Discord Crashes in SB 5.27.3

Please post your problem description here

Moderator: Barb@Invincea

cooldude

Discord Crashes in SB 5.27.3

Post by cooldude » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:44 pm

Discord will crash (regardless of discord version) if you try and upload a file via searching up the file via the file explorer (i.e. the window that pop ups when you want to upload something).

other Info:

:!: The Windows version number? (i.e. Windows 7 32bit, 8.1 x64, etc)
Windows 10 Version 10.0.16299.547
:!: Sandboxie version number (SBIE v5.23.3? 5.22?)
Beta 5.27.3
:!: Does the issue occur in a new Sandbox with Default settings? (https://www.sandboxie.com/SandboxMenu#create)
Yes
:!: NAME & Version/build numbers of any applications involved? (Chrome v43, FF45 etc)
Discord or Discord PTB
:!: Are you running antivirus/anti-malware software? (AVG, Live Essentials..etc)
No
:!: What are the exact steps to reproduce the issue? (Launch app X, perform X actions, etc)
Launch Discord
try to upload a file manually (no drop files)
It'll crash at "some point" either during using the windows file explorer pop up or once it closes down.

Code: Select all

---------------------------
DiscordPTB.exe - Application Error
---------------------------
The instruction at 0x000000005D0185CB referenced memory at 0x0000000000000000. The memory could not be read.

Code: Select all

SBIE2224 Sandboxed program has crashed: DiscordPTB.exe [DefaultBox]

Barb@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support

Re: Discord Crashes in SB 5.27.3

Post by Barb@Invincea » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:16 am

Hi cooldude,

This program is out of scope (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24980) but I gave it a quick try and did not experience any issues.
(Tested Discord's latest version (Dec 20th 2018) on Windows 10 x64 1809 + Sbie 5.27.3
I uploaded video files, as well as pictures and did not experience any issues.)

Some suggestions / ideas:
How are you uploading the files? (drag and dropping form a Sandboxed explorer, or using the + button? Test a different method to see if that alleviates the issue).
Are the files located on your C: drive? Can you try uploading from a different location?
Does the feature work outside Sandboxie?
Are all files triggering the same issue? Or just a particular one that you upload?
Are you using non-default settings in your Sandboxie configuration file? If so, you may want to fully re-install Sandboxie and chose to NOT save the configuration, so you can start a fresh (you will also need to manually delete the Sandboxes, as those are not removed during uninstallation).

Regards,
Barb.-

cooldude

Re: Discord Crashes in SB 5.27.3

Post by cooldude » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:05 pm

Hi! Sorry for slow reply.

I upload it via "+" button, the files can be located anywhere (so if I start in C:\ and I try to change directory via adress par or quick bar it'll crash).
The feature works as intended outside Sandboxie.
The file doesn't matter since the crash happens when you try and change directory.

The only non-default setting I'm using is the increase file size that pop ups.