Discord Crashes in SB 5.27.3

Please post your problem description here

Moderator: Barb@Invincea

cooldude

Discord Crashes in SB 5.27.3

Post by cooldude » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:44 pm

Discord will crash (regardless of discord version) if you try and upload a file via searching up the file via the file explorer (i.e. the window that pop ups when you want to upload something).

other Info:

:!: The Windows version number? (i.e. Windows 7 32bit, 8.1 x64, etc)
Windows 10 Version 10.0.16299.547
:!: Sandboxie version number (SBIE v5.23.3? 5.22?)
Beta 5.27.3
:!: Does the issue occur in a new Sandbox with Default settings? (https://www.sandboxie.com/SandboxMenu#create)
Yes
:!: NAME & Version/build numbers of any applications involved? (Chrome v43, FF45 etc)
Discord or Discord PTB
:!: Are you running antivirus/anti-malware software? (AVG, Live Essentials..etc)
No
:!: What are the exact steps to reproduce the issue? (Launch app X, perform X actions, etc)
Launch Discord
try to upload a file manually (no drop files)
It'll crash at "some point" either during using the windows file explorer pop up or once it closes down.

Code: Select all

---------------------------
DiscordPTB.exe - Application Error
---------------------------
The instruction at 0x000000005D0185CB referenced memory at 0x0000000000000000. The memory could not be read.

Code: Select all

SBIE2224 Sandboxed program has crashed: DiscordPTB.exe [DefaultBox]

Barb@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support

Re: Discord Crashes in SB 5.27.3

Post by Barb@Invincea » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:16 am

Hi cooldude,

This program is out of scope (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24980) but I gave it a quick try and did not experience any issues.
(Tested Discord's latest version (Dec 20th 2018) on Windows 10 x64 1809 + Sbie 5.27.3
I uploaded video files, as well as pictures and did not experience any issues.)

Some suggestions / ideas:
How are you uploading the files? (drag and dropping form a Sandboxed explorer, or using the + button? Test a different method to see if that alleviates the issue).
Are the files located on your C: drive? Can you try uploading from a different location?
Does the feature work outside Sandboxie?
Are all files triggering the same issue? Or just a particular one that you upload?
Are you using non-default settings in your Sandboxie configuration file? If so, you may want to fully re-install Sandboxie and chose to NOT save the configuration, so you can start a fresh (you will also need to manually delete the Sandboxes, as those are not removed during uninstallation).

Regards,
Barb.-