Make Sandboxie accessible through screen readers

Ideas for enhancements to the software
GeneWarner

Make Sandboxie accessible through screen readers

Post by GeneWarner » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:29 pm

This is actually disappointing because I brought this up two years ago and was contacted outside the forum by a developer is if there was real interest in doing this, but as I see now with the latest beta, nothing has changed.

I have been a registered Sandboxie user since 2003 or 2004. I am blind so I use Freedom Scientific's JAWS screen reader to use my computer.

As you know, many of the notices Sandboxie displays have an option to not display the notice again as a checkbox. These check boxes are not readily accessible through a screen reader because they are apparently not in the tab order list. Usingt tab is the most common way to navigate around a dialog when using a screen reader like JAWS.

They can be accessed by switching to object browsing (touch cursor in JAWS) but apparently because of the way it is implemented, when the box is checked a new, identical, unchecked check box becomes visible to the screen reader. if that check box is checked, yet another identical, unchecked, check box appears. This goes on forever. IF you ignore the new check box and click OK, the last unchecked check box is the one the program sees so the option is not set.

This behavior has to be because of the way Sandboxie is written because Sandboxie is the only program that behaves like this.

Until this is fixed, and Sandboxie made 100% accessible, is there a list of all such notices that Sandboxie displays along with the ini file setting to turn them off?

Barb@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support

Re: Make Sandboxie accessible through screen readers

Post by Barb@Invincea » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:55 am

Hi GeneWarner ,

Can you please provide the following information so that the devs can take a look?:

Windows version number? (i.e. Windows 7 32bit, 8.1 x64, etc)
Sandboxie version number (SBIE v5.23.3? 5.22?)
Does the issue occur in a new Sandbox with Default settings? (https://www.sandboxie.com/SandboxMenu#create)
NAME & Version/build numbers of any applications involved? (Chrome v43, FF45 etc)
Are you running antivirus/anti-malware software? (AVG, Live Essentials..etc)
What are the exact steps to reproduce the issue? (Launch app X, perform X actions, etc)

Regards,
Barb.-