Settings Not Saving in SRWare Iron

If it's not about a problem in the program
Knightmare

Settings Not Saving in SRWare Iron

Post by Knightmare » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:04 pm

I'm using a portable version of SRWare Iron through a program call SyMenu. I use Iron as a backup when my Firefox configuration will not load a site correctly. Since I use Iron as a backup and don't have it configured to be 100% secure, I use Sandboxie to erase everything once I close the browser. However, I have been in need to change some settings in Iron but when I change the settings and open the program again, the settings are reverted back to default because Sandboxie deletes the data. I've tried to allow direct access to the profile folder in SB settings, but I think that the setting is meant for the installed version of Iron, not the portable version. I've also tried to allow direct access to the Chrome folder, since Iron runs from the chrome.exe file but no luck.

I realize that the fix is to manually add the profile folder, since it's in a different location, but my fear is that I will allow access to more items that just the settings. Is there just one file that I need to allow access to for the settings?

Barb@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support

Re: Settings Not Saving in SRWare Iron

Post by Barb@Invincea » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:09 am

Hello Knightmare,

You will need to add direct access entries based on the location of your iron files. For more info:
https://www.sandboxie.com/OpenFilePath
https://www.sandboxie.com/ResourceAccessSettings#file

You can see the current template by right-clicking on your Sandbox--> Sandbox settings --> Applications---> Web Browser---> Chrome
Scroll until you find the iron section to check which files we currently open (highlight each one and click "View Code") , then, following the above listed steps, open the path to the desired files based on the correct location.

Regards,
Barb.-