Sandboxie icon

Ideas for enhancements to the software
Blues
Posts: 215
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 7:37 pm
Location: Blue Ridge Mtns

Post by Blues » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:04 pm

bo.elam wrote:I like the icon, I think it looks good and it works great telling us whats going on in the sandbox.

I am posting my opinion to make sure Tzuk knows that some of us like the way the icon works and looks. There is nothing wrong with it, it serves well its purpose and I hope it stays the way it is forever.

Bo
I agree.
Blues

Peter2150
Posts: 879
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:46 pm
Location: Washington DC

Post by Peter2150 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:25 pm

bo.elam wrote:I like the icon, I think it looks good and it works great telling us whats going on in the sandbox.

I am posting my opinion to make sure Tzuk knows that some of us like the way the icon works and looks. There is nothing wrong with it, it serves well its purpose and I hope it stays the way it is forever.

Bo
Totally concur Bo.

Pete

Domochevsky
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:04 pm

Post by Domochevsky » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:22 am

...what a delightful display of "please don't change anything oh god!" here. Wow. o_O

The guy made a suggestion. You jumped him in frenzy.

What is this?

Peter2150
Posts: 879
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:46 pm
Location: Washington DC

Post by Peter2150 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:43 am

Domochevsky wrote:...what a delightful display of "please don't change anything oh god!" here. Wow. o_O

The guy made a suggestion. You jumped him in frenzy.

What is this?
Because he was either lazy and didn't read the thread, or he just wanted to post for posting sake.

This thread started in 2007 and tzuk made 3 comments early on. Bottom line then was it wasn't going to change. So to keep posting suggestions about it is just annoying. Hence he got jumped.

btm
Posts: 160
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:31 am

Post by btm » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:00 am

Peter2150 wrote:
Domochevsky wrote:...what a delightful display of "please don't change anything oh god!" here. Wow. o_O

The guy made a suggestion. You jumped him in frenzy.

What is this?
Because he was either lazy and didn't read the thread, or he just wanted to post for posting sake.

This thread started in 2007 and tzuk made 3 comments early on. Bottom line then was it wasn't going to change. So to keep posting suggestions about it is just annoying. Hence he got jumped.
Actually no I was not lazy or just posting for postings sake. Why would I waste my time creating mock up icons just to make 1 post?! The thread started in 2007, but it suited my 'desired change' hence I did not start a new thread. I see nothing that suggests Tzuk will never change the icon. His 3 posts were:
1)
In spite of the icon? Smile

Some may find it revolting (as implied here) or appetizing (as in other topic), but perhaps others, like me, simply find it pleasantly fitting.

2)
Hey, don't project your pizza hang up on me. Razz I never meant it as a pizza. It's a sandbox, duh! Smile

3)
Thanks, I appreciate that. But it has been suggested that such shortcuts should use the icon of the target program, with perhaps some overlay icon where possible. I think that makes sense, I think.

I'm well aware that Tzuk has the final say and may indeed decide to keep the icon the way it is no matter anyone comes up with but nothing I have read suggests that to be true. Thus this part of my previous post.
It's a great program and I figured Tzuk didn't want to spend hours trying to design a new one and would rather focus on the code so I thought we could try to come up with something that even he might like.
I wasn't just stating ideas like many of the earlier posts, I was actually creating examples and hoping for input such as that Bellzemos gave in regards to my first mock-up.

I was surprised by the vehemence displayed here and have moved on. It's a nice app and the dev seems nice enough, but I didn't come here to cause grief or to deal with any. Sorry for wasting everyone time but please understand that my intentions were exactly that which I had posted earlier.

Jarmo S
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:21 pm

Post by Jarmo S » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:54 am

That is ok. Hope you did not get too much upset about the comments.

You are not the first one to suggest icon change, but you must accept that it is classic. Been that for all the years I have used SBIE.
We stand up for Tzuk when someone comes and tells what he should do.
He is his own man :)

Peter2150
Posts: 879
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:46 pm
Location: Washington DC

Post by Peter2150 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:10 pm

btm

If you thought Tzuk might like a new one, but didn't have time, rather then coming up with something and putting out there and posting, why didn't you PM him and ask him. If he said send him some ideas great, but if he said no, then drop it.

That fact that he hasn't responded again, tells me he isn't interested, and you are still trying to push it.

btm
Posts: 160
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:31 am

Post by btm » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:18 pm

Peter2150 wrote:btm

If you thought Tzuk might like a new one, but didn't have time, rather then coming up with something and putting out there and posting, why didn't you PM him and ask him. If he said send him some ideas great, but if he said no, then drop it.

That fact that he hasn't responded again, tells me he isn't interested, and you are still trying to push it.
I don't know about you but I don't make it a habit to send forum admins, or in this case the dev, a PM about a subject which already fits inside a pre-existing sub-forum. It also wouldn't have made sense as I was hoping for creative input from some sandboxie lovers as I had (and still have) no great ideas for a replacement. My last reply was not an attempt to 'push' it. As I said then, I have moved on from the idea as there seems to be no interest here. It was simply a response to your implying that I was lazy and post boosting. Apparently it's fine to flame people in order to raise your post count but I'm now done feeding the troll.

herbc

Post by herbc » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:37 pm

Tzuk is a Godsend to me and many others so just lay off already , just be thankful for his continued efforts and devotion to keep his ground breaking program at the forefront of PC security , he deserves every bit of praise and then some for helping countless people over the years .

I hope karma treats him well because he has had a huge impact on so many people .

Don't let the idiots get to you either , there's always a bunch of those around.

bo.elam
Sandboxie Guru
Sandboxie Guru
Posts: 2858
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:17 pm

Post by bo.elam » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:49 pm

Nice to see you Herb, don't get lost.

Bo

btm
Posts: 160
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:31 am

Post by btm » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:58 pm

Looks like you'll all have to enjoy the new icon soon anyway, muahahah!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests