Contradictory Licensing Information [SOLVED]

If it's not about a problem in the program
Radish

Contradictory Licensing Information [SOLVED]

Post by Radish » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:25 pm

On the current page where a home user can purchase a license for SB it says the license is for one year. (What!) Then in the list of what you get for your license it says,
Covers the current version and all future versions of Sandboxie;
Those two pieces of information seem to contradict each other. So which is it? One year or life-time?

Also what happened to the life-time licenses and family life-time licenses? I had saved up my pennies to buy one of those then come to purchase and . . . What!

Seems Software As A Service (SAAS) is all that is on offer.

bo.elam
Sandboxie Guru
Sandboxie Guru

Re: Contradictory Licensing Information

Post by bo.elam » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:28 pm

Radish wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:25 pm
Those two pieces of information seem to contradict each other. So which is it? One year or life-time?
Radish, what that means is that during the one year duration of the license, you can update to any new version of Sandboxie that is released during this period of time.
Radish wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:25 pm
Also what happened to the life-time licenses and family life-time licenses? I had saved up my pennies to buy one of those then come to purchase and . . . What!

Seems Software As A Service (SAAS) is all that is on offer.
I agree the lifetime license is better and I wish it was still available, it would be easier to recommend people buying one. But it is still worth it. You have been using SBIE for a while and you know the value of using SBIE, thats why you want to buy a license. If I was in your shoes, I would still get it, its pretty cheap and if one day the lifetime license makes a come back, them you get one of those.

Bo

Mr.X

Post by Mr.X » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:52 am

Hmm, lifetime licenses no good for business...
Windows 8.1 x64 EN | Sandboxie latest beta or stable | All software latest versions unless stated otherwise

Radish

Post by Radish » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:04 am

Mr.X wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:52 am
Hmm, lifetime licenses no good for business...
Hmm, "software as a service" no good for users . . .

Do I buy, or do I not buy? I think my answer would always be "not buy".

Hmm, "not buy", even worse for business . . .

bo.elam
Sandboxie Guru
Sandboxie Guru

Post by bo.elam » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:26 pm

Radish wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:04 am
Do I buy, or do I not buy? I think my answer would always be "not buy".
You dont buy, everyone loses. You lose because you wont be moving to Sandboxie paid, the real thing. Sandboxies free version allow you to do just a tiny bit of what you can do with the paid version. With the paid version, Sandboxie becomes automatic, you dont have to do much thinking to get files and programs running sandboxed. You click files, they run sandboxed automatically.

You can get that for the price of 1 beer or two cans of Coca cola a month. Thats cheap, thats the price of the license. The type of protection we get from SBIE is worth hundreds of time that.

If you dont buy, Mr X loses, I lose, everyone who uses Sandboxie loses. The development of Sandboxie needs and requires support. And the best support we can give Sandboxie is to purchase licenses. You have been using SBIE for a while, you should a bought a license a long time ago, if you had, perhaps you would a gotten a lifetime one. Its really your fault if you didnt get one when it was available. If you really really like and appreciate Sandboxie, buying a license would make you feel better, even if its not lifetime. It ll make you feel being part of Sandboxie as you ll be helping Sandboxies development to continue for years to come. :)

Bo

Mr.X

Post by Mr.X » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:12 pm

Bo, people seem not to understand this, ever /doh
Windows 8.1 x64 EN | Sandboxie latest beta or stable | All software latest versions unless stated otherwise

Barb@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support

Post by Barb@Invincea » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:52 am

All,

Regarding the first portion:
"Covers the current version and all future versions of Sandboxie"
As explained by Bo, it means that while you are licensed, you can update to any new version of Sandboxie that comes out (betas and release versions).

Regarding the licensing options:
viewtopic.php?p=133091#p133091

Closing this thread. (Feel free to move to Anything Else [viewforum.php?f=5] to further discuss, as this is no longer a Quick Question) .

Regards,
Barb.-