analyze the trace

If it's not about a problem in the program
Venga

analyze the trace

Post by Venga » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:58 pm

good day

I have two issues.
  • please help to analyze the trace (popup message with errors)
  • not identical popup messages with errors when installing the same app in "DefaultBox" and installing in "Random_textBox"
My main purpose was try to analyze problems (popup messages when installing app in sandbox). And on the way I found oddity (second issue above)

I do install the app in sandbox, and get popup message with errors.
If install in "DefaultBox" - the message is "SBIE2205 Service not implemented: WMI IWbemServices 25"
If I create a new sandbox with name "Random_text" - then message is "SBIE2327 Error in COM server: [31 / 0]"
Why changing name of sandbox has an impact on popup messages content? Does content of popup messages must not be exact when I installing same app in "DefaultBox", or in "DefaultBox123" or in "DefaultBox456"?
The reason why i using random name of sandbox: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=21319&p=130802#p130836 This issue still reproducing in my tests. Or OS restart, or random box name. I don't know other way to circumvent this issue.
Resource Monitor log of "DefaultBox" also not identical with Resource Monitor log of "Random_textBox".
Of course settings of boxes are exact. (create a New Sandbox, Copy settings from existing sandbox)

One more issue-thing :(
After app successfully and properly installed - besides expected files i found also

Code: Select all

Sandbox\%USER%\%SANDBOX%\drive\C\Windows\System32\CatRoot2\dberr.txt
and it contains worried messages:
CatalogDB: 2:26:38 19.10.2018: waitsvc.cpp at line #440 encountered error 0x00000006
CatalogDB: 2:26:38 19.10.2018: catdbcli.cpp at line #345 encountered error 0x00000006
CatalogDB: 2:26:38 19.10.2018: catdbcli.cpp at line #590 encountered error 0x00000426
CatalogDB: 2:26:38 19.10.2018: catadnew.cpp at line #2396 encountered error 0x00000426
CatalogDB: 2:26:38 19.10.2018: catadnew.cpp at line #925 encountered error 0x00000426

Reasons it may be caused:
  • new version of app
  • new version of Sandboxie
  • something wrong with OS
I will try to test this moment with various versions and in other OS. Or someone could post the answer about it. :(
I need to install this app in Sandboxie for getting a "NO INSTALL" version of app. It's almost like portable-version. And it always works great and 100% stable like usually version! Manufacturing it not first year. Just recently encountered with all this issues :(

Thank you very much!

:!: The Windows version number?
Windows 10 Pro .1803.17134.345 (all updates is OK) (digital license)
:!: Sandboxie version number
:!: Does the issue occur in a new Sandbox with Default settings?
my changes in ini:
  • add: FileRootPath=F:\Sandbox\%USER%\%SANDBOX%
  • remove: AutoRecover=y
  • BorderColor=#00FFFF (Image)
:!: NAME & Version/build numbers of any applications involved?
FL Studio 20.0.5.681 (setup from official link, SHA-256 matched)
:!: Are you running antivirus/anti-malware software?
default Windows 10 Defender (and scanned OS with Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool)
:!: What are the exact steps to reproduce the issue?
Produce full process of app installation in DefaultBox, or in sandbox with random name

Logs: https://cloud.mail.ru/public/326A/TpkfcSjXv (can be previewed without downloading)

forum does not allow attach files for me. Don't know why:
Sorry for grammar. English is not my native language.

Barb@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support

Re: analyze the trace

Post by Barb@Invincea » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:20 am

Hi Venga,

I tried installing FL Studio in Sandboxie, and received the messages you stated. After closing them, I was able to launch the app Sandboxed.

The messages may vary if you are copying an already installed program to another Sandbox, as it may have different paths. You will probably need to re-install the app. Here's more information:
viewtopic.php?t=16357

Please, try creating a new Sandbox with default settings (do not copy from a previous one) to see if that helps.

The Sandboxie messages can be found here:
https://www.sandboxie.com/SBIE2205
https://www.sandboxie.com/SBIE2327

If you need further assistance, please provide the exact repro steps to the issue. Just keep in mind that Sandboxie is an isolation tool, not a storage solution.

Regards,
Barb.-

Venga

Post by Venga » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:18 pm

Barb@Invincea wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:20 am
I tried installing FL Studio in Sandboxie, and received the messages you stated. After closing them, I was able to launch the app Sandboxed.
Do you confirm that you have the same errors? What do you think it can be caused?
Can you check also \Sandbox\%USER%\%SANDBOX%\drive\C\Windows\System32\CatRoot2\dberr.txt
Barb@Invincea wrote:
The Sandboxie messages can be found here:
https://www.sandboxie.com/SBIE2205
https://www.sandboxie.com/SBIE2327
unfortunately it gave me nothing. :( I immediately began to explore this help and eventually turned to the forum.
Barb@Invincea wrote:
Just keep in mind that Sandboxie is an isolation tool, not a storage solution.
I'm not doing this for the first time with FL Studio app.
I'm at a loss from the fact that in previous versions did not happen. :( I can not know what negative consequences can be borne by such errors - the reason why I want to understand.
Sandboxie is great software. I can trace and analyze attempts of changes made by app.. attempts of changes in registry and in HDD. And be sure that the system was not affected. And based on attempts of changes I can create a "NO INSTALL"-version of any app. So Sandboxie is very appropriate for me. And it free :shock: Even wikipedia loves Sandboxie!
"NO INSTALL"-version is not hack. It is for comfort. You could reinstall Windows, for example, and continue using your software without installation of your software, without recover settings of your software! This is very annoying. Not many developers offer portable-versions.
Barb@Invincea wrote:
Please, try creating a new Sandbox with default settings (do not copy from a previous one) to see if that helps.
If you need further assistance, please provide the exact repro steps to the issue.
prepared set of simple videos: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... je126jDONr
Please view "DefaultBox" first.
Because of videocapturing software in demo mode - the capture clipped after 10.0 minutes recording.
In video "10 mins" I didn't skip "installation bar filling", you just have to use scrolling. In all videos I did 100% same steps.

Barb@Invincea wrote:
The messages may vary if you are copying an already installed program to another Sandbox, as it may have different paths. You will probably need to re-install the app. Here's more information:
viewtopic.php?t=16357
Could you take a view "Random_textBox" video with repro. It is seen another variation of popup message content. Didn't I reproduce all steps exactly? But get different error message in the same point.

common action in all videos:
  • show path C:\Sandbox\ not contain anything before start
  • open the ini and deleting all settings before start
Sorry for grammar. English is not my native language.

Barb@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support

Post by Barb@Invincea » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:41 am

Hi Venga,

If the program works fine, you can click "hide" to avoid seeing the message.
If you experience any specific issues with it, then let us know and we may be able to assist.

Our current troubleshooting/testing priorities are listed below:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24980

Regards,
Barb.-