SBIE2331 Service start failed: [22 / 5] Access is denied.

Please post your problem description here

Moderator: Barb@Invincea

Guest10

Post by Guest10 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:43 am

Later reports in the forum suggest that installing SP1 for Win 7 also cures their problem.
Paul
Win 10 Home 64-bit (w/admin rights) - Zone Alarm Pro Firewall, MalwareBytes Premium A/V, Firefox, Thunderbird
Sandboxie user since March 2007

Raynee

why can this not be fixed

Post by Raynee » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:16 am

Same report even after going to the 4. what ever I was going to buy this and not just use the free one. but it stops working there is no easy fix. No one to getahold of but on forms. Anyone Know if there is another program that works like this one. Or will Sandboxie fix it b4 i spend my money.

Raynee

error message

Post by Raynee » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:45 am

bo.elam wrote:You guys having problems can put an end to it by installing SP1 in W7. Today, I did Windows updates on both of my computers (W7 SP1/XP SP3) and Sandboxie/Windows/everything is working great afterward.

Bo
I have this update and still not working

Guest10

Re: error message

Post by Guest10 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:42 am

Raynee wrote:I have this update and still not working
Maybe you should take advantage of tzuk's offer and post a copy of your NTOSKRNL.EXE file from C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 on a file hosting site, and then post a link to it in a message here.
One possible site to use:
http://www.4shared.com/

From a recent thread (read to the end):
http://www.sandboxie.com/phpbb/viewtopi ... c&start=38
Paul
Win 10 Home 64-bit (w/admin rights) - Zone Alarm Pro Firewall, MalwareBytes Premium A/V, Firefox, Thunderbird
Sandboxie user since March 2007

bo.elam
Sandboxie Guru
Sandboxie Guru

Re: error message

Post by bo.elam » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:11 pm

Raynee wrote:
bo.elam wrote:You guys having problems can put an end to it by installing SP1 in W7. Today, I did Windows updates on both of my computers (W7 SP1/XP SP3) and Sandboxie/Windows/everything is working great afterward.

Bo
I have this update and still not working
Sorry to read that Raynee. I suggest you do as Guest10 suggested, "and post a copy of your NTOSKRNL.EXE file from C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32". By doing so, you ll be helping Tzuk help you and others. Another solution that has worked for some people is to upgrade your SBIE install to V4.01.05.
Raynee wrote: Anyone Know if there is another program that works like this one. Or will Sandboxie fix it b4 i spend my money.
In my honest opinion, there is no program like Sandboxie. There are other programs that do sandboxing but none does it as well as Sandboxie. Help SBIE help you and post here or send Tzuk a copy of your NTOSKRNL.EXE.

Bo

Newbeak

Re: SBIE2331 Service start failed: [22 / 5] Access is denied.

Post by Newbeak » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:00 pm

I have an older Toshiba laptop running Vista Home Basic. I have had problems running Sandboxie on this machine. I uninstalled it and reinstalled from the Sandboxie website without luck. I get the subject error msg,and Sandboxie does not run. Please advise,thanks! :cry:

bo.elam
Sandboxie Guru
Sandboxie Guru

Post by bo.elam » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:26 pm

Newbeak wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:00 pm
I have an older Toshiba laptop running Vista Home Basic. I have had problems running Sandboxie on this machine. I uninstalled it and reinstalled from the Sandboxie website without luck.
Try installing Sandboxie 5.22. I think thats the last (as reported by other users) SBIE version to work with Vista.

You can get the installer from this link.
https://www.sandboxie.com/AllVersions

Bo

Newbeak

Post by Newbeak » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:16 pm

:D Thanks,bo.elam,I did just that a few minutes ago,and it worked! I can't update Firefox in Vista either,but at least the version I have is now sandboxed!