Memory Limitation?

If it's not about a problem in the program
jclarkw

Memory Limitation?

Post by jclarkw » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:32 am

Is there a limit on the size of each sandbox (or all sandboxes?) and a way to change it?

I ask because I already have two active sandboxes (Firefox default browser and Outlook email handler). When I add another sandbox and use it for something that I want to keep really isolated (like Internet Explorer or Chrome), I see a lot of disk activity (swapping with virtual memory?) and hear a lot of cooling-fan activity (heavy processor usage?).

Any advice would be much appreciated! -- jclarkw

bo.elam
Sandboxie Guru
Sandboxie Guru

Re: Memory Limitation?

Post by bo.elam » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:25 pm

Hi jclark. The amount of sandboxes you create doesnt have an effect on memory. I use 15 at the moment in W10, if I create 5 more, memory consumption would be the same when I run same programs sandboxed at the same time with the computer having 15 sandboxes or 20. But remember, the more programs I use at the same time, the more memory the computer uses (this works the same as if I was not running programs sandboxed).

Bo

jclarkw

Re: Memory Limitation?

Post by jclarkw » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:56 pm

bo.elam wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:25 pm
...The amount of sandboxes you create doesnt have an effect on memory... But remember, the more programs I use at the same time, the more memory the computer uses (this works the same as if I was not running programs sandboxed).
Thanks, Bo -- I now see that running Chrome outside a sandbox (all else being as stated above) also causes excessive disk and cooling-fan usage. I guess it has more to do with Chrome (or the site I'm surfing) than anything else. -- jclarkw