BSOD boot loop after yesterday's Windows update

Please post your problem description here

Moderator: Barb@Invincea

Meidengroep

BSOD boot loop after yesterday's Windows update

Post by Meidengroep » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:54 pm

Windows updated when I shut it down yesterday. When I booted it up today, I got stuck in a boot loop where it would keep BSODing before I got into Windows. The error specified Sanboxie drivers. After renaming the Sandboxie installation folder using the recovery command line, I was able to boot again because Sanboxie could not load. As I am typing this, I realise I should have checked the version number of Sanboxie before uninstalling it just now. I think it said 5.12.4 but I'm not sure. I realise its an old version, but I thought I'd share the issue anyway in case it is something that could happen in newer versions as well.

The BSOD had the following message:
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
What Failed: SbieDrv.sys

I individually tried my RAM sticks and disconnected all my other HDD's, but they were not the issue.

urbizupi

SbieDrv.sys boot error (page_fault_in_nonpaged_area)

Post by urbizupi » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:15 am

Hi!

When I try to boot up my PC the page_fault_in_nonpaged_area BSOD appears and comes with "What failed: SbieDrv.sys" error at the bottom. I already tested my RAM sticks and non of them seems to be bad. I tried to boot into Safe mode to try and uninstall Sandboxie but I can't get into Safe mode too. Is there anything I can do to maybe manually uninstall it via CMD or are there other solutions.

Thanks in advance.

urbizupi

Barb@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support

Re: BSOD boot loop after yesterday's Windows update

Post by Barb@Invincea » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:45 am

All,

Please provide all of this info:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=19746

And a copy of your Sandboxie config file:
Configure--> Edit Configuration
Copy/paste the contents in the forums
Highlight the pasted contents in the forums and click on the top button "</>" to format them.

Also, please upload a dmp file so that the devs can have a look. The dump files are typically found under C:\Windows ---> MEMORY.dmp
You will need to upload it to a file hosting site as it will be a big file. (Please do not upload the minidump, we need the full thing).

Regards,
Barb.-

PS: If you are stuck in a loop, boot into Safemode and remove Sandboxie from the computer's startup. Then reboot to normal mode.
If you are unable to do this, please specify what's happening.