Removing + from a local template -> Delete? [SOLVED]

If it's not about a problem in the program
highend

Removing + from a local template -> Delete? [SOLVED]

Post by highend » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:46 am

Hi,

When I remove the "+" sign from a local template (Applications - Local) I get the message:
Local application configuration '<name of the template>' is now removed in all sandboxes.
Would you like to completely delete this application configuration?
Why is that? I just wanted to disable it, I didn't click on the "Remove" button^^

Guest10

Re: Removing + from a local template -> Delete?

Post by Guest10 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:25 pm

It's just telling you that you have a local template that's defined in sandboxie.ini, but is not being used by any sandboxes.
You can tell it to remove (delete) that local template from your .ini file; or, you can choose to leave it in the file - unused by any sandbox.
Don't be surprised if that question comes up again in future edits.
Paul
Win 10 Home 64-bit (w/admin rights) - Zone Alarm Pro Firewall, MalwareBytes Premium A/V, Firefox, Thunderbird
Sandboxie user since March 2007

highend

Post by highend » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:29 pm

Thanks for the answer. Is there no setting to avoid this question? Only because I "disabled" a template doesn't mean that I want to remove it completely. There is a "Remove" button. If I want to get rid of a template I would use that...

Guest10

Post by Guest10 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:15 pm

highend wrote:Thanks for the answer. Is there no setting to avoid this question? Only because I "disabled" a template doesn't mean that I want to remove it completely. There is a "Remove" button. If I want to get rid of a template I would use that...
Not that I'm aware of.

In the future, if you select not to use another local template in any of your sandboxes, you will again be asked about deleting each local template that isn't being used. In the past, when I have posted local templates, I always noted that you don't want to install local templates that you don't intend to use - if you don't want to be asked about deleting them at some point.
Luckily, the question doesn't arise when making most changes to Sandbox Settings.
Paul
Win 10 Home 64-bit (w/admin rights) - Zone Alarm Pro Firewall, MalwareBytes Premium A/V, Firefox, Thunderbird
Sandboxie user since March 2007

highend

Re: Removing + from a local template -> Delete? [SOLVED]

Post by highend » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:25 pm

Ok, thank you Paul!