Opening "This PC" in any explorer dialog causes freeze

Please post your problem description here

Moderator: Barb@Invincea

predprey

Opening "This PC" in any explorer dialog causes freeze

Post by predprey » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:42 am

Operating System: Windows 10 1803 17134.165
Every time a file explorer tries to open "This PC", the application in question freezes up for at least 30 seconds before the tree node is expanded. Performance is noticeably worse than an unsandboxed explorer.

Barb@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support

Re: Opening "This PC" in any explorer dialog causes freeze

Post by Barb@Invincea » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:20 am

Hello predprey,

I cannot repro using Win 10 x64 1803 17134.191
Please provide all the required information:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=19746

Add the following:
Test inside a new Sandbox with default settings
Sbie Control --> Sandbox --> Create new Sandbox
Ensure the bottom part (copy settings) is set to None

Also, please include your configuration file
Configure --> Edit configuration
Copy/paste the contents, highlight them and click on the "</>" button for format them in your response.

Are you using any Explorer addons? (Such as total commander or similar?).
Do other explorer folders load up fine?
How about programs / files, do they work fine in the sandbox?

Regards,
Barb.-

predprey

Post by predprey » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:26 pm

Sorry, here are the information required.
Win 10 x64 1803 17134.191
Sandboxie 5.26 x64
Windows Explorer
Running MalwareBytes 3.5.1.2522 with real time protection
To reproduce I can just "Run Windows Explorer" and the window pops up but takes a while to load up the devices and drives section. I have 2 secondary drives and 1 bluray drive. Problem still occurs even if I wake the secondary drives if they were spinned down from inactivity.

Config file:

Code: Select all

[GlobalSettings]

Template=7zipShellEx
Template=WindowsRasMan
Template=WindowsLive
Template=OfficeLicensing
ActivationPrompt=n

[UserSettings_086001AA]

SbieCtrl_UserName=predprey
SbieCtrl_NextUpdateCheck=1533870438
SbieCtrl_UpdateCheckNotify=n
SbieCtrl_ShowWelcome=n
SbieCtrl_EnableLogonStart=n
SbieCtrl_EnableAutoStart=y
SbieCtrl_AddDesktopIcon=n
SbieCtrl_AddQuickLaunchIcon=n
SbieCtrl_AddContextMenu=y
SbieCtrl_AddSendToMenu=y
SbieCtrl_WindowCoords=418,44,1155,591
SbieCtrl_ActiveView=40021
SbieCtrl_ProcessViewColumnWidths=250,70,300
SbieCtrl_AutoApplySettings=n
SbieCtrl_BoxExpandedView=Test

[Test]

Enabled=y
ConfigLevel=7
AutoRecover=y
BlockNetworkFiles=y
Template=qWave
Template=WindowsFontCache
Template=BlockPorts
Template=LingerPrograms
Template=Chrome_Phishing_DirectAccess
Template=Firefox_Phishing_DirectAccess
Template=AutoRecoverIgnore
RecoverFolder=%{374DE290-123F-4565-9164-39C4925E467B}%
RecoverFolder=%Personal%
RecoverFolder=%Favorites%
RecoverFolder=%Desktop%
BorderColor=#00FFFF,ttl
I have OneDrive disabled and the folder removed. 7zip and MBAM context menu are enabled. No other explorer addons I can think of.

Thanks.

bo.elam
Sandboxie Guru
Sandboxie Guru

Post by bo.elam » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:51 pm

Hi predprey, when I run File explorer sandboxed in my W10, for the drives to show up takes a few seconds but it doesn't freeze at all and I can navigate away right away if I want to. I think its been like that for a while. Is this what you are seeing? Picture 1, when I click to run explorer sandboxed. Picture 2, after about 6 seconds. As far as I can tell, there is no issue. If you are experiencing freezes, perhaps its been caused by Malwarebytes.

Bo
Attachments
Sin título.jpg
Sin título.jpg (68.92 KiB) Viewed 711 times
Last edited by bo.elam on Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bo.elam
Sandboxie Guru
Sandboxie Guru

Post by bo.elam » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:58 pm

Picture 2.

Bo
Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (90.03 KiB) Viewed 710 times

predprey

Post by predprey » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:53 pm

bo.elam wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:51 pm
Hi predprey, when I run File explorer sandboxed in my W10, for the drives to show up takes a few seconds but it doesn't freeze at all and I can navigate away right away if I want to. I think its been like that for a while. Is this what you are seeing? Picture 1, when I click to run explorer sandboxed. Picture 2, after about 6 seconds. As far as I can tell, there is no issue. If you are experiencing freezes, perhaps its been caused by Malwarebytes.

