Trust No Program

Help with sandboxie, Can't run anyprogram

Please post your problem description here

Help with sandboxie, Can't run anyprogram

Postby JimmyLuong » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:08 pm

Hi everyone
I just installed this program today because i heard is a very useful one. But the problem is I can't seem to get any program running in sandbox mode at all. I use Window 7 32bit win Kapersky Internet Security (trail version) . At first i tried to start with my Firefox 3.6, but the program just pop up a few lines and then automatically delete all of it and nothing happen. No new window , nothing, i tried also other program but it is the same result. Did i miss something with the installation? if someone know my problem please help me thank
JimmyLuong

Re: Help with sandboxie, Can't run anyprogram

Postby Guest10 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:12 pm

JimmyLuong wrote:At first i tried to start with my Firefox 3.6, but the program just pop up a few lines and then automatically delete all of it and nothing happen...
The information in those lines might help to find the problem, if you can list them.
Paul
XP Pro SP3 (Admin), Zone Alarm Pro Firewall, Malwarebytes Pro, Firefox 31, Thunderbird 31
Guest10

Postby JimmyLuong » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:51 pm

Well the information on those line go away quite quickly so i don't really know, but it seem that those are like the one i saw in the screenshot of sandboxie when it start any program. There were 3 lines which appeared under the Sandbox default folder. I think they are like this
Start.exe
Sandboxie smt .exe
Firefox.exe

Then after like 3 seconds they suddenly close up by themself, I'm new to this program so I don't understand it quite clearly yet
JimmyLuong

Postby Guest10 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:58 pm

I've been trying to think of a way to resolve problems like this.
There are a few people who can't seem to get their browsers to work when sandboxed.
Unfortunately, Sandboxie's logging will only log Sandboxie messages, and you do not seem to be getting any of those.
Firefox's Error Console, on the Tools menu, looks to be pretty useless too - at least, for me.
All I can suggest is that something is stopping the sandboxed Firefox from running, and you will have to experiment with things like A/V and firewall settings.
Paul
XP Pro SP3 (Admin), Zone Alarm Pro Firewall, Malwarebytes Pro, Firefox 31, Thunderbird 31
Guest10

Return to Problem Reports