4.17 Beta Available (Latest Version 4.17.8)

Listing issues addressed in beta version 4.17
APMichael
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:54 am
Location: Germany

Re: 4.17 Beta Available (Latest Version 4.17.8)

Post by APMichael » Fri May 22, 2015 10:45 am

Curt@invincea wrote:Beta 4.17.8 has been released to fix the BSOD.
I can confirm that the BSOD does not occur anymore. Thanks! Printing works flawless too.

Mr.X
Posts: 583
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:34 am
Location: Mexico

Re: 4.17 Beta Available (Latest Version 4.17.8)

Post by Mr.X » Fri May 22, 2015 10:56 am

Good job Curt, another really good one of yours, thanks.
When do we have a final release?
Windows 8.1 x64/x86 EN | Sandboxie latest beta or stable | All software latest versions unless stated otherwise

bo.elam
Sandboxie Guru
Sandboxie Guru
Posts: 2824
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:17 pm

Re: 4.17 Beta Available (Latest Version 4.17.8)

Post by bo.elam » Fri May 22, 2015 12:08 pm

Mr.X wrote:Good job Curt, another really good one of yours, thanks.
Agreed. This version 8) is working just fine for me in W7 and XP, both 32 bits.

Bo

Oblivion
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:20 pm

Re: 4.17 Beta Available (Latest Version 4.17.8)

Post by Oblivion » Fri May 22, 2015 2:47 pm

I've decided to revert to the stable release (4.16) and the copy/paste issue does not appear. This beta seems to be interfering with copying/pasting files from one sandbox folder to another.

Copy/Paste issue for reference:
Oblivion wrote:I've started testing beta (4.17.7) today and I cannot seem to copy files in one sandbox folder to another sandbox folder. Also, I cannot copy files from outside the sandbox to inside the sandbox folder. However, I can copy files from a sandbox folder to outside the sandbox. Can anyone reproduce this issue?

bo.elam
Sandboxie Guru
Sandboxie Guru
Posts: 2824
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:17 pm

Re: 4.17 Beta Available (Latest Version 4.17.7)

Post by bo.elam » Fri May 22, 2015 3:13 pm

Oblivion wrote:I've started testing beta (4.17.7) today and I cannot seem to copy files in one sandbox folder to another sandbox folder. Also, I cannot copy files from outside the sandbox to inside the sandbox folder. However, I can copy files from a sandbox folder to outside the sandbox. Can anyone reproduce this issue?
Oblivion, I am able to do all you wrote above. I tested using my W7 32 bits laptop and Sandboxie 4.17.8.

Bo

Curt@invincea
Sandboxie Lead Developer
Sandboxie Lead Developer
Posts: 1640
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:21 pm
Contact:

Re: 4.17 Beta Available (Latest Version 4.17.8)

Post by Curt@invincea » Fri May 22, 2015 4:24 pm

Mr.X wrote:Good job Curt, another really good one of yours, thanks.
When do we have a final release?
Thanks for the positive feedback, guys.

We're starting the big Memorial Day weekend holiday today, so 4.18 should come out on next Tues. unless some surprises come up in the meantime.

Curt@invincea
Sandboxie Lead Developer
Sandboxie Lead Developer
Posts: 1640
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:21 pm
Contact:

Re: 4.17 Beta Available (Latest Version 4.17.8)

Post by Curt@invincea » Fri May 22, 2015 4:27 pm

Oblivion wrote:I've decided to revert to the stable release (4.16) and the copy/paste issue does not appear. This beta seems to be interfering with copying/pasting files from one sandbox folder to another.

Copy/Paste issue for reference:
Oblivion wrote:I've started testing beta (4.17.7) today and I cannot seem to copy files in one sandbox folder to another sandbox folder. Also, I cannot copy files from outside the sandbox to inside the sandbox folder. However, I can copy files from a sandbox folder to outside the sandbox. Can anyone reproduce this issue?
I can't think of anything in 4.17 that would cause this behavior. There was a small change made in the clipboard code. How are you trying to copy these files? Can you try copying by another method (e.g. cmd prompt)?

bjm
Posts: 460
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:24 pm

Re: 4.17 Beta Available (Latest Version 4.17.8)

Post by bjm » Fri May 22, 2015 6:22 pm

Curt@invincea wrote:
Mr.X wrote:Good job Curt, another really good one of yours, thanks.
When do we have a final release?
Thanks for the positive feedback, guys.

