How to installing from disc? [SOLVED]

If it's not about a problem in the program
jon

How to installing from disc? [SOLVED]

Post by jon » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:46 pm

Hi there,

Currently testing out the free version.

I am trying to install from a disc inside a sandbox but couldn't find any instructions specifically for that. Which path should it be installed in? Just the normal program files folder? I tried that and tried to install inside the sanbox path as well, and in both cases it didn't work. In the first way the software icon appears in sandboxie, but the software doesn't open and the icon then disappears after a couple of seconds.

I am running windows 7 with Office 2007 installed, and what I am trying to install is Office2000 (I need it because it is in another language and I need those features). Having two office versions installed messes them up, so I am trying to have a sandboxed installation of office2000 but it is not working.

A regular install of Office2000 on win7 works perfectly, but it messes up Office2007.

Thanks!

Barb@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support

Re: How to installing from disc?

Post by Barb@Invincea » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:53 am

Hi jon,

Not all applications can install in the Sandboxie. I could not find anything related to Office 2000, we don't support old versions (and current Office cannot be installed in the sandbox as it requires services (services and drivers will not install inside Sandboxie).

Here's a thread (old), where users are discussing how to install office 2007 in the Sandbox:
viewtopic.php?t=2361&start=15

You may want to try that instead, and if it works, then you can try installing Office 2000 on your host.

A few more for your review:
viewtopic.php?t=9960
search.php?keywords=office+2007+install

Regards,
Barb.-

jon

Post by jon » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:53 am

thanks!
just for the future, for installing software from a disc, which path should it be installed in?

Barb@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support

Post by Barb@Invincea » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:34 pm

Hi jon,

If you are asking which path you should select to install apps inside the Sandbox, the answer is whichever path you want.
The installation -if supported- will work like on your host, but whichever path is chosen will be added inside the Sandbox instead.

Regards,
Barb.-