Opera v54 -Blank Pages OR SBIE2224 - Sandboxe program has crashed opera.exe [FIXED in 5.26RC]

Please post your problem description here

Moderator: Barb@Invincea

EiPx
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:10 pm

Opera v54 -Blank Pages OR SBIE2224 - Sandboxe program has crashed opera.exe [FIXED in 5.26RC]

Post by EiPx » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:02 pm

When sandboxed, Opera 54 will not be able to load completely. Only blank page with the "loading" tab.
Furthermore, the -no-sandbox workaround does not work anymore.

Windows 10 1803 64bit, Windows defender
Sandboxie 5.25.6
Opera 54.0.2952.41 64bit

recobb
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:40 am

Opera v54 -SBIE2224 - Sandboxe program has crashed opera.exe

Post by recobb » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:51 pm

Opera has been working well in Sandboxie, and I had been using it today. After a reboot (re-installing a Prolific serial/usb driver) it now fails to load every page.

I receive this Sandboxie error: SBIE2224 Sandboxed program has crashed: opera.exe [DefaultBox]
However, Opera remains open, and I can switch between tabs (from a previous session), but every tab or page I try Opera gives me this error:
"Page crashed
Unfortunately, something caused this page to quit. It might have been an extensions conflict or some other reason.
Try reloading the page, or navigate to another page to continue."

Opera has no problem outside of Sandboxie. I am using the --no-sandbox option on Opera

I created a new sandbox and tried running Opera in it, but I still get the same problem. I can run Firefox sandboxed with no problem.

Latest version are reported for Opera and Sandboxie: 54.0.2952.41 and 5.25.4, respectively.

Aside from the driver (re)installation, no other changes or updates were made between the time it worked and didn't. While I do not see a likely connection with the driver (which I have used before, but apparently it gets replaced by Windows updates and a key piece of software stops working), here is a link to the problem and driver used to solve it:
http://www.totalcardiagnostics.com/supp ... e-10-error

Thanks,

Richard Cobb

nanana1
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:57 pm

Re: Opera Suddenly Started Crashing in Sandboxie

Post by nanana1 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:19 pm

recobb wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:51 pm
Opera has been working well in Sandboxie, and I had been using it today. After a reboot (re-installing a Prolific serial/usb driver) it now fails to load every page.

I receive this Sandboxie error: SBIE2224 Sandboxed program has crashed: opera.exe [DefaultBox]
However, Opera remains open, and I can switch between tabs (from a previous session), but every tab or page I try Opera gives me this error:
"Page crashed
Unfortunately, something caused this page to quit. It might have been an extensions conflict or some other reason.
Try reloading the page, or navigate to another page to continue."

Opera has no problem outside of Sandboxie. I am using the --no-sandbox option on Opera

I created a new sandbox and tried running Opera in it, but I still get the same problem. I can run Firefox sandboxed with no problem.

Latest version are reported for Opera and Sandboxie: 54.0.2952.41 and 5.25.4, respectively.

Aside from the driver (re)installation, no other changes or updates were made between the time it worked and didn't. While I do not see a likely connection with the driver (which I have used before, but apparently it gets replaced by Windows updates and a key piece of software stops working), here is a link to the problem and driver used to solve it:
http://www.totalcardiagnostics.com/supp ... e-10-error

Thanks,

Richard Cobb

Hi Richard,

For Opera 54 Stable version, you should remove --no-sandbox option for it to run and load web pages but then you will not be able to play video and audio content on some websites :evil:

The developer should really have fixed these Opera compatibility issues which have been outstanding for more than 9 months now :cry:
nanana1, a paid lifetime license Sandboxie user

TomTom88
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:08 am

Re: Opera Suddenly Started Crashing in Sandboxie

Post by TomTom88 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:15 am

I reported the same problem and I totally concur.

The "--no-sandbox"-command line parameter seems to be no longer an option as it will crash Opera54 immediately and without it most videos (e.g. "us.cnn.com") won't play.

For some reasons (forum-newbie?) my posts are regularly withheld from publication pending review and then refused so that my repeated problem reports concerning opera have not become visible to the forum community. To be honest I find this a little bit strange.

greetings
TomTom

----- MERGED POST ----
Only thing is, that badly needed workaround is no longer an option!

Since the update to Opera_54stable the browser will crash immediately when opened in Sandboxie, including its latest beta v.5.25b6-implementation.

Without that switch opera will start but become almost unusable for video playback embedded in web-sites. This problem has been known since Opera45 (a long time ago!) but unfortunately hasn't been fixed/attended to by Sandboxie-development. And now we have: Rien-ne-vas-plus!

greetings

TomTom

------ MERGED POST 2 -------
Hello,
unfortunately with Opera v.54 (the old) problems are back, including with brandnew SB_5.25_b6 version of Sandboxie.

Since Opera_v.54 the browser crashes immediately on opening in SB (including latest 5.25_b6) with the (interim-solution-)-command-line-switch:
"--no-sandbox".

Without this command-line-switch the browser will open normally - BUT then again many videos will not play, including again all videos at "us.cnn.com".

Environment:
Win7_pro64, latest service packs
SB_5.25_b6
Opera v54_0_2952_41_Setup_x64.exe
any video at e.g. "us.cnn.com" (and many others)
with or without antivirus, e.g. "Malwarebytes"

greetings

TomTom88

recobb
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:40 am

Re: Opera Suddenly Started Crashing in Sandboxie

Post by recobb » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:38 am

For Opera 54 Stable version, you should remove --no-sandbox option for it to run and load web pages but then you will not be able to play video and audio content on some websites
I just tried that. No more crash messages, or errors from Opera, but all the pages I open are blank, and stay that way after a reload.

Barb@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support
Posts: 2981
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:10 pm

Re: Opera v54 -SBIE2224 - Sandboxe program has crashed opera.exe

Post by Barb@Invincea » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:30 am

All,
all the pages I open are blank, and stay that way after a reload.
This issue seems to affect Windows 10 only.

On windows 7 and 8.1, if you had the "-no-sandbox" flag on, turning it off will allow Opera v54 to launch and work.
For more information about the "no-sandbox" flag, please see:
viewtopic.php?p=133439#p133439

I have made the devs aware about the Win 10 + Opera 54 issue (as well as the crashes with the flag). We will update this thread whenever more information becomes available.

Regards,
Barb.-

TomTom88
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:08 am

Re: Opera v54 -SBIE2224 - Sandboxe program has crashed opera.exe

Post by TomTom88 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:09 pm

Barb@Invincea wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:30 am
I have made the devs aware about the Win 10 + Opera 54 issue (as well as the crashes with the flag). We will update this thread whenever more information becomes available.
With having run out of feasible "workaround-options" for Opera54 - are there any further suggestions what we are supposed to do in the meantime to handle the problem until this issue might be solved in an upcoming SB-version - which might be weeks (if not months) away, given the current update-cycle of latest beta-versions which seems to have increased to typically 3 weeks by now with usually offering only minor fixes of mostly entirely unrelated nature - although this most annoying issue seems to persist AND be well-known since basically Opera45 (released over a year ago)?

greetings
TomTom

Barb@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support
Posts: 2981
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:10 pm

Re: Opera v54 -Blank Pages OR SBIE2224 - Sandboxe program has crashed opera.exe

Post by Barb@Invincea » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:04 am

Hello TomTom88,

There is no ETA at this time. If anything new comes up, we will update the threads as usual.

You can find out more info about what's our support focus by visiting this announcement:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24980

As a workaround, you can use one of the major supported browsers for the time being (Firefox, IE, Chrome).

Regards,
Barb.-

Curt@invincea
Sandboxie Lead Developer
Sandboxie Lead Developer
Posts: 1666
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Opera v54 -Blank Pages OR SBIE2224 - Sandboxe program has crashed opera.exe

Post by Curt@invincea » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:38 pm

Try adding the following line to your sandboxie.ini:

OpenIpcPath=*\Sessions\*\BaseNamedObjects\CrSharedMem_*

You will still need to run opera with the --no-sandbox option.

nanana1
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:57 pm

Re: Opera v54 -Blank Pages OR SBIE2224 - Sandboxe program has crashed opera.exe

Post by nanana1 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:27 pm

Curt@invincea wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:38 pm
Try adding the following line to your sandboxie.ini:

