Cannot run any executables inside sandbox after Windows 10 October Update 1809 [Fixed in Beta 5.27.2]

Please post your problem description here

Moderator: Barb@Invincea

Crazy
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:47 am

Re: Cannot run any executables inside sandbox after Windows 10 October Update 1809

Post by Crazy » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:44 am

If u have a WinXP Virtual Machine you can install sandboxie and programs there, and grab the sandboxie folder of the installed program and move it to the Windows 10 installation. Most programs will work, others will not.

Special
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:07 pm

Re: Cannot run any executables inside sandbox after Windows 10 October Update 1809

Post by Special » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:47 am

blex0r wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:32 pm
A workaround to make installers work again is to add your %TEMP% directory with full access to the sandbox.
Is this safe? Will things leak out by doing this? I don't want to dirty up my registry/OS.

kai
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:19 pm

Re: Cannot run any executables inside sandbox after Windows 10 October Update 1809

Post by kai » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:29 pm

Special wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:47 am
blex0r wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:32 pm
A workaround to make installers work again is to add your %TEMP% directory with full access to the sandbox.
Is this safe? Will things leak out by doing this? I don't want to dirty up my registry/OS.
doesn't really help, at least to me....wondering when official update come out

Special
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:07 pm

Re: Cannot run any executables inside sandbox after Windows 10 October Update 1809

Post by Special » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:02 pm

I must say this is really unacceptable, it's not like 1809 hasn't been around for months in fast/slow rings, etc. you should have all this crap worked out and ready for users for when 1809 was out, Oct 2.

kai
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:19 pm

Re: Cannot run any executables inside sandbox after Windows 10 October Update 1809

Post by kai » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:15 pm

rolled back my system version to 1803, everything back to normal~

Mr.X
Posts: 602
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:34 am
Location: Mexico

Re: Cannot run any executables inside sandbox after Windows 10 October Update 1809

Post by Mr.X » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:02 pm

Special wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:02 pm
I must say this is really unacceptable, it's not like 1809 hasn't been around for months in fast/slow rings, etc. you should have all this crap worked out and ready for users for when 1809 was out, Oct 2.
Your demands are unacceptable I must say.
What do you know about last minute changes in some key inner workings in Windows that break Sandboxie?
Nothing for sure.
Windows 8.1 x64 EN | Sandboxie latest beta or stable | All software latest versions unless stated otherwise

Special
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:07 pm

Re: Cannot run any executables inside sandbox after Windows 10 October Update 1809

Post by Special » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:38 pm

ROFL, no sir, build as finalized way before they are released, and MS gives developers many ways to get their (censored) in order before major releases like this, such as AV vendors. It's clear Sandboxie dev's don't start looking into matters like this until it's too late.

Curt@invincea
Sandboxie Lead Developer
Sandboxie Lead Developer
Posts: 1661
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Cannot run any executables inside sandbox after Windows 10 October Update 1809

Post by Curt@invincea » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:57 pm

Special wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:38 pm
ROFL, no sir, build as finalized way before they are released, and MS gives developers many ways to get their (censored) in order before major releases like this, such as AV vendors. It's clear Sandboxie dev's don't start looking into matters like this until it's too late.
You have no idea what you are talking about. Up until 1809, Sandboxie did work with all pre-releases of Windows.

If you had not been rolling on the floor and laughing, a simple google search would have led you to the source of the problem. Here, I will do it for you: https://www.google.com/search?q=windows ... e&ie=UTF-8

I'll even give you some headlines:
Duck and cover: Turn off Windows Automatic Update and block the Win10 1809 upgrade
We don’t know if Microsoft still intends to push machines to the next version of Win10 on Tuesday, but given the horrific mess the 1809 upgrade created last week, you’d be well advised to lock everything down.

Microsoft pulls Windows 10 October Update (version 1809)
Microsoft cites problems with the latest update package deleting user files.

Microsoft pulls Windows 10 October 2018 Update after reports of documents being deleted
A major bug has hit some Windows 10 users

cxmhiiemn00
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:40 pm
Location: China

Re: Cannot run any executables inside sandbox after Windows 10 October Update 1809

Post by cxmhiiemn00 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:10 pm

Special wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:02 pm
I must say this is really unacceptable, it's not like 1809 hasn't been around for months in fast/slow rings, etc. you should have all this crap worked out and ready for users for when 1809 was out, Oct 2.
I have another PC running Windows insiders fast ring, on insiders build 17763 Sandboxie 5.27.1 beta works fine.

