5.07 Beta Available (latest version 5.08 RC)

Listing issues addressed in beta version 5.07
hottroc
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:06 am

Re: 5.07 Beta Available (latest version 5.08 RC)

Post by hottroc » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:27 am

Craig@Invincea wrote:
hottroc wrote:I'm still getting the following in 5.08:

SBIE2204 Cannot start sandboxed service RpcSs (-1)
SBIE2204 Cannot start sandboxed service RpcSs (-1)

Hope you can solve this, its annoying.
Thanks.
This is a rare issue. That has been almost completely addressed in the current RC (and through out many beta's previous.).

What Windows version?
Windows 10 64-bit (version 1511). Definitely not completely addressed.

How are you starting the program that triggers this error? Forced or not?
Double-clicking the Sandboxed Web Browser icon from the desktop like I normally do.
Timing / race issue with programs loading...possibly.
Well this happens way after startup and sometimes is the only program I am starting so I doubt it. And never used to happen in pre-5 versions.
Did you try use version 5.07.7 previously?
I think I went from 5.07.4 which also had the error to 5.08 so no. 5.07.2 also had the problem but I think 5.05 was better if I recall.
Memory allocation (888, 999) error may be present in the error usually. (something we're looking into, but you didn't mention that error having 888,999.
Not seen it AFAIK.
Usually, restarting the program again (or making sure the program actually exited from SBIE) will resolve it.
Yes usually it works on the second or 3rd attempt.

Alger
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:01 pm

Re: 5.07 Beta Available (latest version 5.08 RC)

Post by Alger » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:51 pm

Windows 10 14267 x64
SandBoxie stop working
SBIE1113 Cannot find Nt system service, reason MASTER TABLE
SBIE1113 Cannot find Nt system service, reason AcceptConnectPort
SBIE1103 Sandboxie driver (SbieDrv) version 5.08 failed to start
SBIE9234 Service startup error level 9153 status=C0000001 error=-1073741823
SBIE1102 Sandboxie driver (SbieDrv) unloading

Craig@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support
Posts: 3523
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:00 pm
Location: DC Metro Area

Re: 5.07 Beta Available (latest version 5.08 RC)

Post by Craig@Invincea » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:57 pm

Alger wrote:Windows 10 14267 x64
SandBoxie stop working
SBIE1113 Cannot find Nt system service, reason MASTER TABLE
SBIE1113 Cannot find Nt system service, reason AcceptConnectPort
SBIE1103 Sandboxie driver (SbieDrv) version 5.08 failed to start
SBIE9234 Service startup error level 9153 status=C0000001 error=-1073741823
SBIE1102 Sandboxie driver (SbieDrv) unloading
Guess you didn't read the announcement? http://forums.sandboxie.com/phpBB3/view ... 11&t=22536

Alger
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:01 pm

Re: 5.07 Beta Available (latest version 5.08 RC)

Post by Alger » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:00 am

Craig@Invincea wrote:
Alger wrote:Windows 10 14267 x64
SandBoxie stop working
SBIE1113 Cannot find Nt system service, reason MASTER TABLE
SBIE1113 Cannot find Nt system service, reason AcceptConnectPort
SBIE1103 Sandboxie driver (SbieDrv) version 5.08 failed to start
SBIE9234 Service startup error level 9153 status=C0000001 error=-1073741823
SBIE1102 Sandboxie driver (SbieDrv) unloading
Guess you didn't read the announcement? http://forums.sandboxie.com/phpBB3/view ... 11&t=22536
That's right. Thanks for info

Craig@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support
Posts: 3523
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:00 pm
Location: DC Metro Area

Re: 5.07 Beta Available (latest version 5.08 RC)

Post by Craig@Invincea » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:27 am

A fix has been found. It should be released in a new beta very shortly.

Rookie
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:53 am

Re: 5.07 Beta Available (latest version 5.08 RC)

Post by Rookie » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:24 pm

I am having the same issues with utorrent in Sandboxie. It runs fine under Win10, but when launching under Win10 Sandboxie it keeps freezing/not responding.

Sometimes the link does download but there is no control of what is going on.

I have now d/l the Beta5.09.1 and the issue remains. Is this a know bug? Is it possible to roll back Sandboxie to the version that worked previously?

Thanks guys.

Craig@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support
Posts: 3523
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:00 pm
Location: DC Metro Area

Re: 5.07 Beta Available (latest version 5.08 RC)

Post by Craig@Invincea » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:34 pm

Rookie wrote:I am having the same issues with utorrent in Sandboxie. It runs fine under Win10, but when launching under Win10 Sandboxie it keeps freezing/not responding.

Sometimes the link does download but there is no control of what is going on.

I have now d/l the Beta5.09.1 and the issue remains. Is this a know bug? Is it possible to roll back Sandboxie to the version that worked previously?

Thanks guys.
We don't test uTorrent or any other torrent apps with SBIE, so it's unknown if it's a bug or uTorrent will simply not work in a sandbox.

How is uTorrent installed? On your host computer? Or directly in the sandbox?

Windows 10 and SBIE require version 5 or better, but rolling back, you risk SBIE not working at all because of Windows updates, Windows Security Changes, other apps, etc.

Are you running antivirus / antimalware as well? If so, what?

Craig@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support
Posts: 3523
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:00 pm
Location: DC Metro Area

Re: 5.07 Beta Available (latest version 5.08 RC)

Post by Craig@Invincea » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:43 pm

Ok, I got curious....

I just tested uTorrent v3.0 (build 25683, 32 bit)
on SBIE v5.09.1
Windows 10 FR 14267
Google Chrome (set as default browser in Win 10)
Visited KAT.CR and proceeded to download torrents without issue.
Norton AV (as branded by Xfinity/Comcast)

uTorrent is installed on my computer. uTorrent is then run "as sandboxed."
Chrome is run in the sandbox, went to torrent site KAT.CR and downloaded a torrent.
Torrent downloaded to my set download location in utorrent (in this case, another drive)
Clicked on the torrent, and uTorrent began to download it...all within the Sandbox.
Torrent completed without issue, all done within the sandbox. (torrent was large, so you may run into the file size message in SBIE..)

So, the questions are.
Antivirus or antimalware?
How is uTorrent installed? Inside a sb directly?
Your default Windows browser?

Rookie
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:53 am

Re: 5.07 Beta Available (latest version 5.08 RC)

Post by Rookie » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:14 am

Hi, many thanks for the prompt reply and information.

I have run utorrent from the host pc and from installed inside sandboxie - both with and without running as administrator and nothing makes any difference.

utorrent is 3.4.5 build 41821 and sandboxie is 5.09.1
My default browser is Firefox
Antivirus is Avast Free
Firewall is Windows Firewall
No anti malware running (I use Malwarebytes about every week)

Is there any issues with this set up?

Thanks again.

Craig@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support
Posts: 3523
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:00 pm
Location: DC Metro Area

Re: 5.07 Beta Available (latest version 5.08 RC)

Post by Craig@Invincea » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:38 am

Rookie wrote:Hi, many thanks for the prompt reply and information.

I have run utorrent from the host pc and from installed inside sandboxie - both with and without running as administrator and nothing makes any difference.

utorrent is 3.4.5 build 41821 and sandboxie is 5.09.1
My default browser is Firefox
Antivirus is Avast Free
Firewall is Windows Firewall
No anti malware running (I use Malwarebytes about every week)

Is there any issues with this set up?

Thanks again.
Nothing on the surface seems to be a conflict. Did Avast install any FF add-ons?

Rookie
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:53 am

Re: 5.07 Beta Available (latest version 5.08 RC)

Post by Rookie » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:47 am

Thanks.
There are two addons - Avast online security and Adblock Plus

Craig@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support
Posts: 3523
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:00 pm
Location: DC Metro Area

Re: 5.07 Beta Available (latest version 5.08 RC)

Post by Craig@Invincea » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:10 pm

And how is uTorrent installed? On your machine or directly into a SB?

Rookie
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:53 am

Re: 5.07 Beta Available (latest version 5.08 RC)

Post by Rookie » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:56 pm

It is installed on both now. On the machine, outside of sandboxie it works as nomal, when launched via run any program and navigating to my desktop launch shortcut I get the issues. Also launching from within sandboxie from direct link to sandboxed drive/folder it has the same issues. Driving me a little crazy.

Your input is greatly appreciated - sorry be a pain.

Rookie
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:53 am

Re: 5.07 Beta Available (latest version 5.08 RC)

Post by Rookie » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:52 pm

I have also tried disabling Adblock Plus and Avast Online security and it has made no diference.

Rookie
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:53 am

Re: 5.07 Beta Available (latest version 5.08 RC)

Post by Rookie » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:11 pm

Update - no idea what has happened but as I type it is working well....... Adblock and Avast online protection both on again so absolutely no idea, just hope it will work on reboot.

I will update again in the morning - thanks.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest