Can't Delete Contents of Sandbox [SOLVED]

Please post your problem description here

Moderator: Barb@Invincea

phrab

Can't Delete Contents of Sandbox [SOLVED]

Post by phrab » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:16 pm

Hi:
I have set my Sandbox/DefaultBox/Sandbox Settings/Delete/Delete Invocation/ and checked "Automatically delete contents of sandbox". Sanboxie wasn't deleting the sandbox upon exiting, so I tried "Terminate All Programs" & then manually deleting the contents. However, I get this message:
SandboxieNoDelete.png
SandboxieNoDelete.png (25.46 KiB) Viewed 110 times
How can I tell what's running & why won't Sandboxie stop whatever it is?
Thank you,
Phil
Windows 10 Pro, Version 1803, Build 17134.523 (64-bit)
Sandboxie version 5.28 64-bit
Chrome Version 72.0.3626.109 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Running Windows Defender
Also, Windows XP Pro SP-3
Sandboxie Version 5.06 32-bit
Firefox version 52.9.0 32-bit

bo.elam
Sandboxie Guru
Sandboxie Guru

Re: Can't Delete Contents of Sandbox

Post by bo.elam » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:38 pm

phrab wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:16 pm
How can I tell what's running & why won't Sandboxie stop whatever it is?
Thank you,
The why. Likely. a security program has a lock on files inside the sandbox at the moment you are closing the sandboxed program. Probably the scanner is scanning when you close the sandboxed program. I see you are using WD, that's the last antivirus I would think would cause this sort of thing. But, perhaps some of the "new" security enhancements that have lately being incorporated in WD, could be causing your contents not getting deleted automatically.

The solution is to reboot, that terminates the lock, and delete contents after rebooting.

If you are using some other type of real time scanner along WD, that program could also be the cause of the glitch and more than likely, it is the the program that's causing it..

The How: I never used Process explorer but I understand that it can be used to tell the program that's causing the lock. IMO, if this thing is only happening sporadically, I wouldn't worry, and would forget about it. But if its happening every day or often enough to be annoying, then I would try to find out the cause.

Bo

phrab

Re: Can't Delete Contents of Sandbox

Post by phrab » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:08 pm

Thank you very much for your reply. I appreciate your time & knowledge! The next time it happens, if it happens, I'll use Process Explorer (which I have, but am not sure I know how to use it) :lol:

In any event, I logged off & back on & was able to delete the contents.
Phil
Windows 10 Pro, Version 1803, Build 17134.523 (64-bit)
Sandboxie version 5.28 64-bit
Chrome Version 72.0.3626.109 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Running Windows Defender
Also, Windows XP Pro SP-3
Sandboxie Version 5.06 32-bit
Firefox version 52.9.0 32-bit