So the RTM release has the same UI bugs but different kernels.

This issue also happens on 19H1 build 18842, by the way.
Windows 10 1809 (17763) x64 | Sandboxie 5.27.1 beta | NOT WORKING
Windows 10 Insiders Fast 18242 x64 | Sandboxie 5.27.1 beta | NOT WORKING
Life-time unlimited license

danicx
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:23 pm

Re: Cannot run any executables inside sandbox after Windows 10 October Update 1809

Post by danicx » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:35 pm

Curt@invincea, is devs trying adapt SB to current 1809 or they waiting for MS fixes first? Is downgrade to 1803 better way for now or we need jus wait 2-3 days? (I deleted my old backups.... cos i dont read google after update!)

bo.elam
Sandboxie Guru
Sandboxie Guru
Posts: 2868
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:17 pm

Re: Cannot run any executables inside sandbox after Windows 10 October Update 1809

Post by bo.elam » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:16 pm

FWIW, I went back to 1803. I went back, not because Sandboxie not working well but because 1809 felt very messy. In fact, all I do sandboxed in a regular basis worked fine in 1809, except installing programs in the sandbox. For me personally, that was no reason to go back. Performance in general felt terrible, degraded in 1809. The problem is 1809 not Sandboxie. I hope if 1809 is pushed again tomorrow, I don't get it as I don't want it for now.

Bo

Special
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:07 pm

Re: Cannot run any executables inside sandbox after Windows 10 October Update 1809

Post by Special » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:26 am

Curt@invincea wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:57 pm
If you had not been rolling on the floor and laughing, a simple google search would have led you to the source of the problem. Here, I will do it for you: https://www.google.com/search?q=windows ... e&ie=UTF-8

I'll even give you some headlines:
Duck and cover: Turn off Windows Automatic Update and block the Win10 1809 upgrade
We don’t know if Microsoft still intends to push machines to the next version of Win10 on Tuesday, but given the horrific mess the 1809 upgrade created last week, you’d be well advised to lock everything down.

Microsoft pulls Windows 10 October Update (version 1809)
Microsoft cites problems with the latest update package deleting user files.

Microsoft pulls Windows 10 October 2018 Update after reports of documents being deleted
A major bug has hit some Windows 10 users
What is your point? I know MS pulled the update, it was still released officially and for 3 days, and a lot of people are on it, and SB is busted with no beta... And sorry but I found Mr. X's "Your demands are unacceptable" that I want a working product unacceptable, stockholm syndrome is strong in that one.

It's good to know you know how to Google though.

kai
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:19 pm

Re: Cannot run any executables inside sandbox after Windows 10 October Update 1809

Post by kai » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:35 am

bo.elam wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:16 pm
FWIW, I went back to 1803. I went back, not because Sandboxie not working well but because 1809 felt very messy. In fact, all I do sandboxed in a regular basis worked fine in 1809, except installing programs in the sandbox. For me personally, that was no reason to go back. Performance in general felt terrible, degraded in 1809. The problem is 1809 not Sandboxie. I hope if 1809 is pushed again tomorrow, I don't get it as I don't want it for now.

Bo
deleted a 1803 backup image by mistake...fortunately was able to roll back to 1803 by using tool that MS provided... :D

Barb@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support
Posts: 2831
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:10 pm

Re: Cannot run any executables inside sandbox after Windows 10 October Update 1809

Post by Barb@Invincea » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:36 am

All,

To sum up, we are aware of the issue. We are working on it.
Possible workaround submitted by user: viewtopic.php?p=134888#p134888
I am closing this thread for now. We will re-open it with updates.


Regards,
Barb.-

Barb@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support
Posts: 2831
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:10 pm

Re: Cannot run any executables inside sandbox after Windows 10 October Update 1809

Post by Barb@Invincea » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:19 pm

All,

This issue has been addressed in beta 5.27.2
Please find it below (and report any issues in the beta thread):
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=26117#p134653

Thank you.
Barb.-

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests