Error messages and what to do about it

If it's not about a problem in the program
Garluz

Error messages and what to do about it

Post by Garluz » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:46 am

Hi !

Please be patient with my dumb questioning, I am new to computer stuff like this

I downloaded 2 programs from a source I don't trust 100% a while ago. I installed them in SandBoxie, both work fine so far but I got two error messages:

SBIE2103 for one (the loading of sentinel64 driver was denied)
SBIE2205 for both (Missing functionality related to Protected Storage and Windows Credentials)

At first I wanted to see whether the programs would run safely in the sandbox before installing them definitively on my computer. There was no big crash of SandBoxie (I also analysed the sandbox with Avast - whether or not that was relevant. There was nothing to signal) but those error message perplex me.

SBIE2205 doesn't signal something that i feel is dangerous for my computer - please correct me if you think it is
SBIE2103 looks scary to me

Since the program ran ok in Sandboxie without the driver: would it be possible to forbid that program to load the driver outside SandBoxie? Is it something a beginner could do? And if yes, how?

Thanks a million for any enlightenment regarding this!

Barb@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support

Re: Error messages and what to do about it

Post by Barb@Invincea » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:26 am

Hi Garluz,

Please find information regarding each message below:
https://www.sandboxie.com/SBIE2103 (Keep in mind that drivers can no longer be installed in Sandboxie, so you will not be able to test that).

https://www.sandboxie.com/SBIE2205 --> This one should cover your questions.

Regarding running the program without the driver, that is something their support team may be able to assist you with.

Regards,
Barb.-