Page 1 of 1
Inbuilt Reghive Viewer
Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:56 am
Just felt that since sandboxie stores the registry data in a Reghive file in the Sandbox folder, it'd be great if there was an inbuilt viewer for this reghive file.
Meanwhile, does anyone know of a standalone viewer for this file. I mean, is there any tool to view the contents without importing it into the real registry.
Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 11:26 am
Posted: Sat May 09, 2009 12:50 am
Thanks Brummelchen. That was very helpful.
sandboxie registry viewer.
Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:06 pm
i request sandboxie registry viewer.
Re: Inbuilt Reghive Viewer
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:53 pm
This is how you can view reghive files:
1) Copy a reghive folder from the Sandboxie content folder to a safe location, e.g. your desktop folder or documents folder
2) Open/run regedit.exe
3) Open HKEY_CURRENT_USER
4) Create a new key under HKEY_CURRENT_USER, choose a suitable name for the new key (e.g. "import")
5) Select the key
6) From the file menu, select "Import..."
7) Browse to the folder where you copied the reghive file to.
Make sure you are viewing reghive files (*.*), not just registry files (*.reg) by selecting the right option from the dropdown box in the lower right corner of the "Import Registry File" dialog box.
9) Select and open the reghive file
10) When asked to confirm the import, make sure you are importing to the right location. I.e., into the new key you created in step 4. If you are importing into the wrong location, this could seriously mess up your registry.
11) Open the key you created and imported the reghive into. You should see all the contents from the reghive under this key.