Opera error msg on tieba.baidu.com when loading images

If it's not about a problem in the program
o5929720

Opera error msg on tieba.baidu.com when loading images

Post by o5929720 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:20 am

Sandboxie v5.26
Does the issue occur in a new Sandbox with Default settings? Yes
Opera browser installed within Sandboxie. Version 53 and above, didn't try earlier versions.
Kaspersky internet security 15.0.2.361(h)

What are the exact steps to reproduce the issue?
1.)Opera, both normal and incognito mode, browse in tieba.baidu.com eg. https://tieba.baidu.com/f?kw=灰机汉化组, this step, sometimes shows error msg

Code: Select all

SBIE2203 Failed to communicate with Sandboxie Service: *GUIPROXY_00000001 - opera.exe [C0000024]
(several repetitions)
2.)Open any posts that has image cache there. eg. https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5968189347
The attachment tieba.png is no longer available
Soon as the post is loading the image the users posted, the same error msg above pops up.
3.)Click on the image (image cache failed probably due to Baidu server problems, I tried iPhone safari, Opera VPN and Chrome VPN extension, no image) in the post
tieba.png
tieba.png (121 KiB) Viewed 181 times
, it'll open a new tab showing the original image posted by the users hosted on Baidu. Same error msg as above appears.
4.)Right click on the image which fail to cache, copying the image link will also show error msg.

With Chrome installed in Sandboxie, latest version, same steps and same links will not show any error msg.

I can provide more info if you need. Please help on this problem.
It was alright 1 or 2 weeks ago, but Baidu probably changed something in their server, then the problem exposed.

Barb@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support

Re: Opera error msg on tieba.baidu.com when loading images

Post by Barb@Invincea » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:44 am

Hi o5929720 ,

Kaspersky is known for causing conflicts with Sandboxie, and it is not supported.

Here's the Known Conflict entry, and a possible workaround:
https://www.sandboxie.com/KnownConflicts#Antivirus

Please see this thread for more information, as users have posted setups with Kaspersky that may work for you:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=21539
For your convenience, here are all the Kaspersky entries in that post:
search.php?keywords=kaspersky&t=21539&sf=msgonly

Regarding the images, I do not see them even without Sandboxie (using Opera). So this does not look like an issue with Sandboxie. Can you confirm?

Regards,
Barb.-

o5929720

Post by o5929720 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:06 am

Hi Barb.,

I've wrote "(image cache failed probably due to Baidu server problems, I tried iPhone safari, Opera VPN and Chrome VPN extension, no image)".

I know the image is not showing probably because Baidu server had some problems, but not showing the images is not the issue I'm focused on.

The problem focus is that between Opera and Chrome "installed inside Sandboxie" separately with default setting, browsing the same links with images.
For Chrome, no error msg pop up.
For Opera:
A.)Click on the hyperlink from 2.) or from tieba will show the error msg SBIE2203. (sometimes no error in this step, or error shows a few seconds later)
B.)Click on the hyperlink, then click on the image, it will open a new tab showing the image. This step always shows error SBIE2203.

I'm not sure whether the problem is within Opera or between Opera and Sandboxie, but since error msg only shows when Opera installed and run within Sandboxie, I doubt they notice it.

And I think this is probably not caused by Kaspersky, since if the issue source from it, then both Chrome and Opera should have the msg pop up.

Hope this is clear enough for you to regenerate the issue and inspect about it.

Thanks.

Barb@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support

Post by Barb@Invincea » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:00 am

Hi o5929720,

Thanks for the clarification. As covered, we do not support setups with Kaspersky.

I tested the behavior (without the AV) and I was unable to reproduce it (except that I confirmed that the images issue is related to Baidu, not Sandboxie).

Regards,
Barb.-

o5929720

Post by o5929720 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:19 am

Hi Barb.,

I uninstalled Kaspersky. After uninstalled and rebooted, I tried again, the error still exist.

I'm sure it is not caused by updates of Opera. I've made the auto-update of Opera unusable. And by the time the error came out, I was still on Opera version 53 while the latest was v57. I did not install/uninstall anything in my system, and made no change with system settings.
No idea what else would have an effect on that problem.

I think I will just hide the error msg since even if the problem fixed, Baidu still won't show any images. So I'm just gonna ignore it.

Thank you

Barb@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support

Post by Barb@Invincea » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:47 am

Hi o5929720 ,

Hiding the message should do the trick, if functionality is not affected.

Additional things to try:
Latest beta: viewtopic.php?f=66&t=26117
Update Opera to its current version outside Sandboxie, delete the contents of your Sandbox and re-try.
Remove any unnecessary templates from Sandboxie: Sbie Control --> Configure --> Software compatibility --> Uncheck anything you are no longer using).

Regards,
Barb.-