We're starting the big Memorial Day weekend holiday today, so 4.18 should come out on next Tues. unless some surprises come up in the meantime.
besides not being able to Terminate coNatHst
Sandboxie 5.25.4 - W10 Home 1709 - WebrootSA 9.0.20.31 - Chrome

bo.elam
Sandboxie Guru
Sandboxie Guru
Posts: 2824
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:17 pm

Re: 4.17 Beta Available (Latest Version 4.17.8)

Post by bo.elam » Fri May 22, 2015 6:48 pm

bjm wrote:besides not being able to Terminate coNatHst
bjm, please read opening post in this thread from Norton forum. It seems coNatHst has a problem terminating even without Sandboxie being involved in the mix. I think, once again, the solution to your SBIE and Chrome issues is to disable Identity Safe.
http://fr.community.norton.com/en/forums/conathstexe

Bo

bjm
Posts: 460
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:24 pm

Re: 4.17 Beta Available (Latest Version 4.17.8)

Post by bjm » Fri May 22, 2015 9:16 pm

bo.elam wrote:
bjm wrote:besides not being able to Terminate coNatHst
bjm, please read opening post in this thread from Norton forum. It seems coNatHst has a problem terminating even without Sandboxie being involved in the mix. I think, once again, the solution to your SBIE and Chrome issues is to disable Identity Safe.
http://fr.community.norton.com/en/forums/conathstexe

Bo
One user. Really, your proof is standing on one unresolved abandoned locked Topic from last year ... Really.

I'm not having any issue with conathstexe. Running non-sandbox Chrome now. No worries.
No lingering Chrome processes.
http causes browser alert. Use https. Norton Community is https
https://community.norton.com/en/search/site/conathstexe

I've had to login upon each submit. Logout drops to Login....
Sandboxie 5.25.4 - W10 Home 1709 - WebrootSA 9.0.20.31 - Chrome

Oblivion
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:20 pm

Re: 4.17 Beta Available (Latest Version 4.17.8)

Post by Oblivion » Fri May 22, 2015 9:39 pm

Curt@invincea wrote:
Oblivion wrote:I've decided to revert to the stable release (4.16) and the copy/paste issue does not appear. This beta seems to be interfering with copying/pasting files from one sandbox folder to another.

Copy/Paste issue for reference:
Oblivion wrote:I've started testing beta (4.17.7) today and I cannot seem to copy files in one sandbox folder to another sandbox folder. Also, I cannot copy files from outside the sandbox to inside the sandbox folder. However, I can copy files from a sandbox folder to outside the sandbox. Can anyone reproduce this issue?
I can't think of anything in 4.17 that would cause this behavior. There was a small change made in the clipboard code. How are you trying to copy these files? Can you try copying by another method (e.g. cmd prompt)?
Hi Curt,

I'm using the windows right click context menu "copy" and "paste."

[Beta 4.17.8]

Steps to reproduce issue (Windows 7 SP1 x86) when copying files from outside the sandbox and pasting into a sandbox folder:
  • 1. (Non-sandbox Desktop) Right click-->New-->Text Document (name it "Sandbox.txt")
    2. Open the "Sandbox.txt" file and type in "Testing" and save the file
    3. Click on Sandboxie Control and click on "Sandbox DefaultBox"
    4. Right click-->Run Sandboxed-->Run Windows Explorer (Sandbox Windows Explorer)
    5. (Sandbox Windows Explorer) - go to any sandbox folder (ex. Sandbox "My Documents" - C:\Users\User\Documents)
    6. (Non-sandbox Desktop) Right click on "Sandbox.txt" and pick "copy".
    7. Right click on a blank area within the (Sandbox "My Documents" folder) and pick "paste"
    8. Observe that the "Sandbox.txt" file does not appear in the (Sandbox "My Documents" folder)
Steps to reproduce issue (Windows 7 SP1 x86) when copying files from one sandbox folder and pasting to another sandbox folder:
  • 1. Click on Sandboxie Control and click on "Sandbox DefaultBox"
    2. Right click-->Run Sandboxed-->Run Windows Explorer (Sandbox Windows Explorer)
    3. (Sandbox Windows Explorer) - go to any sandbox folder (ex. Sandbox "My Documents" - C:\Users\User\Documents)
    4. Right click on a blank area within the (Sandbox "My Documents" folder) and pick "New"-->Text Document (name it "Digital.txt")
    5. Open "Digital.txt" and type in "Testing" and save the file
    6. Right click on "Digital.txt" and choose "copy"
    7. (Sandbox "My Documents" folder) - go to another sandbox folder such as (ex. Sandbox "Downloads" - C:\Users\User\Downloads)
    8. Right click on a blank area within the (Sandbox "Downloads" folder) and pick "paste"
    9. Observe that the "Digital.txt" file does not appear in the (Sandbox "Downloads" folder)
No issue when copying a file from a sandbox folder to outside the sandbox:
  • 1. Create "Virtual.txt" file in (Sandbox "Downloads" folder)
    2. Open "Virtual.txt" file and type in "Testing" and save it
    3. Right click on "Virtual.txt" and choose "copy"
    4. Go to (non-sandbox Desktop) and right click-->"paste" ("Virtual.txt" file appears in non-sandbox Desktop)
As for another copying method, I added this registry key a couple of years ago (http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows/ ... lick-menu/) outside the sandbox. This key adds "copy to folder" to the right click context menu. "Copy to folder" does work when copying files from one sandbox folder to another sandbox folder.

