Copy and Paste: Interference

Please post your problem description here

Moderator: Barb@Invincea

derekcomedy

Copy and Paste: Interference

Post by derekcomedy » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:21 am

The Windows version number? (i.e. Windows 7 32bit, 8.1 x64, etc)
Windows 10 latest updates 64bit

Sandboxie version number (SBIE v5.23.3? 5.22?)
5.26 64bit

NAME & Version/build numbers of any applications involved? (Chrome v43, FF45 etc)
Java platform SE 8 applet

Are you running antivirus/anti-malware software? (AVG, Live Essentials..etc)
Yes, bitdefender Total Security 2018 build 22.0.21.297

What are the exact steps to reproduce the issue? (Launch app X, perform X actions, etc)
Launch app X within Sandboxie environment.
Attempt to perform copy and paste function (whether in Sandboxie environment or outside Sandboxie environment)
Paste action deposits text reading "You cannot copy and paste while app X is running"

Barb@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support

Re: Copy and Paste: Interference

Post by Barb@Invincea » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:22 am

Hello derekcomedy,

I need further info:
Where are you copying from, and where to? "App X " doesn't really tell us much.
How is the Java applet related to this issue ?

A few suggestions in the meantime:
Try a new Sandbox with default settings (Sandboxie control--> Sandbox --> Create new sandbox --> Give it a name, make sure that the bottom dropdown for copying settings is set to "none")

Confirm that the behavior does not occur outside Sandboxie.

Regards,
Barb.-

derekcomedy

Post by derekcomedy » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:12 pm

Hi Barb,

Thank you for helping me!

The java applet is related to the issue because it is the program that is hijacking the clipboard.

Let's call the java applet app "Learnatron 3003"
"App X" (which could be any app: Microsoft word, notepad, Chrome, Spotify, Anki, Paint, even Learnatron 3003)

There are four actions that reproduce this problem
Copying from Learnatron 3003, pasting to Learnatron 3003
Copying from Learnatron 3003, pasting to App X
Copying from App X, pasting to Learnatron 3003
Copying from App X, pasting to App X

The problem persists when Learnatron 3003 is running in sandboxied or native enivronments.
The problem persists when App X is running in sandboxied or native environments.
The problem persists when Learnatron 3003 AND App X are running in sandboxied environment
The problem persists when Learnatron 3003 AND App X are running in native environments
The problem persists whether Learnatron 3003 OR App X is running in sandboxied environment (while the other is not)

When pasting--regardless of what has been copied--the output reads something like, "Learnatron 3003 is preventing you from using copy and paste functions, please turn off Learnatron 3003 to use copy and paste functions"

Sometimes--and this is only sometimes--I am able to successfully paste if I move fast enough. It is as if Learnatron 3003 is loading the "Learnatron 3003 is preventing you..." message into my clipboard in set intervals. When I say "sometimes" I don't mean "sometimes I am fast enough" I mean "sometimes this problem presents as if the message is being loaded into my clipboard in set intervals" at other times speed (even with near instantaneous automation) cannot overcome the obstacle.

Barb@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support

Post by Barb@Invincea » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:35 pm

Hello derekcomedy,

Are you stating the issue happens outside Sandboxie? If that's the case, then you will need to fix your host's problems prior to troubleshooting Sandboxie.
If that's not the case, I will need examples with actual programs to test, since we do not have -at the moment- any other reported issues for the clipboard. Another thing you should add is the full error message(s) so that we can further investigate .

Did you test a new Sandbox with default settings?
Are there any global templates enabled? Please post a copy of your Sandboxie configuration file:
Configure--> Edit configuration
Copy-paste the contents here
Highlight them and hit the "</>" button to format it.

Also, see if your AV software is causing any interference (remove it completely and re-try. After testing, please re-install your AV).

Regards,
Barb.-