5.07 Beta Available (latest version 5.08 RC)

Listing issues addressed in beta version 5.07
Craig@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support
Posts: 3523
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:00 pm
Location: DC Metro Area

Re: 5.07 Beta Available (latest version 5.07.8)

Post by Craig@Invincea » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:28 am

eternalbeta wrote:For your information, forcing Outlook 2016 to run in the sandbox (v.5.07.6) under Win10 64bit, unfortunately resulted in the following errors:

SBIE2303 Could not hook WSANSPIoctl (888)
SBIE2318 DLL initialization failed for 'ws2_32.dll'
SBIE2303 Could not hook NetUseAdd (999)
SBIE2318 DLL initialization failed for 'wkscli.dll'
SBIE2303 Could not hook SxsInstallW (999)
SBIE2318 DLL initialization failed for 'sxs.dll'
SBIE2303 Could not hook IcmpCreateFile (999)
SBIE2318 DLL initialization failed for 'iphlpapi.dll'
SBIE2303 Could not hook NsiRpcRegisterChangeNotification (999)
SBIE2318 DLL initialization failed for 'winnsi.dll'
Office 2016 - Outlook 2016 is not supported in Sandboxie at this time http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?Know ... #Microsoft Office & Office 365
The 999/888 errors have been addressed in 5.07.8, You would need to remove Outlook 2016 (SBIE should have flagged it under compatibility..)

Craig@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support
Posts: 3523
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:00 pm
Location: DC Metro Area

Re: 5.07 Beta Available (latest version 5.07.8)

Post by Craig@Invincea » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:30 am

mart wrote:Updated to 5.07.8. Getting the errors shown below when starting Chrome in Windows 10 Pro. Running HitmanPro.Alert3 as well looks to be the reason for this. Stop Hitman running in Windows Services and the problem goes away. HitmanPro.Alert is showing in Sandboxie's Software Compatibility list.

SBIE2203 Failed to communicate with Sandboxie Service: *GUIPROXY_00000002 - chrome.exe [FF000000]
SBIE2203 Failed to communicate with Sandboxie Service: *GUIPROXY_00000002 - chrome.exe [FF000000]
SBIE2203 Failed to communicate with Sandboxie Service: *GUIPROXY_00000002 - chrome.exe [FF000000]
SBIE2203 Failed to communicate with Sandboxie Service: *GUIPROXY_00000002 - chrome.exe [FF000000]
SBIE2203 Failed to communicate with Sandboxie Service: *GUIPROXY_00000002 - chrome.exe [FF000000]
SBIE2203 Failed to communicate with Sandboxie Service: *GUIPROXY_00000002 - chrome.exe [FF000000]

Edit: A couple of words missing.
If that is the case, HitMan Pro must be the issue. Hitman Pro is not listed here http://forums.sandboxie.com/phpBB3/view ... 11&t=21539 however the "old" template in SBIE most likely does not apply any longer. It has not been updated.

Craig@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support
Posts: 3523
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:00 pm
Location: DC Metro Area

Re: 5.07 Beta Available (latest version 5.07.8)

Post by Craig@Invincea » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:38 am

Pelone wrote:
Craig@Invincea wrote:
Pelone wrote:Hi. Chrome 48 (32 bit, no extension installed) sandboxed with all 5.07.x versions sometime don't load correctly HTTPS pages (https icon striked out in red, connection not private) even on incognito mode. However, the https connections launched out of the sandbox works perfectly. Thus, i'v come back to the 5.06 version with which this problem does not exist.
Regards
Not seeing it. Delete the contents of your Sandbox. I am having no problems in Chrome 48 or Beta 49 using SBIE 507.8...Win 10 64 (FR builds)
My sandboxes have always active the setting for automatic removal of contents on close.
Doesn't hurt to manually do it to make certain in fact they have been cleared.

Craig@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support
Posts: 3523
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:00 pm
Location: DC Metro Area

Re: 5.07 Beta Available (latest version 5.07.8)

Post by Craig@Invincea » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:44 am

Craig@Invincea wrote:
mart wrote:Updated to 5.07.8. Getting the errors shown below when starting Chrome in Windows 10 Pro. Running HitmanPro.Alert3 as well looks to be the reason for this. Stop Hitman running in Windows Services and the problem goes away. HitmanPro.Alert is showing in Sandboxie's Software Compatibility list.

