So many problems starting out, cannot install software

Please post your problem description here

Moderator: Barb@Invincea

devlocalca

So many problems starting out, cannot install software

Post by devlocalca » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:36 pm

I am having so many problems with Sandbox, error dialogs on nearly everything I do, blank screens during installation that seem to serve no purpose. When installing software, I try to create a new directory to install the software in, and the file dialog will not change the name from 'New Folder' to the folder I want, there seems to be a big QA problem here, but also a usability problem with things in place you would not expect them.

One big problem right now, is that I cannot install a whole host of software.

TechSmith: SnagIt and Camstasia will not install, crashes on install when trying to install in the sandbox.

Also many/most electron apps fail to install, crash. Can you please look into this, and find out why the installer crashes.

In the meantime, can you please provide me with a competitor product, I paid for the pro version here, it's limping along and I can do some things, but not everything.

You can get free trial versions of snagit and camstasia, download, create a new "box" called "techtarget", then go to that box, right click, navigate to the installer and select it to run. Then during installation, try to create a folder to install it in to see the problems: try to create a folder called: c:\apps\techtarget\camstasia or \snagit\ and see how that goes.

Barb@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support

Re: So many problems starting out, cannot install software

Post by Barb@Invincea » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:00 am

Hi devlocalca,

Please, reply to your post following the forum guidelines so that we can assist you:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=19746
Also, please be aware of the currently supported apps:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24980

Keep in mind that you cannot install drivers or services inside the Sandbox. If the apps require those, they will need to be installed outside Sandboxie, and then you can launch them sandboxed.

For your convenience, here are some related search results:
Snagit: search.php?keywords=SnagIt
Camstacia: no results
Whatsapp: search.php?keywords=WhatsApp

We do not have/provide information regarding competitors, you can perform an online search regarding that.

Regards,
Barb.-