Strange error message with Chrome Beta & Dev

Please post your problem description here

Moderator: Barb@Invincea

CharlesCalthrop

Strange error message with Chrome Beta & Dev

Post by CharlesCalthrop » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:27 pm

I'm running 5.27.2 registered, on Win 64 Pro. This message started appearing when trying to run Chrome Beta (Version 72.0.3626.28 (Official Build) beta (64-bit)) in a sandbox:

SBIE2101 Object name not found: \BaseNamedObjects\IGFXKMDNotifyBatchBuffersComplete, error OpenEvent (C0000022) access=001F0003 initialized=1

It appears three times, and the browser then runs correctly in the sandbox and seems to be OK.

It also appears with Chrome Dev (Version 73.0.3642.0 (Official Build) dev (64-bit)).

It does *not* appear when using Chrome regular (Version 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit)).

Barb@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support

Re: Strange error message with Chrome Beta & Dev

Post by Barb@Invincea » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:51 am

Hi CharlesCalthrop ,

I tested on Windows 10 v1809 (not sure which one are you using) x64 and I was not able to reproduce the behavior. I tried these 2:
Dev Beta v 72.0.3626.28 64 bit
Chrome Canary v 73.0.3650.0 64 bit

Are you using any extensions?
Any AV software installed?
Did you delete the contents of your Sandbox prior to relaunching the updated browser?
Does the message prevent you from using Chrome? Otherwise, can you try hiding it to see if that affects functionality in any way?

Regards,
Barb.-

CharlesCalthrop

Post by CharlesCalthrop » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:25 pm

Hi - I'm using quite a few extensions, but I created a completely empty new profile as a test, switched Chrome to it, even deleted default Chrome apps from it, and tried running it in a sandbox - and the same message kept popping up.

I'm using Avira Pro, registered.

The browser works without any issues, the error message just has to be closed - its popup window always appears three times. After closing it three times, it stops showing up, and the browser runs and works without any hindrance.

Barb@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support

Post by Barb@Invincea » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:11 am

Hi CharlesCalthrop,

You can choose the "Hide" option so that the message does not appear again,

If you determine which extension is causing the problem, or if it is the antivirus software (you will have to fully remove the AV, reboot, test and see if the behavior changes, then you can re-install it) please let me know and I will give it a try.

Regards,
Barb.-