SBIE2203 Failed to communicate with Sandboxie Service: *GUIPROXY_00000002 - chrome.exe [FF000000]
SBIE2203 Failed to communicate with Sandboxie Service: *GUIPROXY_00000002 - chrome.exe [FF000000]
SBIE2203 Failed to communicate with Sandboxie Service: *GUIPROXY_00000002 - chrome.exe [FF000000]
SBIE2203 Failed to communicate with Sandboxie Service: *GUIPROXY_00000002 - chrome.exe [FF000000]
SBIE2203 Failed to communicate with Sandboxie Service: *GUIPROXY_00000002 - chrome.exe [FF000000]
SBIE2203 Failed to communicate with Sandboxie Service: *GUIPROXY_00000002 - chrome.exe [FF000000]

Edit: A couple of words missing.
If that is the case, HitMan Pro must be the issue. Hitman Pro is not listed here http://forums.sandboxie.com/phpBB3/view ... 11&t=21539 however the "old" template in SBIE most likely does not apply any longer. It has not been updated.
Just tested Hitman Pro Alert, v3.1.7 Build 357 on Google Chrome v48.0.2564.109m (64) running SBIE Beta 5.07.8 (Win 10x64) with no issues thus far.

mart
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:08 am
Location: England
Contact:

Re: 5.07 Beta Available (latest version 5.07.8)

Post by mart » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:29 pm

Craig@Invincea wrote:Just tested Hitman Pro Alert, v3.1.7 Build 357 on Google Chrome v48.0.2564.109m (64) running SBIE Beta 5.07.8 (Win 10x64) with no issues thus far.
Hard to know what can be different. This is a fairly new and clean installation of W.10, so should be OK. I can only say that I get the messages when starting Chrome 48.0.2564.109 and that they don't arise if HitmanPro.Alert 3.1.7 Build 357 is stopped from running.

I'll keep looking for a reason and thanks for the reply. :)

Craig@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support
Posts: 3523
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:00 pm
Location: DC Metro Area

Re: 5.07 Beta Available (latest version 5.07.8)

Post by Craig@Invincea » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:43 pm

mart wrote:
Craig@Invincea wrote:Just tested Hitman Pro Alert, v3.1.7 Build 357 on Google Chrome v48.0.2564.109m (64) running SBIE Beta 5.07.8 (Win 10x64) with no issues thus far.
Hard to know what can be different. This is a fairly new and clean installation of W.10, so should be OK. I can only say that I get the messages when starting Chrome 48.0.2564.109 and that they don't arise if HitmanPro.Alert 3.1.7 Build 357 is stopped from running.

I'll keep looking for a reason and thanks for the reply. :)
Did Hitman Pro install a Google extension? If so, try disabling that.

mart
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:08 am
Location: England
Contact:

Re: 5.07 Beta Available (latest version 5.07.8)

Post by mart » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:30 am

Craig@Invincea wrote:Did Hitman Pro install a Google extension? If so, try disabling that.
No, it didn't install an extension. I have tried the following:

Disabled the few extensions installed.
Created a 'New Person' profile.
Thoroughly uninstalled Chrome and then reinstalled it.
Disabled all protections in Avira Pro (right click on System Tray icon)
Exited Nvidia GeForce Experience
Stopped 'AdGuard' (a program under trial) running in both Startup and Windows Services.

The only action that removes the error is stopping HitmanPro.Alert.

It must be something to do with me since nobody else has reported the problem, although I have checked for system errors (sfc /scannow and Dism) and none show.

coolheaded
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:55 am
Location: The Earth

Chrome and HMPA Conflict

Post by coolheaded » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:43 am

I am also getting a similar error like mart when using Chrome with HitmanPro.Alert 3.1.7 build 57 in Windows 10 x64.If i disable mitigations in HitmanPro.Alert for Chrome 64-bit Browser,it runs sandboxed without any issue.

