LAUNCHER VERSION: 22.214.171.124
INSTALLER VERSION: 126.96.36.199
PLEASE READ THE README.TXT DURING INSTALLATION FOR INSTRUCTIONS
** DO NOT USE on a system with a locally installed version of Sandboxie!!
<-- NOW packaged as an installer!! -->
SandboxiePortable now uses the official Sandboxie installer. This has several benefits. Installation is now much simpler, you don't have to manually extract anything. Since the installer cleans up everything upon removal, you can now use the shell / sendto extensions portably.
I've also included an Updater utility to simplify updating to a new version of Sandboxie. It is located in the same directory as the launcher. A separate download link is below for users who do not need to update the whole package. Place the Updater in the same directory as the launcher.
** NOTE TO USERS UPGRADING FROM 3.01.21 or 3.02 -
The new GUI versions of Sandboxie use a new layout for the INI file. DO NOT use your old INI file directly with this new portable version of Sandboxie. Run the launcher once and let it copy a default INI to the application directory, then modify your settings via the GUI.
(included in full package above)
- Installation and removal of Sandboxie now handled by official Sandboxie installer
- CrashCleanup utility updated accordingly
- Shell Integration can now safely be used
- updated README and installer
- Sandbox location now read from FileRootPath setting in the GlobalSettings section for compatibility with new Sandboxie behavior
- A warning will be issued if the deprecated 'BoxRootFolder' setting is found in your INI
*** WARNING ***
For SAFETY you MUST set your sandbox location through the Sandboxie GUI - Sandbox -> Set Container Folder
- Fix: Splashscreen was not displayed if SandboxiePortable.ini was not in launcher folder
- Updated INI processing for compatibility with the new Sandboxie GUI (v3.02.25+)
- Launcher will automatically copy a default INI file to the program directory if one does not exist
- Added a new INI file to contain new Eraser and splashscreen options; settings are no longer stored in the main Sandboxie.ini file
- Updated README with new information
- Updated Sandboxie LICENSE