HitmanPro Alert crashes Chrome in Sandboxie

Please post your problem description here

Moderator: Barb@Invincea

bo.elam
Sandboxie Guru
Sandboxie Guru

Re: HitmanPro Alert crashes Chrome in Sandboxie

Post by bo.elam » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:29 pm

Hi Craig. I don't use MBAE or HMPA, and never have. But I think, things related to compatibility between HMPA and Sandboxie have gotten better lately. Not only Page42 is now able to use HMPA along Sandboxie without ticking the Software compatibility setting that are available from the SBIE side but also John. In both of this guys case, ticking the compatibility setting for HMPA actually make things worst. Maybe those settings are now old and obsolete. Or, maybe they make things better for some users and not for others.
John wrote: I believe I found the problem I was having. I am running Hitman Pro Alert, I turned off the SB software compatibility for this program and FF 39 and IE 11 are now running normally sandboxed. This took some time to find, including 3 restores :) but it is well worth it to have my Sandboxie protection again. Cheers
http://forums.sandboxie.com/phpBB3/view ... 90#p111359

Bo

Page42

Re: HitmanPro Alert crashes Chrome in Sandboxie

Post by Page42 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:26 am

I posted this on Wilders and should do the same here, as it has direct impact on the topic as I first posted it.

A couple of days ago, I discovered that HMPA was protecting lots of applications, but not Chrome or Foxit Reader. Amazing that it took me a couple of days to realize that. Embarrassing, actually, that I did not realize that sooner. In my own defense, once I got HMPA to run without crashing Chrome, plus running SB, I was stoked. I should have recognized that it wasn't doing its job fully.

At that point, I decided to use SB compatibility settings in each individual sandbox for Chrome and Foxit (Chrome Sandbox\Sandbox Settings\Application\Security/Privacy\Hitman Pro Alert) but I did not select HMPA compatibility option in the main console (Sandboxie Control\Configure\Software Compatibility\Hitman Pro Alert). This is what is now working well for me.

Both of those applications (Chrome and Foxit Reader) are now protected by HMPA and I have no stability issues. The compatibility setting in the SB main console remains unticked, as I am now successfully using SB's compatibility settings in each individual sandbox

Hopefully that is the final word on it for me.
My security setup: Sandboxie, and some other stuff.