Running DVDFab free trial in Sandboxie

If it's not about a problem in the program
jxg_6mu

Running DVDFab free trial in Sandboxie

Post by jxg_6mu » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:24 pm

I'm using Sandboxie 4.12 and I'm trying to run the latest free trial version of DVDFab 9.1.6.6. I installed an earlier version of DVDFab some time ago and the free trial ran out, so I uninstalled it. Now, when I install the new version into Sandboxie, it still says my free trial's up. How can it know this if it's isolated from everything else in Sandboxie?

Curt@invincea
Sandboxie Lead Developer
Sandboxie Lead Developer

Re: Running DVDFab free trial in Sandboxie

Post by Curt@invincea » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:17 pm

Assuming you deleted your sandbox contents, perhaps it is storing your info on their server.

jxg_6mu

Post by jxg_6mu » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:16 pm

It's possible, but before I tried to install it I disabled my internet connection so I think it uses some other method. Software developers these days have figured out some pretty sophisticated ways to keep people from getting around their rules so it's hard to say.

But I finally figured out how to use it and avoid the free trial problem. I was trying to use features that are only available to try for 30 days, or if you purchase the full product. The HD Decrypter is the only thing that's free after 30 days and its features are limited. Everything's still there after 30 days and it looks like its all available, nothing's grayed out even, but if you click the wrong thing you're prompted to upgrade or close the program. It's a pretty sneaky way to make people think they have to upgrade. :)

henryg

Post by henryg » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:39 am

jxg_6mu wrote:It's a pretty sneaky way to make people think they have to upgrade. :)
You are breaking the terms of their trial and then accuse them of being sneaky!?

Curt, why are you allowing such posts?
Henry

DR_LaRRY_PEpPeR

Post by DR_LaRRY_PEpPeR » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:15 am

Please. :roll:
XP Home-as-Pro SP3 (Admin) w/ continued updates (Embedded/POSReady 2009)
> Permissions + "2-level" SRP, latest Sandboxie (Pro/registered), EMET 4, no anti-anything (ever)
Did I make tzuk crazed... in his last days? :o

jxg_6mu

Post by jxg_6mu » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:30 am

I say sneaky because I wasn't knowingly breaking any of the terms of the trial. Normally if features are unavailable in trial software they're grayed out or simply aren't there. Not trying to start anything, just don't like being accused of something I didn't do. I'm signing off this thread now. :)