5.05 Beta Available (latest version 5.06)

Listing issues addressed in beta version 5.05
Craig@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support
Posts: 3523
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:00 pm
Location: DC Metro Area

Re: 5.05 Beta Available (latest version 5.05.3)

Post by Craig@Invincea » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:02 am

@BatManCatMan
The Devs saw your post, and I can also confirm that we are not seeing freezing in Chrome. Are we seeing random crashes in Chrome in Win 10? Yes. In torture testing it's happening. But not all the time. As for the freezing, that can be several things. From A/V Installed (tool bar or add-ons) to a bum install of Chrome.

But freezing, No. And Chrome is my default browser in testing. I'm in it all the time...and with that, I have not seen the crashing that's been confirmed, but the tests and Devs are aware and it's being looked at, but I certainly have not seen freezing. Nor have we had any reports of that sort of issue.

If you want to provide me of software you have installed, you can do this:
Open Power Shell (as admin) and type:

Get-WmiObject -Class Win32_Product | Select-Object -Property Name > C:\Software\PCapps.txt

The PCapps.txt will be created listing your software, Please email that to support@sandboxie.com

TriStarGod
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:43 am

Re: 5.05 Beta Available (latest version 5.05.3)

Post by TriStarGod » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:54 am

Due to the printer issues and the custom fix I have to apply, is there a script that I can make that I share with my family members that will automatically update the Global Settings with the appropriate printer settings?

Craig@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support
Posts: 3523
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:00 pm
Location: DC Metro Area

Re: 5.05 Beta Available (latest version 5.05.3)

Post by Craig@Invincea » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:59 am

TriStarGod wrote:Due to the printer issues and the custom fix I have to apply, is there a script that I can make that I share with my family members that will automatically update the Global Settings with the appropriate printer settings?
What are the printer issues??

TriStarGod
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:43 am

Re: 5.05 Beta Available (latest version 5.05.3)

Post by TriStarGod » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:47 pm

Craig@Invincea wrote:
TriStarGod wrote:Due to the printer issues and the custom fix I have to apply, is there a script that I can make that I share with my family members that will automatically update the Global Settings with the appropriate printer settings?
What are the printer issues??
Network printer issues. I have a couple different printers that are shared among my family members and when printing via Sandboxie, the printer spooler issue pops up. I can get rid them only by setting the openfilepath but I'm thinking I'm going to eventually setup the AllowSpoolerPrintToFile=y setting once I find it.

And for those that mention that I would open up a security hole, I don't believe there is a way to execute whatever is saved via the spooler and inconvenience of the block (without a remember option) is incredibly large.

Curt@invincea
Sandboxie Lead Developer
Sandboxie Lead Developer
Posts: 1658
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:21 pm
Contact:

Re: 5.05 Beta Available (latest version 5.05.3)

Post by Curt@invincea » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:57 pm

TriStarGod wrote:
Craig@Invincea wrote:
TriStarGod wrote:Due to the printer issues and the custom fix I have to apply, is there a script that I can make that I share with my family members that will automatically update the Global Settings with the appropriate printer settings?
What are the printer issues??
Network printer issues. I have a couple different printers that are shared among my family members and when printing via Sandboxie, the printer spooler issue pops up. I can get rid them only by setting the openfilepath but I'm thinking I'm going to eventually setup the AllowSpoolerPrintToFile=y setting once I find it.

And for those that mention that I would open up a security hole, I don't believe there is a way to execute whatever is saved via the spooler and inconvenience of the block (without a remember option) is incredibly large.
If you use AllowSpoolerPrintToFile, malware can write a binary to your startup folder that will be run the next time you restart. A rather sizable hole.

Just copy whatever OpenFilePath setting you are using to everyone's sandboxie.ini.

TriStarGod
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:43 am

Re: 5.05 Beta Available (latest version 5.05.3)

Post by TriStarGod » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:36 pm

Curt@invincea wrote: If you use AllowSpoolerPrintToFile, malware can write a binary to your startup folder that will be run the next time you restart. A rather sizable hole.

Just copy whatever OpenFilePath setting you are using to everyone's sandboxie.ini.
Wow. I didn't realize malware could direct where it will be saved via spooler. So, is there a script that can append these settings? If I not, would writing a script that updates Windows\Sandboxie.ini (with admin permissions) achieve the same result as editing Sandboxie.ini via the Sandboxie Control?

Curt@invincea
Sandboxie Lead Developer
Sandboxie Lead Developer
Posts: 1658
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:21 pm
Contact:

Re: 5.05 Beta Available (latest version 5.05.3)

Post by Curt@invincea » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:43 pm

TriStarGod wrote:
Curt@invincea wrote: If you use AllowSpoolerPrintToFile, malware can write a binary to your startup folder that will be run the next time you restart. A rather sizable hole.