Bo
Yes, this is what happens for me, thanks for the screen caps. I don't recall having this issue back on Windows 8.1 and a few versions back though. It only takes longer to load on Windows Explorer and does not freeze up , but in other programs they may become unresponsive while loading. Any ideas why this only occurs within a sandbox?

bo.elam
Sandboxie Guru
Sandboxie Guru

Post by bo.elam » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:59 am

predprey wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:53 pm
.... but in other programs they may become unresponsive while loading. Any ideas why this only occurs within a sandbox?
The one thing I can think of is perhaps Malwarebytes is interfering with Sandboxie. If you only use one sandbox to run programs then try running programs in another sandbox with default settings and/or disable or uninstall Malwarebytes (for testing). It wouldn't surprise me if MB freezes programs when they attempt to start and run in the sandbox. For testing, its better to uninstall. In my personal case I dont feel any problem with any program that I run sandboxed in W10 or W7. Everything is running nice.

Bo

predprey

Post by predprey » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:12 am

bo.elam wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:59 am
predprey wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:53 pm
.... but in other programs they may become unresponsive while loading. Any ideas why this only occurs within a sandbox?
The one thing I can think of is perhaps Malwarebytes is interfering with Sandboxie. If you only use one sandbox to run programs then try running programs in another sandbox with default settings and/or disable or uninstall Malwarebytes (for testing). It wouldn't surprise me if MB freezes programs when they attempt to start and run in the sandbox. For testing, its better to uninstall. In my personal case I dont feel any problem with any program that I run sandboxed in W10 or W7. Everything is running nice.

Bo
Uninstalling Malwarebytes didn't fix it. I'm thinking its some issue with Windows 10 Creator's Update since I kind of remember this problem appearing since around that time.

Barb@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support

Post by Barb@Invincea » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:13 am

Hello predprey,

Let's see if we can find any clues in the Resource Access Monitor log:
https://www.sandboxie.com/ResourceAccessMonitor
Launch Res. Acc. Mon.
Reproduce the issue.
Copy-paste the Res. Acc. Mon output and paste it here.
Highlight the output you just pasted and click on the "</>" button in the forum to format it

Regards,
Barb.-

predprey

Post by predprey » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:48 am

Code: Select all

(Drive)     \Device\CdRom0
(Drive)     \Device\HarddiskVolume4
(Drive)     \Device\HarddiskVolume6
(Drive)     \Device\HarddiskVolume8
(Drive)     \Device\HarddiskVolume9
Clsid       -------------------------------
Clsid       {3EEF301F-B596-4C0B-BD92-013BEAFCE793} Desktop Undo Manager
Clsid       {75DFF2B7-6936-4C06-A8BB-676A7B00B24B} CLSID_SeparateMultipleProcessExplorerHost
Clsid       {9BA05972-F6A8-11CF-A442-00A0C90A8F39} ShellWindows
File/Key    -------------------------------
Image       -------------------------------
Ipc         -------------------------------
Ipc         \BaseNamedObjects\[CoreUI]-PID(2216)-TID(1964) 414dec61-efed-4567-979f-f49794f9125c
Ipc         \BaseNamedObjects\[CoreUI]-PID(3248)-TID(3544) 94f9be2d-04e5-41a8-ac60-602cc1ba20b3
Ipc         \BaseNamedObjects\__ComCatalogCache__
Ipc         \BaseNamedObjects\{A3BD3259-3E4F-428a-84C8-F0463A9D3EB5}
Ipc         \BaseNamedObjects\{A64C7F33-DA35-459b-96CA-63B51FB0CDB9}
Ipc         \BaseNamedObjects\C:*ProgramData*Microsoft*Windows*Caches*{6AF0698E-D558-4F6E-9B3C-3716689AF493}.2.ver0x0000000000000002.db
Ipc         \BaseNamedObjects\C:*ProgramData*Microsoft*Windows*Caches*{DDF571F2-BE98-426D-8288-1A9A39C3FDA2}.2.ver0x0000000000000002.db
Ipc         \BaseNamedObjects\C:*ProgramData*Microsoft*Windows*Caches*cversions.2.ro
Ipc         \BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_1280.db!dfMaintainer
Ipc         \BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_16.db!dfMaintainer
Ipc         \BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_1920.db!dfMaintainer
Ipc         \BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_256.db!dfMaintainer
Ipc         \BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_2560.db!dfMaintainer
Ipc         \BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_32.db!dfMaintainer
Ipc         \BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_48.db!dfMaintainer
Ipc         \BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_768.db!dfMaintainer
Ipc         \BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_96.db!dfMaintainer
Ipc         \BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_custom_stream.db!dfMaintainer
Ipc         \BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_exif.db!dfMaintainer
Ipc         \BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_idx.db!IconCacheInit
Ipc         \BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_idx.db!rwWriterEvent
Ipc         \BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_idx.db!rwWriterMutex
Ipc         \BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_sr.db!dfMaintainer
Ipc         \BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_wide.db!dfMaintainer
Ipc         \BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_wide_alternate.db!dfMaintainer
Ipc         \BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:thumbcache_1280.db!dfMaintainer
Ipc         \BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:thumbcache_16.db!dfMaintainer
Ipc         \BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:thumbcache_1920.db!dfMaintainer
Ipc         \BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:thumbcache_256.db!dfMaintainer
Ipc         \BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:thumbcache_2560.db!dfMaintainer
Ipc         \BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:thumbcache_32.db!dfMaintainer
Ipc         \BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:thumbcache_48.db!dfMaintainer
Ipc         \BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:thumbcache_768.db!dfMaintainer
Ipc         \BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:thumbcache_96.db!dfMaintainer
Ipc         \BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:thumbcache_custom_stream.db!dfMaintainer
Ipc         \BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:thumbcache_exif.db!dfMaintainer
Ipc         \BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:thumbcache_idx.db!rwWriterEvent
Ipc         \BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:thumbcache_idx.db!rwWriterMutex
Ipc         \BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:thumbcache_idx.db!ThumbnailCacheInit
Ipc         \BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:thumbcache_sr.db!dfMaintainer
Ipc         \BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:thumbcache_wide.db!dfMaintainer
Ipc         \BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:thumbcache_wide_alternate.db!dfMaintainer
Ipc         \BaseNamedObjects\RotHintTable
Ipc         \BaseNamedObjects\SC_AutoStartComplete
Ipc         \BaseNamedObjects\windows_shell_global_counters
Ipc         \RPC Control\actkernel
Ipc         \RPC Control\epmapper
Ipc         \RPC Control\OLE5E1D871392AA47A413E975F5EE4B
Ipc         \RPC Control\OLEE0EDC4140700D8EE3E8E77B35EBD
Ipc         \RPC Control\OLEE2B856F5E3DA8E8F59A4035577AD
Ipc         \RPC Control\OLEEAAADE4295B9D2A1B4A096A24AFB
Ipc         \RPC Control\OLEF17A16CECE3178932A32BB944FC0
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\__ComCatalogCache__
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\{A3BD3259-3E4F-428a-84C8-F0463A9D3EB5}
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\{A64C7F33-DA35-459b-96CA-63B51FB0CDB9}
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C:*ProgramData*Microsoft*Windows*Caches*{6AF0698E-D558-4F6E-9B3C-3716689AF493}.2.ver0x0000000000000002.db
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C:*ProgramData*Microsoft*Windows*Caches*{DDF571F2-BE98-426D-8288-1A9A39C3FDA2}.2.ver0x0000000000000002.db
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C:*ProgramData*Microsoft*Windows*Caches*cversions.2.ro
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C:*Users******AppData*Local*Microsoft*Windows*Caches*{AFBF9F1A-8EE8-4C77-AF34-C647E37CA0D9}.1.ver0x0000000000000064.db
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C:*Users******AppData*Local*Microsoft*Windows*Caches*cversions.1.ro
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_1280.db!dfMaintainer
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_16.db!dfMaintainer
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_1920.db!dfMaintainer
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_256.db!dfMaintainer
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_2560.db!dfMaintainer
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_32.db!dfMaintainer
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_48.db!dfMaintainer
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_768.db!dfMaintainer
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_96.db!dfMaintainer
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_custom_stream.db!dfMaintainer
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_exif.db!dfMaintainer
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_idx.db!08568
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_idx.db!08a58
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_idx.db!08f48
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_idx.db!09438
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_idx.db!09928
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_idx.db!09e18
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_idx.db!0a308
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_idx.db!0a7f8
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_idx.db!0ace8
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_idx.db!0b1d8
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_idx.db!0b6c8
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_idx.db!0bbb8
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_idx.db!0c0a8
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_idx.db!0c598
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_idx.db!0ca88
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_idx.db!0cf78
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_idx.db!0d468
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_idx.db!0d958
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_idx.db!0de48
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_idx.db!0e338
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_idx.db!0e828
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_idx.db!0ed18
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_idx.db!110f18
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_idx.db!112008
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_idx.db!1130f8
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_idx.db!1141e8
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_idx.db!1152d8
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_idx.db!1163c8
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_idx.db!1174b8
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_idx.db!1cb58
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_idx.db!1dc48
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_idx.db!1ed38
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_idx.db!1fe28
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_idx.db!21e048
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_idx.db!220538
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_idx.db!222a28
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_idx.db!224f18
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_idx.db!227408
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_idx.db!2298f8
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_idx.db!22bde8
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_idx.db!22e2d8
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_idx.db!2307c8
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_idx.db!232cb8
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_idx.db!2351a8
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_idx.db!237698
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_idx.db!239b88
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_idx.db!IconCacheInit
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_idx.db!rwReaderRefs
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_idx.db!rwWriterEvent
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_idx.db!rwWriterMutex
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_sr.db!dfMaintainer
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_wide.db!dfMaintainer
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:iconcache_wide_alternate.db!dfMaintainer
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:thumbcache_1280.db!dfMaintainer
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:thumbcache_16.db!dfMaintainer
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:thumbcache_1920.db!dfMaintainer
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:thumbcache_256.db!dfMaintainer
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:thumbcache_2560.db!dfMaintainer
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:thumbcache_32.db!dfMaintainer
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:thumbcache_48.db!dfMaintainer
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:thumbcache_768.db!dfMaintainer
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:thumbcache_96.db!dfMaintainer
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:thumbcache_custom_stream.db!dfMaintainer
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:thumbcache_exif.db!dfMaintainer
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:thumbcache_idx.db!rwReaderRefs
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:thumbcache_idx.db!rwWriterEvent
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:thumbcache_idx.db!rwWriterMutex
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:thumbcache_idx.db!ThumbnailCacheInit
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:thumbcache_sr.db!dfMaintainer
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:thumbcache_wide.db!dfMaintainer
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\C::Users:****:AppData:Local:Microsoft:Windows:Explorer:thumbcache_wide_alternate.db!dfMaintainer
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\ComPlusCOMRegTable
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\ComTaskPool:2216
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\ComTaskPool:7824
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\HWNDInterface:1390cb0
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\HWNDInterface:1b08b4
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\HWNDInterface:2b0e6c
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\HWNDInterface:3207c8
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\HWNDInterface:510f14
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\HWNDInterface:910d88
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\HWNDInterface:d70b94
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\OleDfRoot3E52AF0D80B1B2B
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\OleDfRootEB426E9B1542B7C7
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\RotHintTable
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\SBIE_BOXED_DummyEvent_14420
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\SBIE_BOXED_DummyEvent_2216
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\SBIE_BOXED_DummyEvent_3956
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\SBIE_BOXED_DummyEvent_7824
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\SBIE_BOXED_DummyEvent_8360
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\SBIE_BOXED_DummyEvent_8460
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\SBIE_BOXED_DummyEvent_9224
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\SBIE_BOXED_RPCSS_SXS_READY
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\SBIE_BOXED_ServiceInitComplete_DcomLaunch
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\SBIE_BOXED_ServiceInitComplete_Mutex1
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\SBIE_BOXED_ServiceInitComplete_RpcEptMapper
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\SBIE_BOXED_ServiceInitComplete_RpcSs
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\SboxSession
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\SC_AutoStartComplete
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\ScmCreatedEvent
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\SessionImmersiveColorMutex
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\SessionImmersiveColorPreference
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\Shell.CMruPidlList
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\SM0:14420:304:WilStaging_02
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\SM0:14420:304:WilStaging_02_p0
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\SM0:14420:304:WilStaging_02_p0h
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\SM0:2216:120:WilError_01
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\SM0:2216:120:WilError_01_p0
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\SM0:2216:120:WilError_01_p0h
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\SM0:2216:304:WilStaging_02
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\SM0:2216:304:WilStaging_02_p0
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\SM0:2216:304:WilStaging_02_p0h
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\SM0:3956:120:WilError_01
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\SM0:3956:120:WilError_01_p0
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\SM0:3956:120:WilError_01_p0h
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\SM0:3956:304:WilStaging_02
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\SM0:3956:304:WilStaging_02_p0
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\SM0:3956:304:WilStaging_02_p0h
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\SM0:7824:120:WilError_01
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\SM0:7824:120:WilError_01_p0
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\SM0:7824:120:WilError_01_p0h
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\SM0:7824:304:WilStaging_02
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\SM0:7824:304:WilStaging_02_p0
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\SM0:7824:304:WilStaging_02_p0h
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\SM0:8360:120:WilError_01
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\SM0:8360:120:WilError_01_p0
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\SM0:8360:120:WilError_01_p0h
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\SM0:8360:304:WilStaging_02
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\SM0:8360:304:WilStaging_02_p0
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\SM0:8360:304:WilStaging_02_p0h
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\SM0:8460:304:WilStaging_02
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\SM0:8460:304:WilStaging_02_p0
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\SM0:8460:304:WilStaging_02_p0h
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\SM0:9224:304:WilStaging_02
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\SM0:9224:304:WilStaging_02_p0
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\SM0:9224:304:WilStaging_02_p0h
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\SyncRootManager
Ipc         \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\windows_shell_global_counters
Ipc      O  \BaseNamedObjects\CoreMessagingRegistrar
Ipc      O  \BaseNamedObjects\msctf.serverDefault1
Ipc      O  \KernelObjects\MaximumCommitCondition
Ipc      O  \KnownDlls\advapi32.dll
Ipc      O  \KnownDlls\bcryptPrimitives.dll
Ipc      O  \KnownDlls\cfgmgr32.dll
Ipc      O  \KnownDlls\clbcatq.dll
Ipc      O  \KnownDlls\combase.dll
Ipc      O  \KnownDlls\COMDLG32.dll
Ipc      O  \KnownDlls\coml2.dll
Ipc      O  \KnownDlls\CRYPT32.dll
Ipc      O  \KnownDlls\FLTLIB.DLL
Ipc      O  \KnownDlls\gdi32.dll
Ipc      O  \KnownDlls\gdi32full.dll
Ipc      O  \KnownDlls\IMAGEHLP.dll
Ipc      O  \KnownDlls\IMM32.dll
Ipc      O  \KnownDlls\kernel.appcore.dll
Ipc      O  \KnownDlls\kernel32.dll
Ipc      O  \KnownDlls\kernelbase.dll
Ipc      O  \KnownDlls\MSASN1.dll
Ipc      O  \KnownDlls\MSCTF.dll
Ipc      O  \KnownDlls\msvcp_win.dll
Ipc      O  \KnownDlls\MSVCRT.dll
Ipc      O  \KnownDlls\ole32.dll
Ipc      O  \KnownDlls\OLEAUT32.dll
Ipc      O  \KnownDlls\powrprof.dll
Ipc      O  \KnownDlls\profapi.dll
Ipc      O  \KnownDlls\PSAPI.DLL
Ipc      O  \KnownDlls\rpcrt4.dll
Ipc      O  \KnownDlls\sechost.dll
Ipc      O  \KnownDlls\Setupapi.dll
Ipc      O  \KnownDlls\SHCORE.dll
Ipc      O  \KnownDlls\SHELL32.dll
Ipc      O  \KnownDlls\SHLWAPI.dll
Ipc      O  \KnownDlls\ucrtbase.dll
Ipc      O  \KnownDlls\user32.dll
Ipc      O  \KnownDlls\win32u.dll
Ipc      O  \KnownDlls\windows.storage.dll
Ipc      O  \KnownDlls\WINTRUST.dll
Ipc      O  \KnownDlls\WS2_32.dll
Ipc      O  \RPC Control\lsapolicylookup
Ipc      O  \RPC Control\lsasspirpc
Ipc      O  \RPC Control\SbieSvcPort
Ipc      O  \Security\LSA_AUTHENTICATION_INITIALIZED
Ipc      O  \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\CicLoadWinStaWinSta0
Ipc      O  \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\CTF.AsmListCache.FMPDefault1
Ipc      O  \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\MSCTF.Asm.MutexDefault1
Ipc      O  \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\MSCTF.CtfMonitorInstMutexDefault1
Ipc      O  \Sessions\1\Windows\ApiPort
Ipc      O  \Sessions\1\Windows\DwmApiPort
Ipc      O  \Sessions\1\Windows\SharedSection
Ipc      O  \Sessions\1\Windows\Theme3415775463
Ipc      O  \Sessions\1\Windows\ThemeSection
Ipc      O  \ThemeApiPort
Ipc      O  \Windows\Theme2332237109
Pipe        -------------------------------
Pipe        ?
Pipe        \Device\00000037
Pipe        \Device\CdRom0
Pipe        \Device\CNG
Pipe        \Device\DfsClient
Pipe        \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Pipe        \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Pipe        \Device\HarddiskVolume4
Pipe        \Device\HarddiskVolume6
Pipe        \Device\HarddiskVolume8
Pipe        \Device\HarddiskVolume9
Pipe        \Device\KsecDD
Pipe        \Device\MountPointManager
Pipe        \device\namedpipe\dav rpc service
Pipe        \device\namedpipe\lsarpc
Pipe        \device\namedpipe\srvsvc
Pipe        \device\namedpipe\wkssvc
Pipe        \Device\Ndis
Pipe        \Device\NDMP1
Pipe        \Device\NDMP10
Pipe        \Device\NDMP11
Pipe        \Device\NDMP12
Pipe        \Device\NDMP2
Pipe        \Device\NDMP3
Pipe        \Device\NDMP4
Pipe        \Device\NDMP5
Pipe        \Device\NDMP6
Pipe        \Device\NDMP7
Pipe        \Device\NDMP8
Pipe        \Device\NDMP9
WinCls      -------------------------------
WinCls   O  Shell_TrayWnd
WinCls   X  ApplicationManager_DesktopShellWindow
WinCls   X  Progman
Here's the monitor log. :D

