retaining sandboxed items

If it doesn't fit elsewhere, it goes here
maude

retaining sandboxed items

Post by maude » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:32 pm

I've been having problems with windows 7 automatic updates causing problems after changes. Is it possible for sandboxie to be used to reverse any update changes upon restart if I am working on line and update forces the update. The best info from tech support is that there is no way to prevent it completely, because important updates somehow override the settings. It's my understanding that there is some way that desired changes can be allowed in Sandboxie, but can those be restricted to only that change by somehow retaining a desired change that so that the update changes are still eliminated if you find something on-line? If you wanted to discard everything normally in Sandbox you would just proceed. Otherwise you could manually record the address and return to it un-sandboxed. This actually might solve my problem. Thanks in advance.

Barb@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support

Re: retaining sandboxed items

Post by Barb@Invincea » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:36 am

Hi maude,

Anything requiring a service or a driver cannot be installed inside Sandboxie. Moreover, Sandboxie depends on the OS to run, so Windows updates cannot be installed inside of it.

You may want to look for a VM solution, or search online to disable Windows Updates at your own discretion.

Regards,
Barb.-