Just copy whatever OpenFilePath setting you are using to everyone's sandboxie.ini.
Wow. I didn't realize malware could direct where it will be saved via spooler. So, is there a script that can append these settings? If I not, would writing a script that updates Windows\Sandboxie.ini (with admin permissions) achieve the same result as editing Sandboxie.ini via the Sandboxie Control?
Yes.

Curt@invincea
Sandboxie Lead Developer
Sandboxie Lead Developer
Posts: 1658
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:21 pm
Contact:

Re: 5.05 Beta Available (latest version 5.06 RC)

Post by Curt@invincea » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:11 pm

5.06 Release Candidate is available.

Curt@invincea
Sandboxie Lead Developer
Sandboxie Lead Developer
Posts: 1658
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:21 pm
Contact:

Re: 5.05 Beta Available (latest version 5.06)

Post by Curt@invincea » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:41 pm

Curt@invincea wrote:Sandboxie 5.06 is now available.

The complete change log is located here: http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?Vers ... ges#v_5.06

ssj100
Posts: 945
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:21 am
Contact:

Re: 5.05 Beta Available (latest version 5.06)

Post by ssj100 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:28 pm

Thanks for the stable release. By the way, when did the installer get to 4Mb size? The combined installer is 8Mb. Version 4 it was only 1Mb?
Sandboxie + SUA + DEP
Windows Firewall + NAT Router
Drive SnapShot (on-demand)

Curt@invincea
Sandboxie Lead Developer
Sandboxie Lead Developer
Posts: 1658
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:21 pm
Contact:

Re: 5.05 Beta Available (latest version 5.06)

Post by Curt@invincea » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:40 pm

ssj100 wrote:Thanks for the stable release. By the way, when did the installer get to 4Mb size? The combined installer is 8Mb. Version 4 it was only 1Mb?
The installers are larger because they now include the MSVC libraries we require.

Show_me_your_tithes
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:39 am

Re: 5.05 Beta Available (latest version 5.06)

Post by Show_me_your_tithes » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:59 pm

Just started Firefox 41.0.2 sandboxed, nothing else running in it at all. Within about 2 minutes I got
"SBIE2224 Sandboxed program has crashed: plugin-container.exe"

Windows 10, all latest updates

Craig@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support
Posts: 3523
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:00 pm
Location: DC Metro Area

Re: 5.05 Beta Available (latest version 5.06)

Post by Craig@Invincea » Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:47 am

Uncheck protected mode in Flash. If that's the plug in that's causing the issue. If that is already un-ticked, you may need to see what plug in that is causing the issue.

However, the Flash plug in issue was fixed in Beta 5.05.2. So I don't think that would be the issue, but confirm, then try one plug in at a time.

As for plug ins, we tested and addressed that issue with Flash that was broken in the Patch Tuesday event. Could there be other plug in affected. Possibly. Normally, we just test the vanilla core browser. But the flash plug in was tested (as of flash beta 19) with 5.05.2 since the 15th.

Alger
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:01 pm

Re: 5.05 Beta Available (latest version 5.06)

Post by Alger » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:11 pm

SB 5.06 Windows 10 x64 10565
Crash on Delphi XE4 when I am opening project:
Access violation at address 5EC9E6D3 in module 'SbieDll.dll'. Read of address E2546A54.
SbieDll.dll' base address: 5ec70000
Details:
[5EC9E6D3]{SbieDll.dll } Unknown function at _SbieDll_RegisterDllCallback@4 + $793
[0041F160]{bds.exe } AppMain.TArray.BinarySearch<IDEDesktopComboBox.TDesktopComboBox> (Line 551, "System.Generics.Collections.pas" + 1) + $1A
[0041C170]{bds.exe } AppMain.TGalleryItemAction.Execute (Line 7086, "AppMain.pas" + 15) + $7
...

Brummelchen
Posts: 389
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:13 pm

Re: 5.05 Beta Available (latest version 5.06)

Post by Brummelchen » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:21 pm

For firefox go to the addon manager > plugins and disable "protected mode" for flash in [settings].

commonly the plugin-container crashes when web access is missing or some other security software is blocking it.
i never had this issue but i dont use some antivirus or other behavior blocker. in firewall it is allowed and MBAE dont cause any issue.

the plugin-container is also started by any other plugin so if its not flash you have to do research
get process explorer and determine the process which plugin is loaded
https://technet.microsoft.com/de-de/sys ... 96653.aspx

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest