iTunes - not a Sandboxie problem

If it's not about a problem in the program
henryg

iTunes - not a Sandboxie problem

Post by henryg » Mon May 21, 2018 7:49 am

Despite being able to do so previously, I found recently that I couldn't drag and drop eg music files from Windows Explorer via iTunes to an iPhone (5 or 6S and different iOS versions, and even tried earlier iTunes version). After much frustration and Googling to no avail, I tried iTunes sandboxed and, despite an initial warning that software required for communicationg with iPods was not installed correctly, all seems to be working.

I have no need to sandbox iTunes but there could be issues that are not immediately apparent, so would anyone have an idea why Sandboxie is acting as an "unblocker"?
Henry

Curt@invincea
Sandboxie Lead Developer
Sandboxie Lead Developer

Re: iTunes - not a Sandboxie problem

Post by Curt@invincea » Mon May 21, 2018 2:41 pm

Since iTunes is complaining that the iPod software is not even installed in the sandbox, it probably uses a completely different method for communication. In the host, it is probably getting further along in the iPod code and failing.

henryg

Re: iTunes - not a Sandboxie problem

Post by henryg » Mon May 21, 2018 6:06 pm

Hello Curt

Thinking more about it, one solution is obvious if not ideal - I'll use iTunes sandboxed when I need to drag files across. That way other potential issues (Outlook sync etc) will work without having to mess around with opening file access etc. Not the end of the world!

I've already tried removing and re-installing iTunes to no effect, so it occurred to me that you guys might have come across issued with iTunes at some point; well a hope anyway.

Been a while since I've seen one of your posts :D
Henry