Looks like you'll need to start innovating.

If it doesn't fit elsewhere, it goes here

lwc

Re: Looks like you'll need to start innovating.

Post by lwc » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:15 pm

Nice! Some initial thoughts from this link:
  1. It only supports 1 sandbox, which can't be saved.
  2. There are quite a few system requirements, as opposed to "Sandboxie works on Windows 7+...there are no particular hardware requirements...Sandboxie needs only a small amount of memory".
  3. It's not clear if it has any settings/customization.
With that said, it's definitely a healthy competition (especially since it's built in) which is something Sandboxie badly needs in its decade old "compatibility maintenance only" mode.

lihas

Post by lihas » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:34 am

I think it will spell demise for sandboxie, as they both seem to doing the same thing.
Sandboxie has been my software of choice for many years (Win7/Xp days?).
Windows sandbox seems to be making use of VT-X (hardware supported virtualization) for a non virtualization related workload.
It will be interesting to compare the internals of sandboxie, and windows sandbox.

cocoon

Post by cocoon » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:04 pm

Based on what I read so far about the Microsoft Sandbox, I prefer Sandboxie. lwc's comments are quite relevant.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Windows 10 Pro 1803 Build 17134.137, Sandboxie 5.25.6 beta, Bitdefender Total Security 2018, VoodooShield 4.50, Firefox 61.0.1 (as at July 7 2018)

Falkner

Post by Falkner » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:51 am

I think the market is big enough for both to exist, no? One doesn't have to be the death of the other. Not that it couldn't happen, but it doesn't have to.