How to open a PDF within your email with sbie? And then print it out from there.

If it's not about a problem in the program
sanbox man

How to open a PDF within your email with sbie? And then print it out from there.

Post by sanbox man » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:03 pm

How to open a PDF within your email with SBIE? I don't want to download and recovery the PDF to my desktop, rather I would like it remaining always within SBIE environment and then printing it from within SBIE environment as well.

By email I mean any free webmail account and not something like Outlook or Thunderbird etc.
64 bit Windows 8.1, Firefox 60.0.2, SBIE 5.26, McAfee,

bo.elam
Sandboxie Guru
Sandboxie Guru

Re: How to open a PDF within your email with sbie? And then print it out from there.

Post by bo.elam » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:12 pm

sanbox man wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:03 pm
How to open a PDF within your email with SBIE? I don't want to download and recovery the PDF to my desktop, rather I would like it remaining always within SBIE environment and then printing it from within SBIE environment as well.
If you are using a non restricted sandbox or if you are using a restricted sandbox and you PDFs runs within the browser, do same steps as if you were not using Sandboxie. No difference.

If you are using a restricted sandbox and your PDF Reader runs out of the browser, then you need to allow the PDF Readers exe to run (add the exe in Start/Run Sandbox restrictions).

Bo

sanbox man

Re: How to open a PDF within your email with sbie? And then print it out from there.

Post by sanbox man » Tue May 15, 2018 2:16 am

bo.elam wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:12 pm
sanbox man wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:03 pm
If you are using a non restricted sandbox or if you are using a restricted sandbox and you PDFs runs within the browser, do same steps as if you were not using Sandboxie. No difference.

If you are using a restricted sandbox and your PDF Reader runs out of the browser, then you need to allow the PDF Readers exe to run (add the exe in Start/Run Sandbox restrictions).

Bo
By restricted and non restricted you mean paid and non-paid sbie versions or Start Run restrictions?
64 bit Windows 8.1, Firefox 60.0.2, SBIE 5.26, McAfee,

Barb@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support

Post by Barb@Invincea » Tue May 15, 2018 1:51 pm

Hello sanbox man,

If you are running your email inside a Sandboxed browser, the pdf will open inside the same Sandbox you are running the browser in.

If the Sandbox is restricted (meaning only certain programs are allowed to run inside the Sandbox), as Bo covered, you will need to allow the executable within the Start/Run settings :
https://www.sandboxie.com/RestrictionsSettings#startrun

Regards,
Barb.-