Trust No Program

Sandbox Google Chrome

Please post your problem description here

Sandbox Google Chrome

Postby Allenire » Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:27 pm

I am new to Sandboxie, only been using it for a couple of days.

I am trying to sandbox my Google Chrome browser but keep getting the message SBIE2102 File is too large to copy into sandbox.

All my other browswers are working fine. Any ideas please?
Thanks Allen
Allenire

RE: Sandbox Google Chrome

Postby Pooh » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:51 pm

Allenire,

Google Chrome has its own sandbox technique already build into the browser. There is no real reason for needing to run Chrome inside Sandboxie. Sure, Chrome's sandbox might have a few bugs, but so does Sandboxie.

Pooh.
Pooh

Re: RE: Sandbox Google Chrome

Postby Ninho » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:14 am

Pooh wrote:Google Chrome has its own sandbox technique already build into the browser. There is no real reason for needing to run Chrome inside Sandboxie.

Beg to disagree, strongly so. Even though the chosen name "sandbox" is the same, protections afforded by (on one hand) Chrome as described in <http://blog.chromium.org/2008/10/new-approach-to-browser-security-google.html> , and Sandboxie (on the other hand) are different. Chrome's "sandboxes" do not provide nearly as much protection as Sandboxie's. In particular, on systems and drives using FAT32 rather than NTFS, Sandboxie still prevents unauthorised writes to files whereas Chrome will be totally ineffective.

Maybe Tzuk will want to complete (and possibly correct) my answer...
Ninho
Ninho

Re: Sandbox Google Chrome

Postby offthegrid » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:35 am

Chrome should work fine in the latest version of Sandboxie. I use it as my default browser and only with Sandboxie 3.32. That message did come up with the older versions though. Maybe check your Sandboxie version.

Allenire wrote:I am new to Sandboxie, only been using it for a couple of days.

I am trying to sandbox my Google Chrome browser but keep getting the message SBIE2102 File is too large to copy into sandbox.

All my other browswers are working fine. Any ideas please?
Thanks Allen
offthegrid

Running Chrome in Sandboxie

Postby krys2fur » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:04 pm

Just downloaded to try and it was the latest version. I had the same problem but, after messing around with the sandboxie settings. I found under File Migration that it has a memory limit to migrate. You can adjust this limit or do what I did and just checked the box not to show this message. Seems to be working now. I thought I would just share this for others. :D
krys2fur

Return to Problem Reports