Running Sandboxed Fixes Bizzare Network Behavior ??

If it's not about a problem in the program
flux911

Running Sandboxed Fixes Bizzare Network Behavior ??

Post by flux911 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:35 am

I am currently trying to diagnose some very weird connectivity problems on my Windows 10 operating system.

Quick background info of what I'm fixing :

A small retro game called RPG:MO runs perfectly and connects in a non-sandboxed browser.
Using the Downloadable App version of RPG:MO on Windows 10, it cannot connect to the internet.
But, if I run the downloaded RPG:MO Windows 10 client INSIDE a Sandbox IT CONNECTS TO THE INTERNET!

Why?? Why will this program work properly and have connectivity inside a sandbox, but no internet connectivity without a sandbox?
I'm so confused! Other apps on my PC wont connect to the internet randomly either (not ran in sandbox). I'm starting to wonder if having Sandbox installed is causing some of the issues in the first place?

Tl;Dr
Any explanations of why the app gets internet WITH sandbox, but NO internet without sandbox????!?

Barb@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support

Re: Running Sandboxed Fixes Bizzare Network Behavior ??

Post by Barb@Invincea » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:39 am

Hello flux911 ,

You can try using Resource Access monitor to see if Sandboxie is blocking something that may have an impact in behavior:
https://www.sandboxie.com/ResourceAccessMonitor

Another option, if nothing is found with the above listed, is to download Procmon and compare the results of running the game inside and outside Sandboxie.

Regards,
Barb.-