Windows 10 x64 - Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.104)

Chrome x64 - v48.0.2564.109

Sandboxie - v5.07.8

HitmanPro.Alert - v3.1.7.357

Code: Select all

SBIE2203 Failed to communicate with Sandboxie Service:  *GUIPROXY_00000001 - chrome.exe [FF000000]
SBIE2203 Failed to communicate with Sandboxie Service:  *GUIPROXY_00000001 - chrome.exe [FF000000]
SBIE2203 Failed to communicate with Sandboxie Service:  *GUIPROXY_00000001 - chrome.exe [FF000000]
SBIE2203 Failed to communicate with Sandboxie Service:  *GUIPROXY_00000001 - chrome.exe [FF000000]
SBIE2203 Failed to communicate with Sandboxie Service:  *GUIPROXY_00000001 - chrome.exe [FF000000]
SBIE2203 Failed to communicate with Sandboxie Service:  *GUIPROXY_00000001 - chrome.exe [FF000000]
SBIE2203 Failed to communicate with Sandboxie Service:  *GUIPROXY_00000001 - chrome.exe [FF000000]
SBIE2203 Failed to communicate with Sandboxie Service:  *GUIPROXY_00000001 - chrome.exe [FF000000]
Nothing is impossible to a willing heart

mart
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:08 am
Location: England
Contact:

Re: 5.07 Beta Available (latest version 5.07.8)

Post by mart » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:52 am

I hadn't thought to only disable Chrome's protection in HitmanPro.Alert (easier/better way to go) but it looks to amount to the same thing. I'll stop looking for something strange on my computer now. Thanks. :)

RonR
Posts: 114
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:39 pm

Re: 5.07 Beta Available (latest version 5.07.8)

Post by RonR » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:17 pm

Windows 8.1 x64 / IE 11

This just started with the 5.07.8 update when opening IE:

SBIE2303 Could not hook WSANSPIoctl (888)
SBIE2318 DLL initialization failed for 'ws2_32.dll'
SBIE2303 Could not hook IcmpCreateFile (999)
SBIE2318 DLL initialization failed for 'iphlpapi.dll'
SBIE2303 Could not hook NsiRpcRegisterChangeNotification (999)
SBIE2318 DLL initialization failed for 'winnsi.dll'
SBIE2303 Could not hook NetUseAdd (999)
SBIE2318 DLL initialization failed for 'wkscli.dll'

bjm
Posts: 463
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:24 pm

Re: Chrome and HMPA Conflict

Post by bjm » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:11 pm

coolheaded wrote:I am also getting a similar error like mart when using Chrome with HitmanPro.Alert 3.1.7 build 57 in Windows 10 x64.If i disable mitigations in HitmanPro.Alert for Chrome 64-bit Browser,it runs sandboxed without any issue.

Windows 10 x64 - Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.104)

Chrome x64 - v48.0.2564.109

Sandboxie - v5.07.8

HitmanPro.Alert - v3.1.7.357

Code: Select all

SBIE2203 Failed to communicate with Sandboxie Service:  *GUIPROXY_00000001 - chrome.exe [FF000000]
SBIE2203 Failed to communicate with Sandboxie Service:  *GUIPROXY_00000001 - chrome.exe [FF000000]
SBIE2203 Failed to communicate with Sandboxie Service:  *GUIPROXY_00000001 - chrome.exe [FF000000]
SBIE2203 Failed to communicate with Sandboxie Service:  *GUIPROXY_00000001 - chrome.exe [FF000000]
SBIE2203 Failed to communicate with Sandboxie Service:  *GUIPROXY_00000001 - chrome.exe [FF000000]
SBIE2203 Failed to communicate with Sandboxie Service:  *GUIPROXY_00000001 - chrome.exe [FF000000]
SBIE2203 Failed to communicate with Sandboxie Service:  *GUIPROXY_00000001 - chrome.exe [FF000000]
SBIE2203 Failed to communicate with Sandboxie Service:  *GUIPROXY_00000001 - chrome.exe [FF000000]
Thanks for posting.....similar observe W8.1 x64. Disable mitigations in HitmanPro.Alert for Chrome 32-bit, runs sandbox'd without 2203.
Wonder, can HitmanPro.Alert compatibility be tweaked....
Sandboxie 5.26 - W10 Home 1709 - WebrootSA 9.0.20.31 - Chrome

1eyedjack
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:19 am

Re: 5.07 Beta Available (latest version 5.07.8)

Post by 1eyedjack » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:34 pm

Hello.
I am having a conflict problem with uTorrent client version 3.4.5 build 41712 (32 bit) (the latest version I think)
I am running Windows 8.1 pro, with Avast Premier antivirus, ExpressVPN, and PeerBlock 1.2.

Until just now I was running the beta version 5.07.5. I noticed that 5.07.8 was out and tried that but it has no effect on this problem.

uTorrent recently released the upgrade to build 41712 and I foolishly clicked on upgrade. I do not know what the previous build number was and do not know how (or even whether it is possible) to go back to a previous version. I do not know whether I should even be posting this here rather than in a forum dedicated to uTorrent. I would just say that the latest build of uTorrent works ok outside the sandbox, and that the previous build of uTorrent worked perfectly in the sandbox (version 5.07.5 beta)

Basically, I open my browser (IE 11) in a sandbox, and click on a magnet link to a torrent file. It hesitates a bit, then attempts to load uTorrent in the sandbox, but the GUI only half loads and it periodically says "not responding". If I leave it long enough I find that it has in fact downloaded the selected file, but with the GUI misbehaving I cannot monitor the file download process.

Just letting you know. Now off to find a uTorrent forum to say the same thing.

Thanks, guys, love Sandboxie.

Craig@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support
Posts: 3523
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:00 pm
Location: DC Metro Area

Re: 5.07 Beta Available (latest version 5.07.8)

Post by Craig@Invincea » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:54 pm

1eyedjack wrote:Hello.
I am having a conflict problem with uTorrent client version 3.4.5 build 41712 (32 bit) (the latest version I think)
I am running Windows 8.1 pro, with Avast Premier antivirus, ExpressVPN, and PeerBlock 1.2.

Until just now I was running the beta version 5.07.5. I noticed that 5.07.8 was out and tried that but it has no effect on this problem.

uTorrent recently released the upgrade to build 41712 and I foolishly clicked on upgrade. I do not know what the previous build number was and do not know how (or even whether it is possible) to go back to a previous version. I do not know whether I should even be posting this here rather than in a forum dedicated to uTorrent. I would just say that the latest build of uTorrent works ok outside the sandbox, and that the previous build of uTorrent worked perfectly in the sandbox (version 5.07.5 beta)

Basically, I open my browser (IE 11) in a sandbox, and click on a magnet link to a torrent file. It hesitates a bit, then attempts to load uTorrent in the sandbox, but the GUI only half loads and it periodically says "not responding". If I leave it long enough I find that it has in fact downloaded the selected file, but with the GUI misbehaving I cannot monitor the file download process.

Just letting you know. Now off to find a uTorrent forum to say the same thing.

Thanks, guys, love Sandboxie.
We haven't tested torrent clients with SBIE. So the Beta's would not directly related to any known issues.

What happens when you are not using Peer Block or VPN? Either one or both? And just uTorrent? (If you can...)

Any one of those 2 could be the issue...or uTorrent itself..

When you're in a SB, some resources are blocked by default, and well, others will be much slower depending on how the program responds to being in that sb environment.

Curt@invincea
Sandboxie Lead Developer
Sandboxie Lead Developer
Posts: 1645
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:21 pm
Contact:

Re: 5.07 Beta Available (latest version 5.08 RC)

Post by Curt@invincea » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:23 pm

5.08 RC has been released. No changes except for version #.

bo.elam
Sandboxie Guru
Sandboxie Guru
Posts: 2839
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:17 pm

Re: 5.07 Beta Available (latest version 5.08 RC)

Post by bo.elam » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:00 pm

FWIW, beta 5.07.8 feels solid in my XP and W7 32 bits. All programs that I run in an everyday basis run fine sandboxed. Making this beta the next stable looks good.

Bo

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest