New in this release:
- Sandboxie indicator now has two [#] signs for stronger emphasis.
- Sandboxie Explorer program for exploring the contents of files and folders while sandboxed. This was available earlier by running IEXPLORE.EXE to explore local folders. With IE version 7, this is no longer possible. The new Sandboxie Explorer provides this functionality.
- The Sandboxie Run Program dialog will launch Sandboxie Explorer if given a folder name rather than a program name.
- Added some support for Windows cryptography functions to support IE 7 auto-complete forms.
- Moved sandboxing-support logic out of Control.exe into a new Sandboxie Service.
- Sandboxie Control can be told not to launch automatically, by creating a registry DWORD value "DisableAutoStart" in the key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\tzuk\Sandboxie\Control". (The specific value for the DWORD is not important and can be zero.) Support for this configuration through the graphical front end will be available in a future release.
* * *
Fixed in this release:
- Start menu shortcut for "Run any program under Sandboxie" was launching IE instead of the Run Sandboxed Program dialog. Fixed.
- Start.exe should not pop up an Application Error box when Comodo Firewall is in use.
- Registered users: when forcing the browser to run sandboxed, clicking on an Internet link in a non-sandboxed program will send the link to the sandboxed browser.
- Applications that store large pieces of data into the sandboxed registry would cause Sandboxie to complain that the sandboxed registry has become corrupt. Fixed.
- Sandboxie now correctly differentiates between sandboxed programs of the same user account but running on separate Terminal Services logon sessions.
* * *
Update for version 2.45.beta2: Eliminated some error messages when sandboxing programs from non-admin user accounts.
* * *
This is the download link for version 2.45.beta2.
Straight from the horse's mouth
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest