SBIE2331 Service start failed: [22 / 5] Access is denied.

Please post your problem description here

Moderator: Barb@Invincea

PDX

Post by PDX » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:30 pm

Hello,

I’ve been using Sanboxie for a couple of weeks, then all of a sudden I’m getting this message;

Regarding;

* Delete the contents of your sandbox and check if it makes a difference.

* Make sure you use the latest official version of Sandboxie or the latest beta version.

INCLUDE IN YOUR PROBLEM REPORT:

* The version number of Sandboxie that you use. In Sandboxie Control program, select Help menu, then click About Sandboxie.

* The version number of Windows that you use, and if it is a 64-bit version.

* Specify clear names for any third-party software that are involved. Be sure to include download links for such software.

Before I found this, I tried reinstalling, then removing and reinstalling the latest version again.

I can’t delete the contents of my sandbox because the Sandboxie Control program won’t run.

I’m running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any info!
Tom

sandman202

I am having the same problem

Post by sandman202 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:59 pm

I am getting the same thing.

I downloaded Sandboxie over a month ago on a trial basis without a problem. A few days ago I started to receive the trial is up and I had to wait 5 seconds. After about 3 days of this message, it stopped working. I keep receiving the same error as you Tom.

Sandboxie 3.76 64 bit
Windows 7 64 bit

I have tried all solutions on this website without any luck.

Shinitenshi

Post by Shinitenshi » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:46 am

Unistall KB2813170 updat

Pollux

same problem

Post by Pollux » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:49 am

I am getting the same Error since my last windows update...

Sandboxie 3.76 64 bit
Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

tzuk
Sandboxie Founder
Sandboxie Founder

Post by tzuk » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:38 am

I don't know yet which some people experience this problem. On my system version 3.76 does not behave with KB2813170 installed. Please try to upgrade to version 4.01.05 as a workaround. (It's a beta version, but already fairly stable.)

http://www.sandboxie.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=14453
tzuk

OLd Bill

I have the same problem.

Post by OLd Bill » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:55 am

What is the matter i have the same problem? i reinstalled it more than 20times and nothing changes...

Same error why? how to fix it? please tell me .-.

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Guest10

Re: I have the same problem.

Post by Guest10 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:44 pm

OLd Bill wrote:Same error why? how to fix it? please tell me .
So, did you uninstall KB2813170 in Control Panel > Add/Remove programs?
You may need to check mark a box there, to "Show Updates", in order to find that Windows update.
Paul
Win 10 Home 64-bit (w/admin rights) - Zone Alarm Pro Firewall, MalwareBytes Premium A/V, Firefox, Thunderbird
Sandboxie user since March 2007

Fred

Upgraded to 4.01.05 still the same problem

Post by Fred » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:45 pm

tzuk wrote:I don't know yet which some people experience this problem. On my system version 3.76 does not behave with KB2813170 installed. Please try to upgrade to version 4.01.05 as a workaround. (It's a beta version, but already fairly stable.)

http://www.sandboxie.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=14453
as noted elsewhere the windows update which conflicts does not seem crucial
thus I await a solution

Allover

Post by Allover » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:11 pm

I am having the same issue :twisted:

Svegeth

Post by Svegeth » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:43 am

Me too..Please help us :(

bo.elam
Sandboxie Guru
Sandboxie Guru

Post by bo.elam » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:16 am

You guys having problems can put an end to it by installing SP1 in W7. Today, I did Windows updates on both of my computers (W7 SP1/XP SP3) and Sandboxie/Windows/everything is working great afterward.

Bo

Old Bill

Post by Old Bill » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:27 am

Guest10 wrote:
You may need to check mark a box there, to "Show Updates", in order to find that Windows update.

Yes i uninstall it from Control Panel...

pdx

Re: I am having the same problem

Post by pdx » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:47 pm

sandman202 wrote:I am getting the same thing.

I downloaded Sandboxie over a month ago on a trial basis without a problem. A few days ago I started to receive the trial is up and I had to wait 5 seconds. After about 3 days of this message, it stopped working. I keep receiving the same error as you Tom.

Sandboxie 3.76 64 bit
Windows 7 64 bit

I have tried all solutions on this website without any luck.
Hey sandman, I tried this:

You guys having problems can put an end to it by installing SP1 in W7. Today, I did Windows updates on both of my computers (W7 SP1/XP SP3) and Sandboxie/Windows/everything is working great afterward.

And it worked for me, give it a try...

Thanks for all the replies

Luziferum

Post by Luziferum » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:45 pm

Old Bill wrote:
Guest10 wrote:

Yes i uninstall it from Control Panel...

Hey you guys,
I have a very similiar problem (see post "service and driver problem after fresh install"), but I really don't think that uninstalling KB 2813170 will have a good impact on your system.
This update is rated "important for all supported releases of Mircrosoft Windows".

• Official Microsoft Information: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/secu ... n/ms13-031
    General Information
    Executive Summary

This security update resolves two privately reported vulnerabilities in Microsoft Windows. The vulnerabilities could allow elevation of privilege if an attacker logs on to the system and runs a specially crafted application. An attacker must have valid logon credentials and be able to log on locally to exploit these vulnerabilities.

This security update is rated Important for all supported releases of Microsoft Windows. For more information, see the subsection, Affected and Non-Affected Software, in this section.

The security update addresses the vulnerability by correcting the way that the Windows kernel handles objects in memory. For more information about the vulnerability, see the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) subsection for the specific vulnerability entry under the next section, Vulnerability Information.

Recommendation. Most customers have automatic updating enabled and will not need to take any action because this security update will be downloaded and installed automatically. Customers who have not enabled automatic updating need to check for updates and install this update manually. For information about specific configuration options in automatic updating, see Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 294871.

For administrators and enterprise installations, or end users who want to install this security update manually, Microsoft recommends that customers apply the update at the earliest opportunity using update management software, or by checking for updates using the Microsoft Update service.
@tzuk: I'll try the beta 4.01.05 and report if the workaround did it's job. Thank's for the beta!

Luziferum

Post by Luziferum » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:00 pm

ok, I just found this in another (releated) topic:
BrokenOne wrote:Just as a sort of additional info to KB2813170:

The security flaw this patch fixes should be rather insignificant for the most of us:
This security update resolves two privately reported vulnerabilities in Microsoft Windows. The vulnerabilities could allow elevation of privilege if an attacker logs on to the system and runs a specially crafted application. An attacker must have valid logon credentials and be able to log on locally to exploit these vulnerabilities.

So if you don`t expect ninja hacker thieves wanting to steal your very secret data not installing it wont be that big of a deal (at least for me).

But I will try the new sandibox update as soon as it is out of beta.