OpenIpcPath=*\Sessions\*\BaseNamedObjects\CrSharedMem_*

You will still need to run opera with the --no-sandbox option.
Thank you, Curt, tried your above workaround and my Opera Developer 56.0.3003.0 can now be launched and is working well too ! :lol:
nanana1, a paid lifetime license Sandboxie user

recobb
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:40 am

Re: Opera v54 -Blank Pages OR SBIE2224 - Sandboxe program has crashed opera.exe

Post by recobb » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:18 pm

Yep, the ini addition worked for me too. Thanks!!

debu
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:16 pm

Re: Opera v54 -Blank Pages OR SBIE2224 - Sandboxe program has crashed opera.exe

Post by debu » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:29 pm

1. Is there a particualar location in Sandboxie.ini

OpenIpcPath=*\Sessions\*\BaseNamedObjects\CrSharedMem_*

should be placed?

I tried to c/p at the very bottom but it didn't work using both the -no-sandbox and --no-sandbox options.

2. In Win10 until Opera 54 was released I had been using "-no-sandbox". I see that now "--no-sandbox" is being suggested. Is the double hyphen the correct option?

Thank you.

nanana1
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:57 pm

Re: Opera v54 -Blank Pages OR SBIE2224 - Sandboxe program has crashed opera.exe

Post by nanana1 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:08 am

nanana1 wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:27 pm
Curt@invincea wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:38 pm
Try adding the following line to your sandboxie.ini:

OpenIpcPath=*\Sessions\*\BaseNamedObjects\CrSharedMem_*

You will still need to run opera with the --no-sandbox option.
Thank you, Curt, tried your above workaround and my Opera Developer 56.0.3003.0 can now be launched and is working well too ! :lol:
Hi Curt,

Just by adding your suggested "OpenIpcPath=*\Sessions\*\BaseNamedObjects\CrSharedMem_*" entry to the sandboxie.ini works to launch Opera Developer 56.0.3003.0 on my Windows 7 SP1 64-bit. :lol:

Further adding "--no-sandbox" option to the shortcut icon properties will enable embedded videos and audios to play but it causes Sandboxie to bypass my Resource Access->File Access->Direct Access settings and restriction leading to compromise in my browser security and so I cannot apply the "--no-sandbox" option :cry:
nanana1, a paid lifetime license Sandboxie user

Curt@invincea
Sandboxie Lead Developer
Sandboxie Lead Developer
Posts: 1666
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Opera v54 -Blank Pages OR SBIE2224 - Sandboxe program has crashed opera.exe

Post by Curt@invincea » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:23 am

nanana1 wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:08 am

Further adding "--no-sandbox" option to the shortcut icon properties will enable embedded videos and audios to play but it causes Sandboxie to bypass my Resource Access->File Access->Direct Access settings and restriction leading to compromise in my browser security and so I cannot apply the "--no-sandbox" option :cry:
I know of no reason why --no-sandbox would have any effect on your Sbie settings. That is a Chromium flag that tells Opera not to use its internal sandbox, which is not necessary with Sbie. The Sbie settings will work as they normally do.

nanana1
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:57 pm

Re: Opera v54 -Blank Pages OR SBIE2224 - Sandboxe program has crashed opera.exe

Post by nanana1 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:34 am

Curt@invincea wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:23 am
nanana1 wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:08 am

Further adding "--no-sandbox" option to the shortcut icon properties will enable embedded videos and audios to play but it causes Sandboxie to bypass my Resource Access->File Access->Direct Access settings and restriction leading to compromise in my browser security and so I cannot apply the "--no-sandbox" option :cry:
I know of no reason why --no-sandbox would have any effect on your Sbie settings. That is a Chromium flag that tells Opera not to use its internal sandbox, which is not necessary with Sbie. The Sbie settings will work as they normally do.

You are right, Curt, my bad, I found the culprit on my system that causes the leak and with that I am all good to go with both "OpenIpcPath=*\Sessions\*\BaseNamedObjects\CrSharedMem_*" and "--no-sandbox" as workaround fixes for the use of Opera browsers on my Windows 7 SP1 64-bit :D
nanana1, a paid lifetime license Sandboxie user

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 5 guests