Barb@Invincea
Sandboxie Support
Sandboxie Support

Post by Barb@Invincea » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:29 pm

Hello predprey,

I am not seeing any differences between your output and mine. I still cannot reproduce any kind of delay/freezing when opening "This computer" sandboxed (or Windows explorer).
(...)Windows Explorer and does not freeze up , but in other programs they may become unresponsive while loading...
I could use some clarification as to what is really happening, so that I can further test. Repro steps will be apprciated.

Do you have any addons in explorer, or are you using any themes...anything that is not "the default" ?
Can you provide a screenshot of the issue ?

I take it that this problem does not occur outside Sandboxie, correct?

You can try blocking this class...Not sure what would be the effect (so far, I have not found any issues closing it, but I recommend to try this in a Test Sandbox)
Create a new Sandbox
Right on the Sandbox --> sandbox settings -->Resource Access --> COM Access
Paste this
{9BA05972-F6A8-11CF-A442-00A0C90A8F39}
Apply and Ok your way out.
Configure--Reload configuration
Re-try launchng Explorer in the Sandbox (If no difference, revert the changes).

Regards,
Barb.-

predprey

Post by predprey » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:45 pm

Bo's first screenshot shows the issue. An unsandboxed Windows explorer when opened with "Win Key+E" instantly loads the "Devices and drives" section, but just browsing to "This PC" in any sandboxed application will take a while to load, such as is the case in Bo's screenshot where the address bar indicates it is still loading, which can take up to 30 seconds. I can reproduce the issue by opening "Run Windows Explorer" on any sandbox since I set my Explorer to defaults to "This PC". But even just refreshing the "This PC" directory will take another 30 seconds.

Blocking this {9BA05972-F6A8-11CF-A442-00A0C90A8F39} didn't work.

EDIT: Here's a video to better show the problem.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OiVpgT ... sp=sharing
I first launch a Windows Explorer on a completely new sandbox with default settings, and it takes around 25 seconds to load completely.
Nearing the end I launch an Explorer window unsandboxed and it loads instantly.

bo.elam
Sandboxie Guru
Sandboxie Guru

Post by bo.elam » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:28 pm

predprey, I know the loading of sandboxed explorer in my W7 is not as slow as in W10, its inmediate. But either way, in my case, I dont consider the slow loading of sandboxed File explorer in W10 as a problem as I dont experience freezes or delays other than the loading that takes a few seconds. You mentioned noticing this since 1803 came out but I know for sure its been like that from before as I know I had noticed it way back. If I was you, if there's no freeze after File explorer is fully loaded, I wouldn't let this bother me.

Bo

predprey

Post by predprey » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:14 pm

Yea, its not a major bug, but it can be a real annoyance where i have to wait every time I want to open a file or directory. It would be nice to know what is really causing it on Windows 10 though, like a side effect for a compatibility patch or something?