Delerting Firefox Download History

If it's not about a problem in the program
windyctyprog

Delerting Firefox Download History

Post by windyctyprog » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:43 am

Morning.

Since FF 63.00, I've had issues deleting my download history.

I created a new profile, actually my second new profile since 63, I did not import any preferences at all, I started from scratch rebuilding FF.

It worked fine for a few days, then reverted back to the problem.

I had issues with bookmark management since FF60, I finally found a third party to keep my bookmarks because I couldn't find a solution that worked and now don't bother with FF's bookmark functionality.

SBIE didn't seem to be the culprit, but I asked here at that time just to eliminate the possibility.

When I updated to 5.26, I followed Bo's advice, deleted my old version and started fresh - maybe I changed something in my set-up that is causing issues?

Don't have a clue.

I appreciate any assistance, FF is becoming more than an annoyance.

Thanks, in advance. :)

bo.elam
Sandboxie Guru
Sandboxie Guru

Re: Delerting Firefox Download History

Post by bo.elam » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:09 pm

Hi Wind, I am not 100% sure what you want to do but if you allow Bookmarks to be saved out of the sandbox in Sandboxie Settings and what you want is not to save history at the same time, you need to set Firefox in Firefox Options>Privacy & security>History, either to Never remember history or Use custom settings for history and tick untick options according to what you want. This is so because Firefox saves both, bookmarks and history in the same file (places.sqlite).

Bo

windyctyprog

Re: Delerting Firefox Download History

Post by windyctyprog » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:55 am

Bo,

Thanks. I will try that.

Keep you posted.

BTW, how is life? 8)