[.07] IExplorer & v4 issue opening New Tab/Window.

Listing issues addressed in beta version 4.01
Locked
bo.elam
Sandboxie Guru
Sandboxie Guru
Posts: 2824
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:17 pm

[.07] IExplorer & v4 issue opening New Tab/Window.

Post by bo.elam » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:58 pm

In both, IE8 (XP SP3 32Bits) and IE9 (W7 SP1 32Bits) I have a rough time opening links in new tabs or new windows. I don't know if it happened on previous betas as I don't use IE much but it should be easy for you to reproduce (I think).

The problem: When I click on a link to open in a new tab or new window, the link doesn't open, IE freezes for a few seconds and then it unfreezes but the new link or new page doesn't open. It doesn't happen every time I click on a link but it happens real quick if I am trying to produce the problem. :)

Bo

tzuk
Sandboxie Founder
Sandboxie Founder
Posts: 16076
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:57 pm

Post by tzuk » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:14 am

I think maybe I see a variation of this problem in my case (IE hangs on right-click). I'll check it out.

And just to clarify, the link you are clicking to open, that link is itself within the same IE browser program, correct?
In other words: The problem does not involve any programs other than IE.
tzuk

opera
Posts: 212
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 11:15 am
Location: uk

Post by opera » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:34 am

Opera is my default browser on XP. Am using Sbie 4.0.0.6

When I open it up using sbie desktop default browser icon, it goes to my default home page which is about:blank.

The first page I select to open from my favourites freezes for about 10 seconds before opening, other tabs open okay after that.

If I right click on IE desktop icon and select run sandboxed I do not get this behavior. (remember IE is not my default)

tzuk
Sandboxie Founder
Sandboxie Founder
Posts: 16076
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:57 pm

Post by tzuk » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:58 am

Latest Opera I guess? I'll check it out.
tzuk

opera
Posts: 212
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 11:15 am
Location: uk

Post by opera » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:24 am

Sorry for forgetting to post Opera version. It is 12.15.

Noticed when I fired up Opera to check version (sandboxed) I had the same delay in trying to access the Opera menu to get the help..about Opera.

bo.elam
Sandboxie Guru
Sandboxie Guru
Posts: 2824
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:17 pm

Post by bo.elam » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:14 pm

tzuk wrote:I think maybe I see a variation of this problem in my case (IE hangs on right-click). I'll check it out.

And just to clarify, the link you are clicking to open, that link is itself within the same IE browser program, correct?
In other words: The problem does not involve any programs other than IE.
Yes, the problem does not involve any other program but Internet Explorer. I can replicate the issue in this site or any site using IE. For example, in this site, clicking in Forum, Download, Search, etc, can bring the issue after a minute. For me, it is easier and can reproduce the problem faster by right clicking on links but it also happens when I left click on them.

The first time I noticed this problem was after posting on another site a link to the announcement of V4.01.06 being released. After I made that post, I left clicked on the link to the SBIE announcement to make sure it was working, that's when I noticed that the link did not open and IE became frozen for a few seconds.

Bo

bo.elam
Sandboxie Guru
Sandboxie Guru
Posts: 2824
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:17 pm

Post by bo.elam » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:03 pm

Tzuk, I just went about 15 minutes without any page freezing, only left clicking on links. But as soon as I clicked on the link in post #124, IE9 became frozen. Perhaps, the situation that I have described affects links when they are from sites other than the one where the link is located at. Afterward, IE9 also froze when I left clicked on a Youtube link posted in a non Youtube page. HTH.

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthre ... 474&page=5

Bo

Cruise
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:14 pm

Post by Cruise » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:55 pm

bo.elam wrote:In both, IE8 (XP SP3 32Bits) and IE9 (W7 SP1 32Bits) I have a rough time opening links in new tabs or new windows. I don't know if it happened on previous betas as I don't use IE much but it should be easy for you to reproduce (I think).

The problem: When I click on a link to open in a new tab or new window, the link doesn't open, IE freezes for a few seconds and then it unfreezes but the new link or new page doesn't open. It doesn't happen every time I click on a link but it happens real quick if I am trying to produce the problem. :)

Bo
Bo/Tzuk,

I can confirm that this seems to be a definite IE-related bug. I have been experiencing these issues on both of my W7-x64 PCs, one running IE9 and the other IE10.

tzuk
Sandboxie Founder
Sandboxie Founder
Posts: 16076
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:57 pm

Post by tzuk » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:04 am

I think I fixed the IE issue (fix will be available in next beta version).

However I'm unable to reproduce the delays with Opera.

Maybe due to some conflict with other software? Can you post a resource log opera?
tzuk

opera
Posts: 212
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 11:15 am
Location: uk

Post by opera » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:13 pm

tzuk wrote:I think I fixed the IE issue (fix will be available in next beta version).

However I'm unable to reproduce the delays with Opera.

Maybe due to some conflict with other software? Can you post a resource log opera?
I switched to another snapshot and re-installed Opera. Issue with Opera gone now :)

Glad to hear you may have fixed the issue with IE.

tzuk
Sandboxie Founder
Sandboxie Founder
Posts: 16076
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:57 pm

Post by tzuk » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:55 pm

Please check version 4.01.07.
tzuk

bo.elam
Sandboxie Guru
Sandboxie Guru
Posts: 2824
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:17 pm

Post by bo.elam » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:52 pm

Hi Tzuk, seems to me .07 fixed the issue (W7 SP1 32Bits IE9), no problem after using IE for a long while and trying to produce the problem. I ll try .07 later in my XP and post about it.

Bo

bo.elam
Sandboxie Guru
Sandboxie Guru
Posts: 2824
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:17 pm

Post by bo.elam » Wed May 01, 2013 1:30 pm

bo.elam wrote:I ll try .07 later in my XP and post about it.
Also fixed in my XP. :)

Bo

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest