see on your system with just a few pieces of info. The dmp shows extra effort but there's no telling if the (your) environment was fully recreated [even if the software was, the settings for each could play a part in the results] for their tests at this point but they obviously saw something that they thought might help and passed it along.

They were just saying that they can't reproduce the issue on a standard setup. I've had plenty of 'unique' problems with software over the years and have even tried to solve [or at least isolate] a few for others. It can be a real pain to recreate the unique conditions that are involved in a specific issue when you don't know which thing or things might be involved. Short of a live remote session or a hardware independent image it can sometimes be difficult to 'experience what happens' on the reporters PC. From what you said though they managed to give you a possible solution that actually worked. As such I wonder [/me puts on joker mask], why so upset? :-/
http://goo.gl/p8qFCf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIxWgVOCexU

rpljhun

Post by rpljhun » Thu May 05, 2016 3:56 am

On a site that implements WebRTC, Chromium and Chromium base browsers are using the Quality Windows Audio/Video Experience(QWAVE) API to set DSCP bits on outgoing UDP Packets. This requires access to \Device\QWAVEdrv. So Chromium browser is going to crash on any site that implement it and NOT the SbieCtrl.exe. One site I've encountered was the http://www.straitstimes.com which require access to qwave but once you've viewed the site successfully by allowing access to it the second visit is not going to access the qwave anymore probably because a cookie was set(you need to clear your sandbox to experience it again). But this https://diafygi.github.io/webrtc-ips/ will always access qwave upon visit. Just the same with the site posted by Elitethem. Thus I'll be expecting users experiencing the same issue someday.

Btw, I'm using Google Chrome 50.0.2661.94m x64 on Windows 10.0.10586. I made custom template to be more restrictive. Just sharing.

Code: Select all

[Template_Local_Chrome_QWAVEdrv_DirectAccess]
Tmpl.Title=Google Chrome
Tmpl.Class=Local
ProcessGroup=<ChromePrograms>,chrome.exe,dragon.exe,iron.exe,opera.exe,maxthon.exe,vivaldi.exe
OpenPipePath=<ChromePrograms>,\Device\QWAVEdrv
How to use?
Copy the template in your sandbox configuration.
Add the setting bellow under your preferred sandbox name.

Template=Local_Chrome_QWAVEdrv_DirectAccess

Craig@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support

Post by Craig@Invincea » Thu May 05, 2016 9:04 am

There is a template for that already under Misc because GoogleHangouts needed access.

It's under application templates (Google Hangouts) since 5.11.5.

OpenPipePath=\Device\QWAVEdrv

rpljhun

Post by rpljhun » Thu May 05, 2016 10:59 pm

Yes and I made a custom template to allow only Chromium Browsers. I'm just being cautious allowing any other apps in the sandbox to access one of the Windows Services which might be targeted for attack someday.

Craig@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support

Post by Craig@Invincea » Fri May 06, 2016 9:00 am

rpljhun wrote:Yes and I made a custom template to allow only Chromium Browsers. I'm just being cautious allowing any other apps in the sandbox to access one of the Windows Services which might be targeted for attack someday.
I would think there would be much easier and proven methods than that, but that's fine. I talked about it with the Devs yesterday and it didn't seem to be high on the list of potential threat vectors.

But I applaud the effort, nothing wrong with being 1000% safe. :)

bjm

Post by bjm » Sat May 07, 2016 9:43 pm

5.11.6 feels great..., (even) with my setup.
W8.1, Norton Security, ERP, AG, Firefox.
Sandboxie 5.26 - W10 Home - WebrootSA - Chrome

bo.elam
Sandboxie Guru
Sandboxie Guru

Post by bo.elam » Sun May 08, 2016 12:18 pm

bjm wrote:5.11.6 feels great..., (even) with my setup.
Same here, bjm. 8)

Bo

starina

Post by starina » Sun May 08, 2016 3:32 pm

Latest version 5.11.6 (paid).
Word 2013 click to run doesn't save files. Nothing happens when you try to save. "Save as" doesn't open a file selection dialog box.
Excel 2013 click to run saves normal.
Please help!
Thank you!

Craig@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support

Post by Craig@Invincea » Sun May 08, 2016 4:44 pm

Restart the click to run service ( services.msc in Windows)
Delete the contents of your sandbox.
Retry. I'm have no issues on Win 10, Win 7 365/2016 and 2013. Save as, or saving via OneDrive.

starina

Post by starina » Sun May 08, 2016 5:36 pm

Craig@Invincea wrote:Restart the click to run service ( services.msc in Windows)
Delete the contents of your sandbox.
Retry. I'm have no issues on Win 10, Win 7 365/2016 and 2013. Save as, or saving via OneDrive.
Unfortunately, it doesn't help :(
I also tried to reboot (many times) and reinstall (clean install) sandboxie.
Office Home and Business 2013 x64.
https://youtu.be/COnz9PB_EwU

Craig@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support

Post by Craig@Invincea » Mon May 09, 2016 1:00 am

Ya, I'm not sure what else to suggest. I can't recreate it. I don't have access to the Home/business edition, but I imagine there isn't much difference from 2013/Office365/Office 2016.