Moderator: Barb@Invincea

dvd8n

Laptop Crashes - Windows 7

Post by dvd8n » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:38 am

Windows 7 pro sp1 64 bit
Sandboxie V5.26 64 bit
All default settings
Windows MSE and Malwarebytes

For a while now my laptop has been flashing up a window with error messages in it then instantaneously shutting down. It has always been a problem to see what the issue is as the window is on the screen for such a short period of time. It does not happen often; maybe once a week or so.

It has generally, but as far as I am aware, not exclusively been when watching videos in firefox.

Today, by chance, I happened to be looking at the right spot on the screen and luckily glimpsed that the message was coming from Sandboxie.

It is not happening when I am running anything sandboxed. The control program was running in the notification area but no sandboxes were active.

Today I was running Firefox and nothing else. In the background was PortableApps, Mouse Without Borders, Malwarebytes and some Dell stuff.

There was nothing in Sandboxie's log.

Any idea how to progress this?

Barb@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support

Re: Laptop Crashes - Windows 7

Post by Barb@Invincea » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:55 am

Hi dvd8n

Please try the latest beta:
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=26117
Be sure to use a new Sandbox with default settings:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=19746
What are the error messages that you are seeing?

Please check your computer for any outdated drivers to see if that helps.
You have multiple security software apps installed, they can typically conflict, you should reach out to their support site to ensure they can work fine with each other. Also, as a test, remove your AV software (disabling it may not make a differece) and see if the issue persists.

Could you please provide the full memory dump ( C:\Windows\MEMORY.dmp) so that our devs can review it? You can upload it to a file hosting site and provide us the link.
Without logs or crashes to review, we will not be able to assist .

Regards,
Barb.-