Feb 1 Win 10 Update forces SB uninstall [SOLVED - Please use beta version]

Please post your problem description here

Moderator: Barb@Invincea

deltadude

Feb 1 Win 10 Update forces SB uninstall [SOLVED - Please use beta version]

Post by deltadude » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:01 pm

As title says, I am doing Win 10 update and get this message as update is installing:
"We couldn't uninstall these apps. You'll need to remove these apps yourself, and then select Refresh.
These programs need to be uninstalled because they aren't compatible with the upgrade.
• Sandboxie
see image below.

Some history, just a few days ago, I had to reinstall windows because the October update ruined my DJ software & digital mixer drivers. So a week old new clean install, not a reset install, of windows 10 was 100% up to date and working with SB and all other software. Today I get this message, ok no big deal, I will uninstall Sandboxie, however there used to be an SB uninstall option in the start menu, and if not there you could find in the programs/sandboxie folder. There is NOTHING now. I am assuming that the uninstall option provided by SB in older versions was a complete thorough removal of SB including registry and all files. Windows 10 has so many updates and 2x a year major over-haul SB HAS TO PROVIDE a uninstall that totally wipes SB from the system. BTW I hope SB is aware, that in April Windows will release a new revamped Windows 10 and it will include it's own sandboxing feature.

Why am I making an issue of this, in June and Oct Win 10 updates ruined several programs simple uninstall and reinstall of those programs and drivers, was not good enough, I had to totally reinstall windows. That should never happen, yeah this is Microsoft's fault, but app makers should provide wipe clean uninstall utilities to hopefully avoid a reinstall of windows.

Is there on the SB site a 100% complete uninstall Sandboxie utility.

deltadude

Re: Feb 1 Win 10 Update forces SB uninstall

Post by deltadude » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:08 pm

I just remembered the installer of SB has the option to uninstall. But seriously it should be where it could be seen.

bo.elam
Sandboxie Guru
Sandboxie Guru

Post by bo.elam » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:23 pm

Hi deltadude. When you uninstall Sandboxie, you ll get a SBIE message asking you whether you want to save your Sandboxie.ini configuration fie. You can save it, Windows updates wont have an issue with that.

Something else. I dont know why you dont have an uninstall option in the Sandboxie folder in Start menu. Mine has it. You can also uninstall Sandboxie from Control panel, and also, by running the installer (as you mentioned).

Bo
Attachments
Sin título.jpg
Sin título.jpg (56.71 KiB) Viewed 360 times

Curt@invincea
Sandboxie Lead Developer
Sandboxie Lead Developer

Post by Curt@invincea » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:35 pm

deltadude wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:01 pm
As title says, I am doing Win 10 update and get this message as update is installing:
"We couldn't uninstall these apps. You'll need to remove these apps yourself, and then select Refresh.
These programs need to be uninstalled because they aren't compatible with the upgrade.
• Sandboxie
see image below.

Some history, just a few days ago, I had to reinstall windows because the October update ruined my DJ software & digital mixer drivers. So a week old new clean install, not a reset install, of windows 10 was 100% up to date and working with SB and all other software. Today I get this message, ok no big deal, I will uninstall Sandboxie, however there used to be an SB uninstall option in the start menu, and if not there you could find in the programs/sandboxie folder. There is NOTHING now. I am assuming that the uninstall option provided by SB in older versions was a complete thorough removal of SB including registry and all files. Windows 10 has so many updates and 2x a year major over-haul SB HAS TO PROVIDE a uninstall that totally wipes SB from the system. BTW I hope SB is aware, that in April Windows will release a new revamped Windows 10 and it will include it's own sandboxing feature.

Why am I making an issue of this, in June and Oct Win 10 updates ruined several programs simple uninstall and reinstall of those programs and drivers, was not good enough, I had to totally reinstall windows. That should never happen, yeah this is Microsoft's fault, but app makers should provide wipe clean uninstall utilities to hopefully avoid a reinstall of windows.

Is there on the SB site a 100% complete uninstall Sandboxie utility.
The Sandboxie Uninstall icon is right there on the start menu (C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Sandboxie) where it has always been.

Sandboxie has always completely removed itself. Windows is keeping track of all installers it encounters to warn users of upgrade issues. To get around this, you must delete the Sandboxie installer file itself from your disk drive.

deltadude

Post by deltadude » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:31 am

Ok finally got win 10 reinstalled and putting apps back in ...

Get this popup
sandboxie won't install.png
sandboxie won't install.png (75.77 KiB) Viewed 214 times
Curt@invincea wrote: Windows is keeping track of all installers it encounters to warn users of upgrade issues. To get around this, you must delete the Sandboxie installer file itself from your disk drive.
I use a search app called "Everything" I have no other copies of the installer. I found 5 and deleted them. I have even deleted the newest 2x and downloaded each time from this site, and rebooted each time, I still get this message.

Vomitus

Post by Vomitus » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:28 am

Hi Deltadude!
Had the same problem yesterday and wanted to confirm your posting.
But then I gave the beta installer a try: viewtopic.php?f=66&t=26117

That worked for me.
Hope it helps,
Vomitus

deltadude

Post by deltadude » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:40 pm

Thank you, that solved it.

I knew to do that, after like 4 or 5 beta installs. My brain mush after 2 weeks fighting windows10, won't even tell you how many times i reinstalled W10 .