Command Prompt also works if I use the copy command (Run Sandboxed-->Run Any Program-->Type in cmd-->Type in command: copy C:\Users\User\Downloads\Virtual.txt C:\Users\User\Documents)
Last edited by Oblivion on Fri May 22, 2015 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bjm
Posts: 460
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:24 pm

Re: 4.17 Beta Available (Latest Version 4.17.8)

Post by bjm » Fri May 22, 2015 9:41 pm

Is there a copy paste glitch with 4.17.6

I'm not able to copy paste active links. Active link goes to plain text upon paste.

Does native clipboard have to be sandboxed...
Sandboxie 5.25.4 - W10 Home 1709 - WebrootSA 9.0.20.31 - Chrome

bjm
Posts: 460
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:24 pm

Re: 4.17 Beta Available (Latest Version 4.17.8)

Post by bjm » Fri May 22, 2015 9:54 pm

This is with Norton Identity Safe disabled as per Bo

SBIE2203 Failed to communicate with Sandboxie Service: *GUIPROXY_00000001 - chrome.exe [FF000000]
SBIE2203 Failed to communicate with Sandboxie Service: *GUIPROXY_00000001 - chrome.exe [FF000000]
SBIE2203 Failed to communicate with Sandboxie Service: *GUIPROXY_00000001 - chrome.exe [FF000000]
SBIE2203 Failed to communicate with Sandboxie Service: *GUIPROXY_00000001 - chrome.exe [FF000000]
SBIE2203 Failed to communicate with Sandboxie Service: *GUIPROXY_00000001 - chrome.exe [FF000000]
SBIE2203 Failed to communicate with Sandboxie Service: *GUIPROXY_00000001 - chrome.exe [FF000000]
SBIE2203 Failed to communicate with Sandboxie Service: *GUIPROXY_00000001 - chrome.exe [FF000000]
SBIE2203 Failed to communicate with Sandboxie Service: *GUIPROXY_00000001 - chrome.exe [FF000000]
SBIE2203 Failed to communicate with Sandboxie Service: *GUIPROXY_00000001 - chrome.exe [FF000000]
SBIE2203 Failed to communicate with Sandboxie Service: *GUIPROXY_00000001 - chrome.exe [FF000000]
SBIE2335 Initialization failed for process coNatHst.exe [33 / 0]
SBIE2335 Initialization failed for process coNatHst.exe [33 / 0]
SBIE2335 Initialization failed for process coNatHst.exe [33 / 0]
SBIE2335 Initialization failed for process coNatHst.exe [33 / 0]
SBIE2335 Initialization failed for process coNatHst.exe [33 / 0]
SBIE2335 Initialization failed for process coNatHst.exe [33 / 0]
SBIE2335 Initialization failed for process coNatHst.exe [33 / 0]
SBIE2335 Initialization failed for process coNatHst.exe [33 / 0]
--------------------------------------------------------

SbieCtrl_HideMessage=2335,coNatHst.exe [33 / 0]
SbieCtrl_HideMessage=2203,*GUIPROXY_00000001 - chrome.exe [FF000000]

--------------------------------------
Also,

Confirmed with Firefox and Chrome at Norton Community. Copy Paste active links go dormant with Firefox n' Chrome sandboxed.
Any work around for this...
Sandboxie 5.25.4 - W10 Home 1709 - WebrootSA 9.0.20.31 - Chrome

bjm
Posts: 460
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:24 pm

Re: 4.17 Beta Available (Latest Version 4.17.8)

Post by bjm » Sat May 23, 2015 8:08 am

@ Sandboxie et al

OK... I've Disabled Norton Toolbar. SBIE was not allowing full function anyway....so, we'll see how I progress. Kinda' feel naked wo Toolbar.
Sandboxie 5.25.4 - W10 Home 1709 - WebrootSA 9.0.20.31 - Chrome

TheKid7
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:03 pm

Re: 4.17 Beta Available (Latest Version 4.17.8)

Post by TheKid7 » Sat May 23, 2015 12:52 pm

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit - Sandboxie 4.17.6 Beta

I am having trouble with copy/paste hyperlinks in Gmail using both Firefox (latest official release) and Internet Explorer. The result of the hyperlink paste is plain text. I have no problem copy/paste hyperlinks in Yahoo Mail.

I rolled back to Sandboxie 4.17.3 Beta and the problem no longer exists. I rolled back to 4.17.3 because I had not previously downloaded 4.17.4 or 4.17.5.

Thanks in Advance.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest