Can i save downloads anywhere on computer while sandboxed?[SOLVED]

If it's not about a problem in the program
joemardo1

Can i save downloads anywhere on computer while sandboxed?[SOLVED]

Post by joemardo1 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:25 pm

Hi there,

I usually use chrome to browse while sandboxed, and as I have a few drives on my computer with lots of different partitions I usually save anything that I am downloading onto one of these partitions that is not the main windows 10 OS drive.

From what I have seen so far these downloads are sandboxed and have checked by using windows explorer window within sancboxie, and also the drag curser within sandboxie that checks.

Just thought that I should double check with you guys that what I am downloading is definitely sandboxed?

Thanks a lot
Joe

bo.elam
Sandboxie Guru
Sandboxie Guru

Re: Can i save downloads anywhere on computer while sandboxed?

Post by bo.elam » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:13 pm

Yes, you can save downloads anywhere in the computer, and you ll be protected by SBIE from any damage or changes they may cause as long as you dont recover the download out of the Sandbox folder.

What I do to continue being protected by Sandboxie even after recovering files is to continue running them sandboxed during their lifetime in my computer. I never stop running files sandboxed. Most files I download, run sandboxed every time they run in my computer for as long as I keep them. I do this by combining using features Forced programs, Forced folders and the sandboxed Windows explorer. Is all done pretty much automatically so is easy and convenient to always be protected by Sandboxie.

Bo

joemardo1

Re: Can i save downloads anywhere on computer while sandboxed?[SOLVED]

Post by joemardo1 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:23 pm

Thank you very much for reply. Good to know Sandboxie is so secure. I really love this program.
joe