Firefox slow to open with LastPass

Please post your problem description here

Moderator: Barb@Invincea

KiwiKid

Firefox slow to open with LastPass

Post by KiwiKid » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:05 am

Firefox(sandboxed) takes approximately three times as long to fully load with LassPass extension enabled. Are there any settings I should change to improve this without sacrificing security?

KiwiKid

Re: Firefox slow to open with LastPass

Post by KiwiKid » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:03 pm

I think I have fixed it. Sandboxie's template gives OpenFilePath rights(if that's the correct terminology) to "LastPass " folder when LastPass is actually stored in "support@lastpass.com" folder.

Guest10

Re: Firefox slow to open with LastPass

Post by Guest10 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:04 am

KiwiKid wrote:Sandboxie's template gives OpenFilePath rights(if that's the correct terminology) to "LastPass " folder when LastPass is actually stored in "support@lastpass.com" folder.
That particular folder is located in the Firefox profile folder, underneath an "extensions" sub-folder.
That's not the folder that is intended to have Direct Access, by the LastPass template.

On my 64-bit Win 10 PC the "LastPass" folder is located at "C:\Users\(username)\AppData\LocalLow\LastPass".
That location may not be available on your PC, depending on your OS version, 32-bit or 64-bits.

The template assumes that the "LastPass" folder will be located somewhere under your %UserProfile% folder, at:
OpenFilePath=<Template_LastPass>,%USERPROFILE%\*\LastPass\*
but when I installed the latest "LastPass Universal Windows Installer" on my 32-bit VirtualBox install of XP, I found that the "LastPass" folder was actually installed at "C:\LastPass".

So I suggest that you do a Search for the "LastPass" folder on your computer and allow firefox.exe to have Direct Access (OpenFilePath) to that folder.
Or, add a setting to the configuration for the sandbox that will allow firefox.exe to have Direct Access to the "LastPass" folder, wherever it's located:
OpenFilePath=firefox.exe,*\LastPass\*
Paul
Win 10 Home 64-bit (w/admin rights) - Zone Alarm Pro Firewall, MalwareBytes Premium A/V, Firefox, Thunderbird
Sandboxie user since March 2007